The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:01:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy  (Read 391195 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: July 11, 2011, 03:30:06 PM »

Welcome. Please feel free to contribute.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »

Phil, I've always heard that Naso said something about believing in Jesus Christ "of Latter Day Saints."  Is this true?

Yes.

During another discussion on Naso's religious beliefs, he claimed to be "half Catholic, half Christian."

Another time, when talking about his Christian background, I asked with which denomination he identified. I started listing Protestant denominations: "Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian, Pentecostal..." His response: "Uh...the one with the 'E.'"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »

Damn. Joe beat me to it. This is further proof of why Naso is one of the funniest people here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

Now please keep in mind, America: it's the Republican leadership that's acting childish, not the individual that stormed out of negotiations.

Roll Eyes

Yes, someone hasn't been paying attention: you. This isn't a place for you to complain about politics.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »

Still not sure if he was being serious about this...

Keep in mind that I know the Mormon voter really well because many of my close friends are Mormons. I understand this community. Have you even met a Mormon before?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »

Kalwejt, thanks for the ludicrous comment, however, I can fight my own battles.

In this case, go get 'em, tiger.

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!  ROAR!!!!!!!!!!  ROAR!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, Phil.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:09:59 PM »

Winfield is bumping a bunch of threads where people say, "Congrats, Phil!" to simply respond, "The Winfield legacy lives on."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »

Winfield is bumping a bunch of threads where people say, "Congrats, Phil!" to simply respond, "The Winfield legacy lives on."

What does that even mean?

He's taking credit (if you really want to call it "credit"), for a joke that has been twisted to mock him. He views it as part of his "legacy" though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »

I'm trying to remember what started the meme though - the election of Pat Toomey?

Which leads to another great Winfield quote...

The best part was when Winfield withdraw his congratulations to Phil and adressed it directly to Toomey.

Please, please, I really must protest.  You are spreading faleshoods, you are defaming my good name, you are maligning my sterling reputation.  It was Toomey AND Corbett. 

It was Toomey and Corbett, Meeker.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »

A great intellectual battle...

only a matter of time before the 'scene kids' go back to dial up...like they did vinyl.

Uh it's not like that all. Vinyl never went out of style in the scene to begin with. Lots of bands refused to press their records on CD even when it became the dominant format.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »

Note: before you say that someone is stupid, don't look stupid yourself...

The rest of the country however is done with no nothing uber religious hyper partisan types.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »

From the Bizarre-o Files...

Also, in a race between Matheson and Chaffetz, Matheson may end up being perceived as the most pro-Utah candidate. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »

"Broken"  Hilarious!

Well I only used the Facebook for about two weeks and it is, unsurprisingly, already broken.  It appears to be infected with viruses and I cannot see my account.  Ah, what wonderfulness is the modern technology.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 04:19:37 PM »

Moose is probably right under my nose. He's definitely the Forum member that lives closest to me. He has given me hints as to where he lives and places he frequents but that's all I'll ever get.  Tongue

Oh, by the way, this type of discussion isn't meant for The Institute.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 08:11:02 AM »

Gentlemen, your attention please! A message from our Dean:

A girl at work mentioned my hair sticking up a bit in back, and I said, "Yeah, I have a cowlick." She immediately made a face like "Oh boy" as if I were making an innuendo. She had no idea what a cowlick was. Then, as I tried to explain what it was, she seemed disinterested and a bit bewildered.

Just shows how so many younger girls take things the wrong way.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 06:12:05 PM »

Holmes, stop posting political comments with which you disagree. I laid out an argument which wasn't comical at all. Get over your little obsession. Thank you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 09:46:29 PM »

or that you think Santorum are better presidential choices than Toomey or Corbett.

Actually, dumb, the poll and my answer had absolutely nothing to do with who I thought would be a "better Presidential choice;" it was a question and answer based on who was more likely to become President. Please note. Thanks.  Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »

It's reassuring to see that during the debt ceiling negotiations, inspiration was taken from this body's esteemed Chairman for the creation of the congressional 'super-committee' tasked with researching which federal spending programs should be cut.

Will said committee only be cutting taxes for certain districts?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 10:21:24 PM »

Opebo, my friend, the white polo I had isn't "white bread" in the way that you think it is.

I didn't think it was all that white bread, and not in the way you think I thought it was, girlfriend.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »

Classic MAN Jr.

...Instead of British people sipping tea and being friendly...

Why doesn't he have his own talk show? It would definitely be the highest rated.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 08:27:15 PM »

Perfect
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »

You dems keep thinking it will be 2008 with some economic hardships. It won't. It's going to be completely different.

The edge almost always goes for the challenger. This was true for Kerry, Dole, McCain, ect.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 09:44:21 PM »

The next time someone refers to this hallowed institution as a "goldmine," they will be expelled.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 10:52:58 PM »

The media will be jumping at anything and everything. I recall how many times George W. Bush made "epic" comments that "doomed" his 2000 campaign.

When asked who Bush considered was the world's greatest philosopher, he answered:  "Jesus Christ. He changed my life." They jumped all over that.

Now it's really lame. Perry says there is a black cloud hanging over America, they say it's racist. When he say's America needs a President who loves it, they want to see if Perry is "implying" anything. Liberal cowards always do that. I remember in High School when a bully kept messing with me, and I said, "Watch yourself, sometimes things don't turn out so good" and he went to the principal. They asked if I threatened or tried to fight him and I said, "No" and they responded, "but did you imply it?" I laughed in their face. They clearly were not pleased.

How old are you?

I turn 23 years old in October, why?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies