Bachmann: Pray Away the Gay (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:11:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Bachmann: Pray Away the Gay (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bachmann: Pray Away the Gay  (Read 6031 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 11, 2011, 05:58:39 PM »

Damn, I wish this would have come out after she had won the nomination.

Why? This will give her a huge bounce in GOP primary polls.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:24:23 PM »

Why are there successes (albeit very little) in "cureing" if there is a gay gene?

My theory is anybody in a subculture so naive that it thinks "praying gay away" would work doesn't understand bisexuality at all and just considers it to be homosexual behavior.  Most ex-gay "success" stories I imagine could have gone either way and just were pushed towards the heterosexual side.  I doubt any legitimate gay or transgendered actually came out of this "fixed."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:17:36 PM »

I've met a few men who I swore were gay, but were married to women.  Also, not to sound weird, but I've met a few effeminate white guys who were married to asian women, its a strange correlation. 

So it seems to be fairly common that effeminate gay men have managed to marry women and have children, but perhaps are still in the closet, or transitioned out of the closet.  So I wouldn't say its completely impossible for a gay man to decide he wants to have biological children and become a father. 

You do know that being gay involves being sexually attracted to similar genitalia and not whether a man is interested in football or Broadway?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies