why is everyone so hard on gporter?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:02:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  why is everyone so hard on gporter?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ....
it is the cool thing to do

he is a troll.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: why is everyone so hard on gporter?  (Read 4195 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2011, 06:12:26 PM »

i dont get it.

i admit, i dont know much about the kid.  but he seems to put a lot of time and work into his timelines.

it seems like there are far more obnoxious posters than he...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:14:57 PM »

Some people have to put down others to feel good about themselves.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:27:31 PM »

Nobody is hard on gporter.  He just has a victim complex.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:41:19 PM »

Nobody is hard on gporter.  He just has a victim complex.
^^^^
This.  But there's more:

I will admit that some of my earlier criticisms of GPORTER were when I was in my ASSHOLE stage (really, I feel kind of embarrassed reading my late 2009-early 2010 posts), so I admit I haven't always been exactly fair to the kid.  At one point I was man enough to apologize to GPORTER, to admit that I was wrong in the way I treated him.
However, over time he has shown that he has an inability to take even the most constructive of criticism well.  I even remember once he flat out told me he didn't care "what I thought" about how to make one of his timelines better.  To me, someone who shows that much blatant disrespect to people who read timelines and just flatout ignores all criticism doesn't deserve respect.  I credit all of my hard work on writing my timelines, all of the praise I get for how well written and thought out they are, to the people who read and comment on it.  If it weren't for some comments by some readers of my writing I wouldn't be as good at doing it as I am.  To hear a poster disrespect people who take the effort to read timelines and comment on them......that is just one of the most disrespectful things anyone could do (at least in my mind).

That is why I stopped giving a toss about how victimized GPORTER feels.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »

Jealousy.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 01:32:18 AM »

Humans have a tendency to pile together and hate on outsiders. Especially when they're easy targets.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 04:47:01 AM »

Oh, come on. Haven't you seen his constant trolling ? Have you seen a single post from his that displays intelligence ?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 04:55:22 AM »

Garrison simply doesn't realize that people can, and will, disagree with him. Even the most polite criticism or even friendly suggestion to do something other way is for him a vicious attack.

As what-if board veteran I can say I offered my friendly criticism to a lot of fellow writers, and I received a lot in return. Should I take it personally as some kind of "meeen attack"? Lol.

Garrison simply doesn't understand the reality or human relations. I feel sorry for him. He's going to have a very difficult life with this attitude and he's failing to understand that.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 06:04:55 AM »

Oh, come on. Haven't you seen his constant trolling ? Have you seen a single post from his that displays intelligence ?

I haven't. But I've seen your and Kal's attacks on him.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 06:11:16 AM »

I think you're missing my point...(assuming this was directed at me)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 06:27:33 AM »

Yes, at you and at all the other "poor Gporter persecuted by meeen ppl" posters here. How did I miss the point ?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 06:39:13 AM »

I haven't. But I've seen your and Kal's attacks on him.

Those "attacks" were merely dismissive response to his trolling on this board. Garrison, on the other hand, called for Antonio's banning, calling his a troll, before Antonio said a word.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 06:59:05 AM »

Yes, at you and at all the other "poor Gporter persecuted by meeen ppl" posters here. How did I miss the point ?

Well, let's be blunt. If we assume that Gporter is not a sock, then he's mentally handicapped. Something he has said himself in the past. I don't laugh at the mentally handicapped. Just as I don't laugh at the fat. Nor do I point fingers.

There is, however, a tendency in humans to do this. I think it's an evolutionary thing, trying to weed out the weak. Personally I think it has no place in civilization and I try to uphold civilization even on the internet.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 07:34:10 AM »

There is no valid reason for anyone to be, mitty.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 08:11:33 AM »

GPorter is not mentally handicapped AFAIK. He admitted to be dyslexic, which is just as pointless as a serial killer admitting to be kleptomaniac. If he really were (which I see no reason to assume), then probably banning him would be the best thing to do for him. Otherwise, he's simply a troll who likes to say inanities.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 08:24:56 AM »

And I'd like to point that using this whole self-proclaimed dyslexia as an excuse for writting down idiotic/trollish things is very unfair for a real dyslectics, many of whom are very intelligent people.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 08:25:09 AM »

GPorter is not mentally handicapped AFAIK. He admitted to be dyslexic, which is just as pointless as a serial killer admitting to be kleptomaniac. If he really were (which I see no reason to assume), then probably banning him would be the best thing to do for him. Otherwise, he's simply a troll who likes to say inanities.

Well I'm Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.  I am easily distracted by scantily clad women and advertisements on TV for all you can eat Stuffed French Toast at IHop!  It's amazing I can function at all on a competent level on this forum!
I am so mentally handicapped (at least using the standard set by this forum) that I demand everybody immediately start ignoring every rude, abrasive, dismissive, assholish post I've ever made because I really can't help it because of my mental defect!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 08:26:44 AM »

I have a diagnosed ADHD as well. Hence, I'm demanding to be treated like a holy cow.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 08:28:28 AM »

I am so mentally handicapped (at least using the standard set by this forum) that I demand everybody immediately start ignoring every post I've ever made because I really can't help it because of my mental defect!

I'll keep that in mind Tongue
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 08:35:21 AM »

I am so mentally handicapped (at least using the standard set by this forum) that I demand everybody immediately start ignoring every post I've ever made because I really can't help it because of my mental defect!

LMAO man, that was classic.
You are easily the worst person in History.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »

Such attitude won't help you be cool nor with girls.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 08:47:17 AM »

Nor will being AG on an online politics game.  I guess we're in the same boat? 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 08:49:52 AM »

Nor will being AG on an online politics game.  I guess we're in the same boat? 

Hey, I have ADHD, remember? Angry
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 09:02:54 AM »

I think there's some truth to the term 'differently abled.' He ain't altogether dumb, that's clear from  some of his smarter analysis posts in the what-if board. Yeah he's oversensitive about some stuff and hasn't figured out how to deal with it. Most of the stuff he considers mean really isn't. But some of it is, and it should stop.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »

I think there's some truth to the term 'differently abled.' He ain't altogether dumb, that's clear from  some of his smarter analysis posts in the what-if board. Yeah he's oversensitive about some stuff and hasn't figured out how to deal with it. Most of the stuff he considers mean really isn't. But some of it is, and it should stop.

Frick and Frack don't know when to stop.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies