why is everyone so hard on gporter? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:05:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  why is everyone so hard on gporter? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
it is the cool thing to do

he is a troll.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: why is everyone so hard on gporter?  (Read 4252 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: July 12, 2011, 01:32:18 AM »

Humans have a tendency to pile together and hate on outsiders. Especially when they're easy targets.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 06:11:16 AM »

Oh, come on. Haven't you seen his constant trolling ? Have you seen a single post from his that displays intelligence ?

I think you're missing my point...(assuming this was directed at me)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 06:59:05 AM »

Oh, come on. Haven't you seen his constant trolling ? Have you seen a single post from his that displays intelligence ?

I think you're missing my point...(assuming this was directed at me)

Yes, at you and at all the other "poor Gporter persecuted by meeen ppl" posters here. How did I miss the point ?

Well, let's be blunt. If we assume that Gporter is not a sock, then he's mentally handicapped. Something he has said himself in the past. I don't laugh at the mentally handicapped. Just as I don't laugh at the fat. Nor do I point fingers.

There is, however, a tendency in humans to do this. I think it's an evolutionary thing, trying to weed out the weak. Personally I think it has no place in civilization and I try to uphold civilization even on the internet.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 09:20:07 AM »

GPorter is not mentally handicapped AFAIK. He admitted to be dyslexic, which is just as pointless as a serial killer admitting to be kleptomaniac. If he really were (which I see no reason to assume), then probably banning him would be the best thing to do for him. Otherwise, he's simply a troll who likes to say inanities.

I seem to recall him admitting to a lot more than being dyslectic. Many of my best friends are dyslectic, after all.

You could make the case that such people should be banned, yes. But I stand by my opinion that one shouldn't kick people who are down. I find it distasteful.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:17:16 AM »

Whether he's an idiot or not or makes bad posts or not is irrelevant. You have a choice over what to do with your time. You can choose to spend it making fun of someone who's retarded if you want. But I'm not going to do it.

At the very least you ought to admit to yourselves that there is no benevolent motive involved on your part (like "helping" him).

If he's faking it all, which is possible of course, there is no grounds to feel sorry for him. But there is also no reason at all to bash his fake lack of intelligence.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »

I haven't really read any of his posts recently, so I was thinking more of what happened earlier.

Of course someone who has mental problems can be a jerk. It's probably even more likely than that someone who doesn't will.

Regardless, there are plenty of mean people on the forum. But stupid posters tend to catch a lot more flak than mean posters around here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies