Liberal Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:13:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Liberal Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liberal Republicans  (Read 5906 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: July 15, 2011, 03:29:58 AM »

A better question is why on earth a liberal would belong to a virulently far-right party. Though to be fair, nearly all such liberals have finally figured out they don't belong in the GOP. We're still waiting for the yokels in Oklahoma to get a clue.

I'm still dealing with that myself, as I slowly lose faith with the republican party... lol
I'd prob become dem if it wasn't for Obama.

Ok, so if you leave.. what good does that do?  There will likely always be a two-party system in this country and a need for parties to contrast positions with one another in order to energize an electorate.  The more moderates leave the GOP, the harder the task is for the remaining moderates and responsible conservatives to provide a reasonable and rational alternative for voters.

DINO hunters can be just as viscous as RINO hunters.  Its always gonna be hard out there for those of us who judge issues individually based on logic and reason rather than always following the dogma of a particular ideology.

I'd be happy if the repubs became more socially moderate. They need to embrace more reasonable and equal stances. The younger generations aren't going to put up with their bigotry anymore, and the push to purify the party is pushing out moderates like myself.

Yeah I agree.  If anything the GOP doesn't need to become more socially moderate, it should become more socially libertarian.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies