Second Convention of the OAII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:13:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Second Convention of the OAII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Second Convention of the OAII  (Read 4775 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »

Which region is home to the 3 most popular Senators you ask? hmm, lets see Cool

Combined Senate:                        Approve:            Disapprove:            Net:
Sen. NC Yankee (RPP-NC)             100%                 0%                          +100%
Sen. Jbrase (CID-TX)                      83%                  17%                        +66%
Sen. AHDuke99 (RPP-SC)               81%                  19%                        +62%
Sen. shua (POP-VA)                       73%                  27%                         +46
Sen. Antonio (UDL-HI)                    64%                  36%                        +28%
Sen. bgwah (JCP-WA)                    60%                  40%                         +20%
Sen. Officepark (RPP-VA)                57%                  43%                         +14%
Sen. Napoleon (JCP-CT)                 50%                   50%                            0%
Sen. Fuzzybigfoot (JCP-NE)            50%                   50%                            0%
Sen. Snowguy716 (JCP-MN)           43%                   57%                         -14%
*High Five*
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 10:42:18 PM »

I remember a time when just showing up everyday guaranteed you 75%+ approve. Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »

Happy 2 month anniversary! 2 months ago the region took a large step in fighting STD's (and maybe a few other things Wink ) with the Trojan Act Smiley

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Trojan_Act

Section 1

In an effort the prevent STD/STI's on public universities within the Imperial Dominion of the South, the IDS shall take the following measures:

a. Condom dispensers shall be placed in the male restrooms of public universities.
    b. The condom dispensers shall be no wider than 1 foot and hold up to 500 condoms.
    c. The Coat of Arms of the Imperial House of Jbrase shall be painted onto one side of the dispensers and the flag of the IDS shall be painted on to the other side
    d. clauses "a,b,&,c" shall be paid for a a $5 raise in tuition fees for public university students

Section 2

The Government of the IDS shall accept the "Dibble" (gold and silver coins in 1,2,5,10,25,50,100,& 500 Dibble denominations that are produced and distributed by a private company) as payment for and service or debts owed to the region.

a. The IDS shall not by any means force any private business or individuals to accept the Dibble in private barter.
    b. If any citizen on the IDS would like to Exchange Dibbles for Dollars or vice versa, they may do at the Capitol Building in Memphis or in the capitols of the states within the IDS.
    c. The IDS does not recognize the Dibble as a "currency", but as simply items to be used in barter.

Section 3

The condoms used in Section one shall be supplied by whichever company provides the best offer to the region.

a. Whichever company wins the Business of the IDS shall be instructed to package the condoms in black wrappers with a picture with a banana that has a smiley face.
    b. The Wrappers shall also have written on the back "Don't be a fool, wrap your tool!"
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2011, 03:02:15 AM »

The Legislature has passed the Legislative Vacancy Act, which would boot any Darths who are truant for a full week. Let this be a reminder to everyone, announce your absences!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2011, 08:47:53 PM »

Is anyone going to challenge this..ahem..?  Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2011, 01:40:55 AM »

Do the overlords even have an Attorney General yet? Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2011, 08:32:32 AM »

Do the overlords even have an Attorney General yet? Tongue

Marokai has been chosen by the President and awaits confirmation.  That's why I bumped this thread Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 01:00:11 AM »

The Legislature has passed the Public Notification Bill, which will require me to post these notifications from now on. Stay tuned, citizens.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2011, 01:41:25 AM »

The Legislature has passed the Amendment to the Southeast Milita Initiative, expanding access to benefits for members of the IDS Militia.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2011, 09:42:48 PM »

As the founder, do I need to post in the registration thread to have this caucus registered?  Or can non-party affiliated caucuses not be registered? 

On another note, any and all southerners should check the legislation thread and see what we are trying to do with the IDS militia.  Fun stuff.

Oh, we should probably hold endorsements soon, for the election.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2011, 12:44:52 AM »

Indeed, important stuff is going on now. That the thread has not been bumped in a while is no ill comment on the activity of the Imperial Legislature. Tongue
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2011, 05:09:52 PM by Yelnoc »

Hmm...according to the By-Laws, we are supposed to hold a convention in the first week of every month.  Well, better late then never.  As the chairman of the first convention, I call this second one into order.  According to the By-Laws, we will vote for the convention chair first.  I would like to keep my chair for the moment, but if you oppose, feel free to state your candidacy.  

In the interim, if you have any amendments to offer to the by-laws, or anything else you would like to mention, feel free.  With the new caucus bill, we will hopefully have plenty to talk about.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »

I suppose it's time I participate since I may run for office in the IDS in the future.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2011, 05:17:52 PM »

Actually, that reminds me, I am supposed to hold question time now. Be right back....
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2011, 05:56:13 PM »

I'd gladly second Yelnoc's nomination, if only because I forget too often to get into the rink myself Tongue, you get off light this time!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »

Until the legality of the OAII is confirmed, and or the language of the Caucus Bill modified, I think it is reasonable for OAII members to be members of another caucus (though if you want participate in your home region, I advise you plan on sticking with us when the law is clarified).  In the meantime, however, that means Duke, Bacon King, and whoever else may have registered with a partisan caucus is still allowed to participate within OAII.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »

With one motion of support for my chair and no opposition, it's time to move on to more important matters.  We missed endorsements this cycle; I want to amend the by-laws to make this less likely to happen.  So I present the following.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2011, 02:59:37 PM »

I sort of worry that the OAII Convention would be drowned out by other election activity. How about we make it two weeks before or the beginning of the month, whichever is earlier?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »

The IDS Militia Structure Act has been passed, defining paygrades and pensions for the men & women that serve our region.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »

That sounds ok with me.  So this is the amendment.  Does anyone else have any feedback?

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2012, 04:00:10 AM »

The Legislature has passed the 2012 IDS Budget Act, creating the official regional budget for 2012.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2012, 08:57:21 PM »

That sounds ok with me.  So this is the amendment.  Does anyone else have any feedback?

lol

I guess if no one cares I can delete this thread.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2012, 09:44:30 PM »

Hey, I care. Tongue
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States