Tea Party Vs. Florida Manatees
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:45:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tea Party Vs. Florida Manatees
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tea Party Vs. Florida Manatees  (Read 2791 times)
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »

This is why I totally don't get these people. Instead of pointing out that tourism is critical to Florida jobs, and restricting boating is a drain on such tourism, or some other half-way thought through argument, they pull some Archie Bunker crap about the dinosaurs and the Bible. I so don't get rurals

Citrus County rural? It has a population of over 140k at the last Census.

But the Tea Party are opposed to God's creation, not a surprise. Just backs up my point about them being false Christians.

To be fair, I've never visited Citrus, but Southern exurban areas are more or less overgrown rural enclaves. It's the same mentality. Women wear too much makeup and dye their hair bright yellow. Men like deer hunting and drive big trucks that overcompensate for their insecurities. And everybody worships the Bible but doesn't have a clue what it says other than hating on abortions and gays.
I dont think its quite one of those places either, 31% of its population is over 65, so its more like a retirement home.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 08:18:25 AM »

The President will obviously be re-elected by successfully making the pressing issue of manatee protection a priority.

Also, D +435
Yes, keep ignoring the fanaticism and idiocy of many tea partiers. That's the way to victory.

Yes, "many" in your opinion. I must be ignoring the target that the Tea Party hordes put on manatees. It must be a pressing issue to the lunatics.

As for your take on a path to victory, it looks like someone slept through 2010 or maybe news just hasn't reached certain parts of the world...
At least among their leadership the amount of idiocy and hackishness seems to be rather widespread.
As for the 2010 elections, they were in opposition then. Now that they control the House, they can't exactly blame Obama for everything and get away with their own problems.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »

The President will obviously be re-elected by successfully making the pressing issue of manatee protection a priority.

Also, D +435
Yes, keep ignoring the fanaticism and idiocy of many tea partiers. That's the way to victory.

Yes, "many" in your opinion. I must be ignoring the target that the Tea Party hordes put on manatees. It must be a pressing issue to the lunatics.

As for your take on a path to victory, it looks like someone slept through 2010 or maybe news just hasn't reached certain parts of the world...
At least among their leadership the amount of idiocy and hackishness seems to be rather widespread.
As for the 2010 elections, they were in opposition then. Now that they control the House, they can't exactly blame Obama for everything and get away with their own problems.

Democrats controlled Congress beginning in 2007. They were still able to blame Bush for everything and expanded their control in 2008 so that theory doesn't really hold.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »

This is why I totally don't get these people. Instead of pointing out that tourism is critical to Florida jobs, and restricting boating is a drain on such tourism, or some other half-way thought through argument, they pull some Archie Bunker crap about the dinosaurs and the Bible. I so don't get rurals

Damn, I was gonna reply to this by mostly agreeing, then you killed the validity of your post by bashing rural people. Smiley

Rural Florida is a very different place than Northern Ontario ;-)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies