Forum Community Guidelines
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:40:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Forum Community Guidelines
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Forum Community Guidelines  (Read 162872 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »

Didn't someone have a sig with a photo of Nuremberg and the defendants labeled as mods? I thought that was pretty funny.

Classic!

I think it was Joe, IIRC
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »

Well, there was that one time that Sam Spade...oh, we're not supposed to talk about that.

Seriously, though, in what universe is comparing people to Nazis appropriate behavior?

In the universe where interrupting an intelligent discussion to let everyone know you are upset is covered under "free speech" and is a right that is more fundamental than life itself.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:52 PM »

I, for one, won't stand for these Gestapo tactics on the streets of the Atlas.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »

I didn't think Inks and DF Mikado were this soft
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »

If I say we need to do something Colonel von Stauffenberg tried to, would that be considered a death threat?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 02:49:24 PM »

I find restricting comparisons to Nazis more repugnant than the comparisons to Nazis themselves. But then again I love freedom and hate fascism, so maybe it's just me?

Eh...I would compare you to a ham-handed incompetent authoritarian that drove one of the best countries in Latin America into the ground, but you put him in your sig so you appear to be proud of that.

Look, all I want is Update! back, and I will gladly pull a Quisling and even stop bypassing the profanity filter.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 02:54:38 PM »

As long as I can say ''Your argument is nonsense. Now i'm going to go and felch a goat.", I'm happy.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 02:38:43 AM »

I find restricting comparisons to Nazis more repugnant than the comparisons to Nazis themselves. But then again I love freedom and hate fascism, so maybe it's just me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYM4MoU63A#t=1m49s
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 03:01:54 AM »

Well, there was that one time that Sam Spade...oh, we're not supposed to talk about that.

Seriously, though, in what universe is comparing people to Nazis appropriate behavior?

In the universe where interrupting an intelligent discussion to let everyone know you are upset is covered under "free speech" and is a right that is more fundamental than life itself.
But it's not a "right" you have here.  As has been said many many times before.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 03:08:34 AM »

But it's not a "right" you have here.  As has been said many many times before.

Wait...you mean I don't have the right to bear arms on the forum?  Or to have a trial by a jury of my peers?

Say it ain't so dead0.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 02:11:13 PM »

There are rules to free speech everywhere...even in the real world.  But there is no such thing as a right to free speech on this forum...it's Dave's forum and his rules, and we are charged with interpreting those rules.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »

If this is about Rochambeau, then please go ahead Smiley
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »

There are rules to free speech everywhere...even in the real world.  But there is no such thing as a right to free speech on this forum...it's Dave's forum and his rules, and we are charged with interpreting those rules.

Free Speech was brought in so that one could say "Sir, I disagree with your position and that of your government. I feel that our current government is harmful, and it's ideology is terrible. I wish to replace it, though democratic means, with a government that I feel is useful and whose policies I can support" not so that one could say "BLEEP you you BLEEPing BLEEPer. I want to (censored reference to doing unspeakable things to one's mother) you are one H-E-Doublehockeysticks of a (censored insult to intelligence). I can BLEEPing swear if I BLEEPing want to, it's in the (reference to performing sexual acts on the constitution... I think) and if (censored again) then you can (more censoring, jeeze this guy has a filthy mouth) and lastly, you can kiss my (rump)"
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2011, 02:22:06 PM »

However, we are not a government, and cannot cause crimes against humanity like a government can.  If we unjustly ban somebody, their life will still be ok.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 01:01:14 AM »

I long for the days of Alcon.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 01:08:04 AM »

Free Speech was brought in so that one could say "Sir, I disagree with your position and......
...and no one here is taking that away from you.  You can still say that.  But you can't say it in my front yard, Dave Leip's front yard or his message board if we don't want you to.  You have no inherent right to free speech on the internet except on your own web page (and even then, your ISP can shut you down if they want to I'd imagine).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 09:30:31 AM »

I hate that prick for having a life, HATE HIM I SAY!!!!!!!!   Cry
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 12:18:49 AM »

I've added this to the original post:

Fourth - Sexually Oriented Content.  We're not going to delete every post with the word "penis" in it.  But if you cross the line of common sense, of what's acceptable and what isn't, then it's going to get deleted.  Ultimately, this is the most subjective rule (the alternative is to ban all sexually oriented topics, which I'm sure isn't the wish of everybody as a whole), so if you have doubts, don't post it, or PM me first.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 09:25:24 AM »

Can all the "letter" threads be culled?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »

I'm opposed to that.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2011, 08:51:21 PM »

It's tempting, believe me.

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but apparently since I'm a 'troll' it shouldn't be a surprise.

My HIV/AIDS thread in political debate was 'locked for trolling', and I was given 3 infraction points. Now, I don't really care that much, the thread had run it's course, but in the multiple replies to it not one person had referred to it as trolling. It seemed like a legitimate topic based on others in the section, and I certainly don't start that many threads, AT ALL. Now, a few questions arise from this:

1.If the thread was considered a troll thread or whatever, why was it not locked immediately? Moderator on vacation?

2.Why was it considered trolling in the first place?

3.How could it possibly be worth 3 infraction points of 10?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 03:23:29 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2012, 03:09:50 AM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

For those of you who weren't aware, jmfcst left and changed his password to random numbers and entered a fake e-mail address so he couldn't come back.  Recently, he came back under a new account.

On the Forum Community and Off Topic boards, such things will no longer be tolerated.  I warned of stuff like this when we allowed Mint to make a new account when he changed his political positions.

So here is a new rule that will apply to everyone from this point forward: If you start a new account for any reason other than you got accidentally locked out of your regular account (such as the e-mail address you use to reset your password is no longer valid), you will not be allowed to post on the Off Topic and Forum Community boards.

If you decide to quit the forum and come back, you must talk to Dave to get your old account restored before posting on these boards.  Failure to abide by this rule will result in 10 point infractions for each post you post on these boards (I removed all of jmfcst's posts without infraction since this rule is new).

I'm sorry, but it's a bad precedent for us to start allowing multiple accounts based on bi-polar attitudes of hate and addiction to this forum, and we are going to nip this in the bud now.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 03:26:09 AM »

The one exception to this rule is for jmfcst: if you have any questions, please state them in this thread.  After any questions you have on the policy are answered, this takes full effect.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 07:51:47 AM »

the official jmfcst song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7J_IWUhls
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length