Forum Community Guidelines
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:02:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Forum Community Guidelines
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Forum Community Guidelines  (Read 162853 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2012, 12:00:37 PM »

Time for a Downfall parody on jmfcst's return and Field Marshall Inks' response.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »

Brilliant.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »

Inks have standards as a moderator, no matter how unpopular this decision may be.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2012, 02:11:39 PM »

Only jmfcst gets this exception?  Sh**t.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2012, 02:47:05 PM by Team Rick »

Didn't jmf also make never used account after he left with nickname "let me RIP" or it was just coincidence?

Regardless, I think there shouldn't be a problem for making another account, when one just lost an access to old one (well, not deliberately) and couldn't reactivate it.

Allowing us to delete our old accounts, when we want to have a fresh start (like Mint did) and making new ones would be good too. I never understood Dave's policy that we can't delete accounts or ask the admin to do it.

As of Jmf, he should ask Dave to merge his new account with an old one.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2012, 05:07:37 PM »

Can we restore his password and email? I want him back. The jmfcsts in NH are coming around.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2012, 05:39:05 PM »

Can we restore his password and email? I want him back. The jmfcsts in NH are coming around.

The moral is: don't enter fake email if you know you'll be back.

Good night, kids Smiley
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »

So what about Dale Cooper? Not that I'm calling for him to be banned or anything.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »

So what about Dale Cooper? Not that I'm calling for him to be banned or anything.

I am.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2012, 06:46:36 PM »

That was an agreement between you and Nym on him banning and unbanning your account.  You didn't go that route, and this is not a forum-wide policy.  Had you have gone that route, while I would've objected to the precedent that it would set, the headache there would be solely to Nym.

Under the way you're doing it now, the headache is to all mods, and sets an even worse precedent if we allow it.  Nothing that Nym said he'd do for you is being broken, since you didn't take him up on that offer.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:49 PM »

Only jmfcst gets this exception?  Sh**t.

OK, I guess to be fair, any future members would get the same exception, if they wish to ask questions.  But that would, again, be only applicable to this thread.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »

I don't remember the circumstances behind why he had a second account, but anybody before jmfcst's reincarnation is grandfathered in.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2012, 07:07:26 PM »

That was an agreement between you and Nym on him banning and unbanning your account.  You didn't go that route, and this is not a forum-wide policy.  Had you have gone that route, while I would've objected to the precedent that it would set, the headache there would be solely to Nym.

Under the way you're doing it now, the headache is to all mods, and sets an even worse precedent if we allow it.  Nothing that Nym said he'd do for you is being broken, since you didn't take him up on that offer.

what exactly is the headache I am causing you by creating a replacement account...did it cause you a couple hours of paperwork or something??!! also, I have sent a request to Dave to reset my email address on my old account

It opens itself up for abuse.  What if you do this every time you want to leave?  It clogs up server space to store info for dozens of accounts if you do that.  Even worse, it opens us up for spam attacks if we just take people on their word that they entered a "fake" password and let them leave and create new accounts.  Someone could have dozens of accounts and use that as a method of a spam attack, which would be a huge headache for us to clean up.  You are one person.  As a single person, there's no good reason you should have more than one account unless something accidental happens and you can't access your account by no fault of your own.

If Dave resets your old account, then you're welcome to post on the FC/OT forums from there, but I'm not going to tolerate duplicate accounts on the boards I moderate any more.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2012, 08:51:28 PM »

I don't have access to my previous account.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2012, 08:11:04 AM »

Inks, if Dave says that he prefers that he use the new account so long as he lets everyone knows and gives this his blessing, are you going to overturn this decision of yours?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2012, 08:53:27 AM »

This is jmfcst's second duplicate account. Dave's policy was always to ban posters on the basis of having a duplicate account. I do not understand Inks/Nym's reasoning here of implimenting this now (and therefore allowing an exception to me made) when in fact it has always been the policy of the Forum.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2012, 01:18:37 PM »

This is jmfcst's second duplicate account. Dave's policy was always to ban posters on the basis of having a duplicate account. I do not understand Inks/Nym's reasoning here of implimenting this now (and therefore allowing an exception to me made) when in fact it has always been the policy of the Forum.

As we've been over this has always been for people circumventing bans or running duplicate accounts simultaneously.

I can't think of a precedent where people have left voluntarily and then been banned on returning with a new account.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »

As we've been over this has always been for people circumventing bans or running duplicate accounts simultaneously.

I can't think of a precedent where people have left voluntarily and then been banned on returning with a new account.

But does he not now have two new accounts?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2012, 04:26:07 PM »

Inks, if Dave says that he prefers that he use the new account so long as he lets everyone knows and gives this his blessing, are you going to overturn this decision of yours?

Dave's rules trump all.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »

To my knowledge, we've never enforced this upon people who only use one of their accounts and get rid of the other (like Mint).  If we ban jmfcst for this, we have to ban Mint as well.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »

If this is going to be stickied, can we unsticky some threads?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »

Baseball has been removed now.  And when all the hubbub from this dies down, this thread will be merged with the general guidelines thread.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »

To my knowledge, we've never enforced this upon people who only use one of their accounts and get rid of the other (like Mint).  If we ban jmfcst for this, we have to ban Mint as well.

This is close enough to the answer I was looking for.

Remember that I am a person who has had two accounts
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1518
Not only that, but my first account I was clearly a troll.

I've since grown up, or rather, am still growing. I uurge people to compare the first 10 pages of posts I've made on the atlas under this account to the most recent 10 to see the change over time.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2012, 12:16:43 AM »

This is close enough to the answer I was looking for.

Remember that I am a person who has had two accounts
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1518
Not only that, but my first account I was clearly a troll.

I've since grown up, or rather, am still growing. I uurge people to compare the first 10 pages of posts I've made on the atlas under this account to the most recent 10 to see the change over time.

I didn't realize you had two accounts before...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies