Voting Requirements Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:11:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Voting Requirements Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voting Requirements Amendment  (Read 7523 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« on: December 12, 2004, 05:05:20 PM »
« edited: December 12, 2004, 05:13:16 PM by Senator StevenNick »

Voting Requirements Amendment

Section One
A member of the Atlas Forum must obtain 100 posts before becoming eligible to vote in the Atlas Fantasy Elections.  A Forum Member must obtain 250 posts before becoming eligible to run for senate and 500 posts before becoming eligible to run for President.

Section Two
In order to vote in the Fantasy Elections, a registered voter must have posted at least 25 times in the Fantasy Elections board between elections.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 05:15:05 PM »

I PM'd States about something similar to this. Maybe you should include something about a minimum number of posts between elections to be eligible to vote. 25 might work.

Good idea.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 05:49:27 PM »

Section Two
In order to vote in the Fantasy Elections, a registered voter must have posted at least 25 times in the Fantasy Elections board between elections.[/i]

Is that 25 posts restricted to just the fantasy elections board, or the whole board in general?

Under my proposed amendment it would be restricted to the fantasy boards, but that's certainly negotiable.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 06:25:02 PM »

Hmmm, I might support a move up to 50, but 100...?

Also, does this effect people already registered?

Would Senator Stevennick please answer Harry's concerns, I have the same.
I don't see why it shouldn't be applied to those already registered. it's not like it is difficult to get 82 or less more posts.

Also, any senators without 250 posts, would they get kicked out?

Well, the language of the amendment says that a member of the forum needs 250 posts to be eligible to run for senate.  Should any senators be elected in these elections who do not have 250 posts would need to obtain 250 posts before he or she could be eligible to run for reelection.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 07:25:15 PM »

How about this:

Section One
A member of the Atlas Forum must obtain 100 posts before becoming eligible to vote in the Atlas Fantasy Elections.  A Forum Member must obtain 250 posts before becoming eligible to run for senate and 500 posts before becoming eligible to run for President.

Section Two
In order to vote in the Fantasy Elections, a registered voter must have posted at least 25 times on the U.S. Election Atlas Forum between elections.

StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 07:40:55 PM »

Obviously this is the version that is most likely to pass so here it is.  This is the version of the amendment that I hereby officially introduce to the senate:

If JFK could please open debate on this I would be much obliged.

StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 07:39:22 PM »

Yea, not that it makes any difference.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 09:32:30 PM »

Defarge, this is the final version of the amendment that's being voted on.  This version addresses StatesRight's concerns by eliminating Section Two.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies