MA: Establishment of the Mideast Index of Multiple Deprivation (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:02:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Establishment of the Mideast Index of Multiple Deprivation (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Establishment of the Mideast Index of Multiple Deprivation (Statute)  (Read 971 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2011, 04:15:41 AM »
« edited: August 12, 2011, 04:45:29 PM by The Pauper of the Surf and the Jester of Tortuga »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sponsor: Afleitch
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »

Afleitch, since this Index is based on a Scottish model, do you know how useful this tool actually is? I wonder whether it really helps to tackle poverty issues or whether it merely causes more bureaucracy. The idea to create such an Index sounds positive at first glance, but it would be helpful to get your insights. Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:49:51 PM »

Who would be in charge of this?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 10:49:05 AM »

Afleitch, since this Index is based on a Scottish model, do you know how useful this tool actually is? I wonder whether it really helps to tackle poverty issues or whether it merely causes more bureaucracy. The idea to create such an Index sounds positive at first glance, but it would be helpful to get your insights. Smiley

I can confirm that it is a really useful tool and is collated every three years. The data is collected at, what in America/Atlasia would be called precinct level. It measures poverty by looking not only at income but also access to education, crime etc. It allows all areas of government from a national to local level to identify where the most improverished areas are and over a number of years helps monitor any improvements. The police can use it to help assist with crime prevention (as crime can be linked to poverty) The system also helps de-politicise action related to poverty; it is based on an independent sociological model. So if Party X says 'this area is poor and needs money' because the area is politically important to them, the Index can confirm or refute this this. It allows funding to be more accurately targeted towards poverty as opposed to being used politically.

A fair point. I would consider it to be something that is ran by the Regional Government with the data collection sponsored by colleges/universities.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:59:44 AM »

I can confirm that it is a really useful tool and is collated every three years. The data is collected at, what in America/Atlasia would be called precinct level. It measures poverty by looking not only at income but also access to education, crime etc. It allows all areas of government from a national to local level to identify where the most improverished areas are and over a number of years helps monitor any improvements. The police can use it to help assist with crime prevention (as crime can be linked to poverty) The system also helps de-politicise action related to poverty; it is based on an independent sociological model. So if Party X says 'this area is poor and needs money' because the area is politically important to them, the Index can confirm or refute this this. It allows funding to be more accurately targeted towards poverty as opposed to being used politically.

A fair point. I would consider it to be something that is ran by the Regional Government with the data collection sponsored by colleges/universities.

Thanks for clarifying. Indeed, now that I can imagine a bit better what this Index is all about I actually think it's a useful tool. It's good that you pointed out that the system the Index is based on is an independent sociological model. Thus, the Index cannot become an asset of certain political groups which misuse the data to reach particular goals. I support the bill.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 01:16:13 PM »

I like this model a lot.

Would someone have to be in charge of getting these numbers at all in RL though, or would we just "know" that the numbers are being found by our colleges and middle management at departments Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »

Afleitch, do you have a response to that?  If not by tomorrow night, it'll be taken to vote.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 08:55:51 AM »

Afleitch, do you have a response to that?  If not by tomorrow night, it'll be taken to vote.

Sorry. Been on Android all weekend (WHICH DIDN'T SUBMIT MY F--KING VOTE!) Essentially it would be non 'playable'; it just simply gets done Cheesy
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »

Debate having ended for 48 hours, this bill is now at a final vote.  Members will vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN.  This will be a 24 hour vote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 03:37:02 AM »

Aye
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 12:14:59 PM »

Aye
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 04:02:33 PM »

Aye, I guess.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 08:57:47 AM »

Aye
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 06:51:02 PM »

AYE
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 06:51:41 PM »

Voting is now closed.  The AYEs are 5, and the NAYs are 0.  The AYEs have it and the bill is passed.  The bill is now passed onto the Governor for his signature or veto.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies