MA: An Amendment to reduce the size of the Mideast Assembly (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:10:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: An Amendment to reduce the size of the Mideast Assembly (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: An Amendment to reduce the size of the Mideast Assembly (Tabled)  (Read 2335 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 15, 2011, 01:49:25 PM »

I am for this bill
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 03:21:33 PM »

If after this bill becomes an amendment we have a trend of competitive and crowded elections, then I will support 5 seats again. When I was a newbie running we had on average of 7 active candidates running from across the board. Once that happens again, I will absolutely support adding seats to add debate, and activity to the Assembly.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:09:21 PM »

Hmmmm.... There appear to be four active and enthusiastic members of the assembly, so in having three seats, we'd be forced to sacrifice one of them. Still, given the current state of things, I'd be willing to support this.

EDIT: Is afleitch not running for re-election? If that is true, then we'd have the right number of active and enthusiastic members.

Remind me the last time you introduced a bill Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »

I say we pass it, it won't effect this race at all. If the next Assembly proves extremely active and we have more than 6 candidates next election we can do a quickie repeal near the end of the session
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 04:09:33 PM »

We could always base the Assembly off of the number of declared candidates.  If the number of declared candidates is X or lower, it's 3.  If it's greater than X, it's 5.  Any thoughts on that?

That may be an essay way to allow for flowing seats without needing a vote on a regional amendment.

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »

I vote 6, including write-ins, that makes a competitive election.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 04:48:43 PM »

Alright, I concede the write-ins
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies