New Constitutional Convention Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:58:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Constitutional Convention Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New Constitutional Convention Discussion  (Read 2887 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2004, 03:04:02 PM »
« edited: December 16, 2004, 03:08:02 PM by Skagit »

ˇViva un nuevo Convencion de Constitucion!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2004, 03:59:38 PM »

I am strongly opposed to this.  Some parts of the Constitution should be ammended, yes, but 90% of it works just fine.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2004, 04:06:34 PM »

I am strongly opposed to this. Some parts of the Constitution should be ammended, yes, but 90% of it works just fine.

I'd say more like 48%
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2004, 04:45:58 PM »

We've had a lot of problems arise, we should start with a new Constitution determined by a few top legal minds like Peter Bell, Ernest, KEmperor, JFK, and DemRepDan.  Have them duke it out, re-write the parts of the current document they feel need rewriting, and then present the new version for national referendum.  All we'll do is change around the unworkable sections of the current constitution so there aren't ten amendments saying "Clause six of section 34A is now amended to remove the words 'if and but', replacing them with the words 'Horatio Hornblower', to take effect at 6:36 pm Greenwich Mean Time on Jan. 1 2005."
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2004, 04:48:36 PM »

We've had a lot of problems arise, we should start with a new Constitution determined by a few top legal minds like Peter Bell, Ernest, KEmperor, JFK, and DemRepDan.  Have them duke it out, re-write the parts of the current document they feel need rewriting, and then present the new version for national referendum.  All we'll do is change around the unworkable sections of the current constitution so there aren't ten amendments saying "Clause six of section 34A is now amended to remove the words 'if and but', replacing them with the words 'Horatio Hornblower', to take effect at 6:36 pm Greenwich Mean Time on Jan. 1 2005."

I agree with this, but I think we need more people then just these. There needs to be 3 delegates sent by each Governor for there respective region.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2004, 05:02:25 PM »

You are assuming that I would have the enthusiasm to deal with fixing the various minor faults of the Atlasian Constitution.  At this point in time, until a problem with that document moves past the potential stage to become real, I have enough to involve me, just worrying about the Southeastern Government, with occassional minor forays into the national sphere when there is a Southeastern concern that can't be handled at the Regional level, such as with the waterways.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies