New Constitutional Convention Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:57:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Constitutional Convention Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Constitutional Convention Discussion  (Read 2791 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 12, 2004, 07:53:49 PM »

I will suppport this. I will send delegates to the convention from the Northeast if this happens.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 09:34:25 PM »

We need to hold a more formal Constitutional Convention, my idea:

There shall be 3 delegates from each region that are either appointed by the Governor or elected by the region's legislative / electoral body. The delegates will write a constitutional draft, 10 of the 15 delegates must sign for it to become the official draft. Then the draft will be sent to the regions for a vote, 3 of the 5 regions must vote to approve the new constitution for it to become the official Atlasia Constitution.

I like this idea, the delegates should be appointed by the Governor, we dont need anymore elections then we already have. I think that the constitution should be passed by 4 out 5 regions also. Besides these I agree.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 04:48:36 PM »

We've had a lot of problems arise, we should start with a new Constitution determined by a few top legal minds like Peter Bell, Ernest, KEmperor, JFK, and DemRepDan.  Have them duke it out, re-write the parts of the current document they feel need rewriting, and then present the new version for national referendum.  All we'll do is change around the unworkable sections of the current constitution so there aren't ten amendments saying "Clause six of section 34A is now amended to remove the words 'if and but', replacing them with the words 'Horatio Hornblower', to take effect at 6:36 pm Greenwich Mean Time on Jan. 1 2005."

I agree with this, but I think we need more people then just these. There needs to be 3 delegates sent by each Governor for there respective region.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies