New Constitutional Convention Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:06:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Constitutional Convention Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Constitutional Convention Discussion  (Read 2802 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 12, 2004, 06:40:33 PM »

And any new constitution would effectively render every bill, resolution, and amendment passed by this body null and void.  We would have to spend some time revoting on past bills that we wish to keep.

Not necessarily , altho we probably would need to include something like Article XVII Section 11 of the SC Constitution of 1895 which explicitly kept all laws that had been passed under the previous 1868 Constitution in force unless they had been made explicitly unconstitutional under the new Constitution.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 05:02:25 PM »

You are assuming that I would have the enthusiasm to deal with fixing the various minor faults of the Atlasian Constitution.  At this point in time, until a problem with that document moves past the potential stage to become real, I have enough to involve me, just worrying about the Southeastern Government, with occassional minor forays into the national sphere when there is a Southeastern concern that can't be handled at the Regional level, such as with the waterways.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies