Big majority of Palestinians wants jobs, dead Jews
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:55:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Big majority of Palestinians wants jobs, dead Jews
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Big majority of Palestinians wants jobs, dead Jews  (Read 3223 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »

Oh, it's rather that you seem to think that the masses must be wiped into a hate-filled frenzy in order to reach desirable policy aims. That seems to reflect a rather medieval mindset. We did not for example slaughter all Germans after WWII and the world has been a lot better off for it - Germany has contributed a lot both economically and culturally to Europe and the world during the last 60 years.

Meh, some things better, some things worse.
Foucaulf
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »

Moving back to the actual article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is a killer statistic for me. It makes sense for the Palestinians; who cares about a two-state solution if the economy is still dominated by Jewish consumption and foreign aid? The choice between living in a pariah state and being free to participate in a joint state obviously favours the latter. A shame the one-state solution was thrown out as utopian, and Israeli Jews suffer equally from the islamophobia growing across the West.

And here's a translation of the hadith in question:

Quote from: Restricted
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 06:03:35 PM »

I suppose this is encouraging for those who dislike both Muslims and Jews.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 07:59:22 PM »

Well, in Gustaf's defense it really is the Jews who would have more to lose in this situation. It appears that they found a place where they can live knowing they won't be killed by the indiginous population. The Palestinians have a couple of million square miles of people who are very similiar to them in culture, ethnicity and common experiences. If Palm Beach, Broward and the non-Cuban parts of Dade county were an independent country, I would be more sympathetic to those who wish to curb the continuity of the state of Israel.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 08:24:25 PM »

Well, in Gustaf's defense it really is the Jews who would have more to lose in this situation. It appears that they found a place where they can live knowing they won't be killed by the indigenous population. The Palestinians have a couple of million square miles of people who are very similar to them in culture, ethnicity and common experiences. If Palm Beach, Broward and the non-Cuban parts of Dade county were an independent country, I would be more sympathetic to those who wish to curb the continuity of the state of Israel.

I would dispute both the idea that Jews have found in the State of Israel"a place where they can live knowing they won't be killed by the indigenous population" and the idea that Israel would be just fine if the Palestinians became part of a pan-Arabic consciousness instead of trying for a state of their own.  If the Arab countries ever unite, which they never have during the existence of the State of Israel, the days of the existence of said State will be numbered.  The State of Israel has survived this long only because of the divisions between the Arabs and the unity of the Jews.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 03:12:46 AM »

Moving back to the actual article:

This is a killer statistic for me. It makes sense for the Palestinians; who cares about a two-state solution if the economy is still dominated by Jewish consumption and foreign aid? The choice between living in a pariah state and being free to participate in a joint state obviously favours the latter. A shame the one-state solution was thrown out as utopian, and Israeli Jews suffer equally from the islamophobia growing across the West.

And here's a translation of the hadith in question:

Yeah...there won't be a one-state solution, because such a state would have an Arab majority. If there was peace there would be no problem with the two-state solution though. It's not as if the geographic position is inherently problematic.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »

Yeah...there won't be a one-state solution, because such a state would have an Arab majority. If there was peace there would be no problem with the two-state solution though. It's not as if the geographic position is inherently problematic.

Yes it is, tho the problem is focused on one small area: the Temple Mount.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 09:26:16 AM »

That's pretty much the crux of the controversy. Otherwise, a two state solution would have been done decades ago.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »

...This is absolutely adorable.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 01:13:06 PM »

For the record, this has reminded me of how amusing I find it when Republicans who are relatively sane and not evangelical but with similar sympathies complain about how most American Jews reject evangelicals and all Republicans despite that group being the group "most supportive of Israel" (I remember Phil for example complaining about this once.) Anyone should read jmfcst's posts about the Temple Mount, or just about anything John Hagee has written, and then it shouldn't be too surprising why most Jews or people in Israel don't exactly find their vision for Israel something to relish.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »

I don't think that's inherently problematic though if people would calm down. I mean, I realize it's a big deal right now but I don't buy that it's fundamentally a problem.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 08:28:17 PM »

I don't think that's inherently problematic though if people would calm down. I mean, I realize it's a big deal right now but I don't buy that it's fundamentally a problem.

Actually as Israel has been getting less and less secular since it was established, it is even more of a problem now than it was then.  Keep in mind that the original 1921 two-state solution for Palestine was Cisjordan for the Jews and Transjordan for the Arabs.  If I were a Palestinian, why should I believe that the Jews would stay satisfied with a modest modification of the 1949-67 border if they insist on keeping the Temple Mount?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 10:48:46 PM »

Has Gustaf realized the hypocrisy of speaking out against the demonization of a group of people  when promoting that is exactly what he's doing with this thread? "Hey check this out, the Palestinians are all blood-thirsty maniacs who want to slaughter Jews!"
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 04:13:21 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2011, 05:56:57 AM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

Has Gustaf realized the hypocrisy of speaking out against the demonization of a group of people  when promoting that is exactly what he's doing with this thread? "Hey check this out, the Palestinians are all blood-thirsty maniacs who want to slaughter Jews!"

And where does Gustaf promote the demonization of a group of people (=the Palestinians)? He made a thread about a poll which showed really disturbing results about how many Palestinians view Jews. I'm aware of the fact this is not what Israel-bashers want to read since it doesn't fit their one-sided mindset but it is something which must be kept in mind when the Middle East conflict is discussed.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 06:27:26 AM »

Has Gustaf realized the hypocrisy of speaking out against the demonization of a group of people  when promoting that is exactly what he's doing with this thread? "Hey check this out, the Palestinians are all blood-thirsty maniacs who want to slaughter Jews!"

If I had actually said that, you would have had a point. Since I did not say that I don't really see how you do.

I certainly haven't advocated killing all the Palestinians. Nor have I even said something along the lines of "In light of this poll result I think we must understand that Israel would want to kill all the Palestinians. If I were Israeli, I certainly would want to see the corpses of their children thrown down in mass-graves"

If I said something like that I agree it would be hypocritical for me to consider Lief and his views utterly disgusting. Unfortunately fo ryour attempt to play gotcha, I don't support mass-genocide even of people belonging to a group aligned with a political movement with which I disagree. I realize that for someone like you this may seem like an alien concept, so I'm willing to explain the notition of individual human rights to you if you want me to.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »

Israelis don't deserve to be killed, but frankly, they're doing a lot to deserve the hatred.

It'll be interesting when the UN resolution fails but countries start recognizing the PA as a sovereign state anyway.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 12:40:51 PM »

...This is absolutely adorable.

Yes, the idea of anthropomorphic rocks and bushes calling out 'kill this mo-fo' in cute little cartoon voices is adorable.. and I did several google searches for something like that but really came up dry.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »

Title changed to reflect the other side of the coin.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 04:03:25 PM »

Title changed to reflect the other side of the coin.

You might want to have a source for that though. Or start your own flame-war thread. Wink

(although I'll admit that I expected the responses to this one to be more along the lines of "they don't really want to kill all the Jews" as opposed to "Of course, who doesn't want to kill all the Jews". I guess the forum left can still surprise me)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 04:57:21 PM »

I'm trying to figure out where the jobs come in.

I was going suggest there could be one solution to both problems; they all become morticians.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 05:36:13 AM »

The 30% who are pro-killing-innocent-people should be deported, and the remaining 70% given a '67 based state.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »

Anyone should read jmfcst's posts about the Temple Mount, or just about anything John Hagee has written, and then it shouldn't be too surprising why most Jews or people in Israel don't exactly find their vision for Israel something to relish.

actually, my views are much closer to Justin Martyr than a pretribist like Hagee...you should learn the difference between the two before making any posts like this
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies