Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:05:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 55792 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2012, 04:09:46 PM »

Shouldn't one be elected to a higher office before seeking the Presidency?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »

Shouldn't one be elected to a higher office before seeking the Presidency?

If I have the honor to be able to run, I will let the Atlasian people answer this question. Indeed, it is probably an advantage to have been elected to a higher office before seeking the Presidency, but it is not the most important criterion. Clearly, I understand that there may be concerns regarding my experience, but if I run for President I will be eager to demonstrate that I am qualified to do the job despite never having been Senator or Governor.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2012, 05:13:13 PM »

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »

YAAAY. Endorsed
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2012, 05:31:53 PM »

Oh, cool, it's like when all those Congressmen run for President. Maybe you can actually, win, though. Grin
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »

Do you plan on running as the candidate of the RPP, of which you are a member, or will you be taking a more independent stand?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »

Interesting.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »

Though you haven't made it higher than the Assembly, I think the work you've done there is commendable, and I know you'd certainly be an active President.

This makes my vote all the more harder.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »

Do you plan on running as the candidate of the RPP, of which you are a member, or will you be taking a more independent stand?

Since I am a member of the RPP, I intend to run on the core principles of my party. That is, I support the strenghtening of regional rights and believe we should try to create better conditions for our economy. Furthermore, it is no secret that I also stand for conservative values in general, a mindset that other people in the RPP probably don't have to the same extent.
Thus, I am an RPP candidate on the one hand, but due to the fact that some of my views differ from the mainstream in the party I also consider myself to be somewhat independent. 
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2012, 07:49:36 AM »

Many thanks to those who reacted positively to my announcement! I will do my best to fulfill your expectations.

Oh, cool, it's like when all those Congressmen run for President. Maybe you can actually, win, though. Grin

It's going to be an uphill climb to win, to say the least. And despite being a mere Assemblyman, I am not planning to be a Michele Bachmann type of candidate! Wink This shall become a constructive campaign which emphasizes a message of optimism.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2012, 06:04:37 AM »

On the "Efficient Automobile Rebate System Act"

The Atlasian Senate has recently debated the "Efficient Automobile Rebate System Act" and is on its way to reject the bill. First off, I would like to express my general approval of the idea that is put forward in this bill. I applaud the efforts of Senator Duke and Senator Marokai. However, I find myself in agreement with Senator MOPolitico, who has raised a specific concern regarding Section 2 of the bill, which says the following:

Section 2: Eligibility

1. To qualify for the rebate outlined in Section 1, Clause 1, the consumer must have a car that is a model manufactured at least ten years ago, and has been estimated by the EPA to travel 21 miles to the gallon.

2. To qualify for the rebate outlined in Section 1, Clause 2, the consumer must have a Sport Utility Vehicle or truck that is a model manufactured at least ten years ago, and has been estimated by the EPA to travel 18 miles to the gallon.

As Senator MOPolitico stated, a car owner must own a car which travels precisely 21 miles to the gallon or a sport utility vehicle that travles 18 miles to the gallon, respectively, in order to qualify for the rebate. Indeed, it appears that cars that travel even fewer miles to the gallon are not included in this very section of the bill. Thus, I echo MOPolitico's question what the intention behind this wording is and support Senator Nathan's statement that this piece of legislation should be redrafted regarding the section I mentioned.

Undoubtedly, the bill is a step in the right direction. It is illusionary to assume that Atlasia is going to become a public transport nation over night. Atlasia still is a car nation. Therefore, the best way to reduce car emissions is to encourage Atlasians to buy cars that are more eco-friendly. I believe that the establishment of a car rebate system would be helpful in that respect.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2012, 08:16:35 AM »

Thanks for the positive commentary, Zuwo. Tongue I look forward to seeing your "exploratory committee" develop.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 05:54:58 AM »

On the Health Spending Adjustment Act

It appears odd that the Senate and the President did not take into account GM shua's remarks about the "Health Spending Adjustment Act" that has been passed by the Senate and signed into law by the President. While the bill indeed reduces the federal government's obligation for a small number of health services by 5%, it is unclear who is going to account for these 5%. The bill in its current form does not actually save any penny but in my understanding it merely represents a shift of costs from the federal government to the regions, doctors or patients or any other source. Therefore, I echo shua's sentiments and contend that the bill should have been clarified in that respect. Furthermore, I am looking forward to the bill that Senator Napoleon and Senator MOPolitico are drafting that was said to reduce healthcare costs in a "painless" manner.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »

Have your say and contribute to my platform!

Citizens of Atlasia,

it is of great importance to me that this campaign has a clear focus on you and your opinion about Atlasia. I am interested to hear about your plans and prospects for our nation. What are the most pressing issues to you? What would you like to see changed in Atlasia? How can Atlasia become more perfect?

Do not hesitate to voice your concerns and ideas by posting in this thread or by contacting me by PM. I will try to incorporate as many of your proposals in some way or another in my platform in order to make sure that this campaign focuses on issues that are of real importance to you. Even though this obviously does not mean that I am going to adopt your stance on every issue, I want to assure you that the issues you raise will be dealt with in my platform.

I want to set up a campaign that connects with as many Atlasians as possible. While I intend to take clear stances on the issues, a critical debate with your points of view are crucial to me.

Your opinions matter!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 04:55:16 PM »

Can you give a general sense of what your foreign policy would be like?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 06:52:57 PM »

Endorsed.

For now at least.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »

Huh
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »

Didn't you say you weren't running?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »

Yes but I feel like you and the President have much more in common politically than you and ZuWo do.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2012, 04:15:41 AM »

This may be the case when it comes to social issues, but as I am going to outline in the next days and weeks, my economic platform is more appealing to libertarians than the ideas offered by the President. Thus, it all comes down to your personal priorities. If you're a libertarian and believe that social issues are the most important to you, you might have a hard time voting for me. However, if you think that the economy is what matters most and you want to support a candidate who wants less business regulation and lower taxes, I'm the guy you should vote for. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2012, 04:54:53 AM »

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2012, 05:04:03 AM »

Can you give a general sense of what your foreign policy would be like?

Atlasia is a powerful nation, which is both a responsibility and a huge chance. I believe that our foreign policy should concentrate on two main aspects. Firstly, we should attempt to spread and propagate democratic ideals and human rights in a peaceful way and contribute to increase prosperity all over the world. Secondly, our foreign policy should also be guided by the economic interests of Atlasia.

As President, I will refrain from using military force and leading wars on foreign territory. Our recent experiences with wars on foreign soil have been costly and extremely painful for the entire country. While I do not want to condemn those past leaders of our country who had to make the decision to go into war because there were good reasons for their decision, I personally believe our main instruments of foreign policy shall be a strong diplomacy and, where it is necessary and useful, economic and military restriction. Yet, in the case of powerful nations like Russia and China, where the democratic and human rights situation is far from perfect, I do not think that we can improve a lot with economic restriction. On the contrary, I am of the opinion that we are compelled to establish and maintain a solid relationship with these two world powers.

Furthermore, I am supportive of the idea to designate our closest allies with a “most priority” status as outlined in the “September 2011 Foreign Policy Review”. However, I would go further and include Israel in the list of the nations that have “most priority”. Indeed, Israel, alongside most European nations and Canada, should be considered our ally and deserves favorable treatment.

Finally, a ZuWo administration would attempt to stop Iran’s nuclear program – I am tempted to say “at all costs”. Iran’s regime is a proven threat to Israel and their possession of nuclear weapons a frightening prospect. While I rule out any direct military involvement in the Middle East, I explicitly state that it is a viable option to grant Israel the support to destroy Iran’s nuclear facilities if all else (diplomacy and full restrictions) fails.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2012, 05:18:46 AM »

And I thank Mechaman, 20RP12 and PiT for their endorsements "on probation". I hope I am not going to say too many stupid things to lose your support! Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies