Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:20:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 55795 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2012, 07:57:28 PM »

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »

TPTTAA - are you saying you oppose the US Republican Party?

It's astonishing that an ordinary Assemblyman gets the opportunity to answer so many questions that greatly vary in their content by very different media outlets, but I'm glad to do that. Wink

Well, due to my conservative stances on the issues I have closer ideological ties to the Republicans than to the Democrats, so I don't oppose the US Republican Party or whatsoever. However, my point is that since I'm not American I cannot completely identify with any US party because many of the issues a US party (or any non-Swiss party, for that matter) deals with are very different from the issues that are relevant to my home country.

(Sorry for not being able to provide a more entertaining answer. Wink)

1. So which Swiss party are you?
2. The ZuWo party?  We meet on Wednesdays under the bridge...At that place....
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2012, 08:49:12 AM »

Thank you! If only there were a Secretary of Defense cabinet post in Atlasia, you would get it. Wink (And since I can't ruin my hypothetical chances for SoFE Ben's vote, I can't appoint you for that job, either Tongue)

Feel free to make him Secretary of Federal Elections - I'm the SoEA Wink

Oh, that's almost a Perry-esque blunder! When I wrote SoFE, I was thinking about "Foreign Affairs" ... but that still doesn't explain everything. Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2012, 08:50:46 AM »

Thank you Senator MOPolitico and JerseyRules for your support! Smiley

Regarding your question, JerseyRule: I'm not a member of any party in Switzerland, but I usually vote for parties and candidates on the right.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »

ZuWo/Jbrase: Leadership, Reform, Results

Dear Atlasian citizens,

I am absolutely thrilled to announce former Senator Jbrase from Texas as my running mate. Jbrase has been an independent voice in the Senate, a strong defender of regional rights and supporter of business-friendly policies. I am looking forward to campaigning with him!
Later today, Jbrase is going to give a short speech.

ZuWo/Jbrase - that's leadership, reform and results. We will fight tirelessly for a reform of our current tax system in order to make Atlasia more competitive. Likewise, we will tackle the issue of game reform with all our energy in order to make the game more interesting.

ZuWo/Jbrase is also a bipartisan ticket: I'm an RPP member and Jbrase is in the JCP. Indeed, we are convinced that some of the main problems Atlasia faces can only be solved satisfactorily if there are solutions that are backed by people from diverse political backgrounds. Bold solutions require the support of a large part of the Atlasian population. In fact, the ZuWo/Jbrase ticket is neither a ticket for the right, nor for the left - it is a presidential ticket for all Atlasians.

I invite you to join our campaign, to make contributions of any kind, to ask question and, most importantly, to believe in the future success of Atlasia!

Sincerely,

ZuWo
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »

That's quite a strong ticket - not quite so strong as Duke/Cincinnatus, but a formidable one: active, principled and unapologetic. Unfortunately, ZuWo, you're far too conservative for me! Wink
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2012, 02:56:27 PM by Jbrase »

Hello, all. Smiley

I would like to thank Zuwo for offering this position as running mate. I support Zuwo for president because I feel he is truly committed to the cause of reform, not only game reform but economic as well. I have seen others claim they like him but he is too conservative, well let me tell you, if he planned to governed based on a social conservative driven agenda I would not be here in support. But that is not the case. I am here today because I believe Zuwo will fight tirelessly to restore confidence in Atlasia. He will fight to make Atlasia competitive once again in the global market by fixing our tax code. And most importantly he will be Swiss. I mean come on, who doesn't love Switzerland?

I leave you with this to think over:
For you who claim to be "progressive", by supporting another "progressive" ticket for president you are in fact upholding the status quo. By doing so you are being the conservatives in this situation, if we are going by definition that is. Therefor, supporting ZuWo/Jbrase is the liberal thing to do.

ZuWo/Jbrase: The Liberal Alternative Grin
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2012, 12:31:03 PM »

Sorry Jbrase, ZuWo has already started campaigning on social issues.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »

He has stated some clearly socially conservative positions in the campaign, which he is entitled to believe in, but I am not worried by them for 2 reasons:
1. social issues will be on the backburner as the main goals are economic and game reform.
2. Anything too social conservative would die a quick death in the Senate.

So his positions on social issues do not worry me.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »

Sorry if you've already covered this, ZuWo, but do you have a position on the upcoming vote to dissolve the JCP and RPP?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »

He has stated some clearly socially conservative positions in the campaign, which he is entitled to believe in, but I am not worried by them for 2 reasons:
1. social issues will be on the backburner as the main goals are economic and game reform.
2. Anything too social conservative would die a quick death in the Senate.

So his positions on social issues do not worry me.

Exactly.

I'm actually kind of surprised at how non-aggressive he's been on that actually.
Or maybe I'm just too lazy to search through a few pages to find it.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2012, 01:53:51 PM »

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2012, 02:15:14 PM »

Sorry if you've already covered this, ZuWo, but do you have a position on the upcoming vote to dissolve the JCP and RPP?

Good that you mention this, as I have not yet commented on it.

In the initial phase of bgwah's proposal to dissolve both major parties I was skeptical. I like being part of the RPP. I like the other guys in the party and I am fully aware of how important a big-tent party on the right is to help conservative candidates get elected. Also, I was convinced that it was still possible for third parties to emerge despite the dominance of the JCP and the RPP, and I actually believed the NLP or Blue Party could become a successful enterprise. However, the quick fading of the NLP (no offense to Pingvin here, who is doing a remarkable job in keeping the remnants of the party alive) as well as the previous failure of the CID have shown me that I was wrong on this, and I now believe not much will change in the near future.

Thus, I have now reached the conclusion that a fresh start isn't such a bad idea. It would be exciting to have numerous small parties pop up after the two big players are gone, it would make elections more competitive. So in a way, I have grown to like the dissolution proposal.

So to answer your question: if such a vote is held, I may very well vote "aye" on the dissolution proposal. Even if I like the RPP very much.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »

Exactly.

I'm actually kind of surprised at how non-aggressive he's been on that actually.

It's not that Jbrase and I have fundamentally different views. In fact, our similar views on taxes and the economy are a strong foundation of our campaign. But another thing that unites us is our common pro-life ideology, which is the most important social issue to me.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »

I love this.

Endorsed!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2012, 03:33:11 PM »

That's quite a strong ticket - not quite so strong as Duke/Cincinnatus, but a formidable one: active, principled and unapologetic. Unfortunately, ZuWo, you're far too conservative for me! Wink

No ticket can dream to compete with that of Duke/Cincinnatus.  Well.. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »

It was just a one in a lifetime fluke that caused our eventual loss. At least I will always believe that...
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »

Exactly.

It's not that Jbrase and I have fundamentally different views. In fact, our similar views on taxes and the economy are a strong foundation of our campaign. But another thing that unites us is our common pro-life ideology, which is the most important social issue to me.

I always thought of Jbrase as a more politically active Mechaman really.
And maybe a tid bit less crude.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »

Thanks!

From now on, everyone who endorses this ticket and then goes on to vote for it gets Swiss chocolate for free. 20RP12, you're the first one to benefit from that offer!
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »

Thanks!

From now on, everyone who endorses this ticket and then goes on to vote for it gets Swiss chocolate for free. 20RP12, you're the first one to benefit from that offer!

AWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2012, 07:45:55 PM »

Thanks!

Socialized Swiss chocolate is a great platform plank, but I think you just accidentally set us up for bribery charges to be filed against us. Tongue
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2012, 11:58:55 PM »

I can't complain about ZuWo's choice of Jbrase as his running mate.

After all, ZuWo is following in my footsteps as I picked Jbrase as well for my running mate in the recent Presidential election.

Second time lucky?

Smiley
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2012, 03:45:21 AM »

Well, I'm good friends with Snowy, and I dislike your obsession with banning pot, but I'm good friends with Jbrase too, so I can say for now you'll, uh, not be having my vote in the upcoming election. Wink

(My endorsement is, shall we say, non-coveted).
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2012, 04:09:46 AM »

Well, I'm good friends with Snowy, and I dislike your obsession with banning pot, but I'm good friends with Jbrase too, so I can say for now you'll, uh, not be having my vote in the upcoming election. Wink

(My endorsement is, shall we say, non-coveted).

Wait until we unveil our tax plan - you'll definitely prefer our plan to the current tax rates.

Pot is an issue in a region like the Mideast, but I am realistic enough to accept that it is no issue on the federal level. That's why Atlasian potheads do not have to fear my presidency.

The reason why I would have vetoed the "Right to Treatment Act" as President is a constitutional one  - as I pointed out, it is in my view a violation of regional rights.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2012, 05:33:31 AM »

Federal Taxes

Atlasia shall remain a stable country which is able to function as a democratic state and maintain basic government programs. Therefore, it is unavoidable that a certain amount of taxes is levied by the federal government. However, the current federal tax rates are excessive. Have a look at the current tax rates as specified in the “Tax Code Bill 2011” and draw your own conclusions:

Current Tax Code

Corporate Taxes, Income

12%    $0 - $50,000
23%    $50,000 - $75,000
30%    $75,000 - $100,000
31%    $100,000 - $335,000
33%    $335,000 - $10,000,000
34%    $10,000,000 - $15,000,000
35%    $15,000,000 +

Income Taxes, Single Individual

0%      $0 - $9,500
13%    $9,501 - $35,000
24%    $35,001 - $80,000
28%    $80,001 - $170,000
35%    $170,001 - $367,700
41%    $367,701 - $1,000,000
50%    $1,000,001 - $2,500,000
60%    $2,500,001 +

If one factors in the taxes that are levied by the regions, it becomes apparent that the tax burden for an individual, especially if that individual is wealthy, is extremely heavy. As a result, Atlasia’s competitiveness is put at stake since these tax rates encourage both corporations and individuals to dislocate to countries which offer better conditions. Indeed, lower tax rates will make our country more attractive for wealthy individuals and corporations, which will lead to higher tax revenues; let’s follow the example of countries such as Switzerland, where this fiscal strategy has proved to be very successful. By pursuing such a strategy, the initially lower revenues will be compensated and, eventually, increased.

Concretely, we are of the opinion that it is unacceptable that there are federal tax rates which exceed 50%. Likewise, corporate tax rates that force corporations - even those that do not have a high income - to pay (nearly) a third of their income are undoubtedly over the top. In fact, a ZuWo/Jbrase administration supports a tax code that enables individuals and corporations to pursue a path towards prosperity and does not hamper their competitiveness. The following tax code was put forward by Senator Jbrase in the most recent debate on federal taxes and shall highlight how a ZuWo/Jbrase administration intends to proceed in order to ensure that our country is on a path towards growth and prosperity. In fact, our administration will attempt to cut taxes for people of different income levels and for small and large corporations. Help to make Atlasia more competitive! Support our tax plan!

ZuWo/Jbrase Plan for Prosperity

Corporate Taxes, Income

5%              $0 - $50,000
20%            $50,000 - $75,000
25%            $75,000 - $100,000
27%            $100,000 - $335,000
28%            $335,000 - $10,000,000
29%            $10,000,000 - $15,000,000
30%            $15,000,000 +

Income Taxes, Single Individual

0%            $0 - $29,999
10%          $30,000 - $44,999