Office of ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:19:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 55800 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2012, 03:37:41 AM »

Friends and supporters, dear Atlasians

Moments ago I PMed President-elect Polnut and Vice-President-elect Tmthforu94 and congratulated them on their victory. I wish the election would have turned out in a different way, but we must accept the facts. I am confident the new President and VP will not let our country down and fulfill the high expectations so many Atlasians have.

I want to say thank you to my running mate Jbrase, with whom I had numerous discussions on certain issues and who has helped this campaign a lot. I wish him all the best for his political future. I also want to thank all of you who voted for me and Jbrase, as well as those people who contributed to this campaign in any way. You have made this an exciting election for me and the entire country. Last but not least, thank you to all the other candidates in the race. Duke and Andrew, your campaign has been entertaining but I had no doubt you would have made great Co-Presidents if you had been elected. Barnes and Windis, I disagree with you on about every political issue, but I commend you for your respectful campaign. Finally, Hatman and Dr. Cynic, you have run a colorful campaign as well, and I hope you will continue to be active in the future.

Had someone told me at the beginning of January when I launched my campaign that I would get so many votes, I would not have believed it. Indeed, I am extremely thankful for the large amount of support I and Jbrase have received from people with various ideological backgrounds. This has truly been a tremendous experience. Regarding my own political future, I do not know how to proceed from here. As for now, I will certainly head back to the ME Assembly and spend more time again on regional affairs.

Thank you, Atlasia, and God bless you. This election with so many diverse tickets has made me more optimistic about the future of this game.

ZuWo, not President-elect
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »

Elections to the ME Assembly

The ME Assembly elections have started. I encourage all ME citizens to cast their vote. Even though this election is not really competitive, it would be nice to have a high turnout.

Our region must become more active again. Do not hesitate to directly contact your Assemblymembers or your regional Senator to give your personal input on the issues at hand. If you have any ideas for future legislation, feel free to express them!

ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2012, 02:53:23 PM »

I'm mulling a run for Mideast Governor in May. I will let you know about my decision in the next days. Any kind of input is welcome!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »

Go for it man.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2012, 12:57:50 AM »

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2012, 06:35:46 AM »

I'm seeking the office of Mideast Governor

Citizens of the Mideast,

I have decided to seek the office of Mideast Governor in May. I have served our region in the Assembly during several terms and believe that I am ready to serve the Mideast in the executive position. After my failed run for President in February I felt a need to rethink my role in the game and reassess my ambitions and goals. Now this phase is over and I have come to the conclusion that I want to remain active and dedicate my energy to this region.
The Mideast is currently facing various problems and challenges. Here’s a short list of some of the most pressing issues:

- A general drop in activity in the recent months.
- The wiki, which serves as the first source of information for potential newbies, has not been updated for a while.
- The lack of a regional budget often renders legislative work very abstract – I think we can actually learn from the Northeast region in that respect!

I cannot offer you prefabricated solutions to these problems, but I can promise you to try my very best to tackle these and more challenges. With your help, this region can thrive and prosper again!

Assemblyman ZuWo
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2012, 06:57:39 AM »

YEAAH!
Got my personal endorsement.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2012, 11:00:49 AM »

Endorsed- best of luck...you are a great candidate
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2012, 03:03:49 PM »

Thank you Cathcon, Pingvin and clarence. Now if you, Pingvin and clarence, move over to the Mideast for the next couple of weeks, my happiness will be complete. Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2012, 05:42:45 PM »

Endorsed
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »

Best of luck. I'm stepping down Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »

Endorsed soundly.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2012, 06:03:42 PM »

Endorsed
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2012, 10:08:27 PM »

Good luck Zuwo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2012, 06:27:50 AM »

Thank you to the outgoing Governor and the other people who have endorsed me/wished me luck.

As Governor, I would take the following measures to deal with the most pressing issue, the recent low in interest and participation in the game:

- work with the Assembly to get interesting and, if possible, controversial legislation passed: controversial debates often lead to an uptick in interest among Atlasians
- communicate with the electorate by, for example, establishing official "question times"
- take a more active role in recruiting new members to the game and the Mideast in particular
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »

Have the question time things ever worked?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2012, 12:21:42 PM »

Unfortunately, the Atlasian Senate is about to pass the "Atlasian National Broadcaster Bill", which has been put forward by the President but goes back to an idea from the Labor Party. I am concerned about the leftist agenda that is being pursued by the current administration and urge all Mideast citizens to boycott this new channel once it is on air.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »

Unfortunately, the Atlasian Senate is about to pass the "Atlasian National Broadcaster Bill", which has been put forward by the President but goes back to an idea from the Labor Party. I am concerned about the leftist agenda that is being pursued by the current administration and urge all Mideast citizens to boycott this new channel once it is on air.
Please, Mr. ZuWo, don't bulls**t me. It's not like we're going to shift to China State TV all of a sudden. This is a democratic republic, and I quite like PBS and NPR.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »

Who is the governor now, by the way?  Is it still afleitch?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »

Support the next Governor in updating the wiki!

Updating the wiki will be one of the primary concerns of my governorship. While the constitution clearly states that it is the Governor's responsibility alone to keep the wiki up-to-date, I'd like to invite other Mideast citizens to do something for the wiki. The wiki pages can serve as an important source of information for newbies to the game and the region. Thus, their importance should not be underestimated.

If I'm elected Governor and one or several citizens support me with the necessary wiki work, I will publicly honor each person in question. Any Mideast citizen who makes a meaningful contribution to update the wiki shall be rewarded by, for example, having a Mideast airport named after them. Making an effort for our region pays off!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »

Yay! It really isn't hard since we adopted the regional board, all the timeline stuff that used to be printed is now unnecessary. When I was Governor I posted the bill, the vote count, signature date, and just linked it to the board.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »

Support the next Governor in updating the wiki!

Updating the wiki will be one of the primary concerns of my governorship. While the constitution clearly states that it is the Governor's responsibility alone to keep the wiki up-to-date, I'd like to invite other Mideast citizens to do something for the wiki. The wiki pages can serve as an important source of information for newbies to the game and the region. Thus, their importance should not be underestimated.

If I'm elected Governor and one or several citizens support me with the necessary wiki work, I will publicly honor each person in question. Any Mideast citizen who makes a meaningful contribution to update the wiki shall be rewarded by, for example, having a Mideast airport named after them. Making an effort for our region pays off!

Unfortunately I cannot endorse your candidacy, but I very much endorse this idea.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2012, 03:00:33 PM »

Legislative Record

There may be some citizens who consider me an extreme conservative and are therefore reluctant to cast a vote for me in the upcoming gubernatorial election. It's up to you to judge me as a candidate by looking at the work I have done. Here's a part of my legislative record (that is the bills I've introduced to the ME Assembly and that have been passed).

- Amendment to the Mideast Abortion Statute II

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=139408.0

- Keep our Region Clean and Safe From Vandalism Act

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=144518.0

- New Mideast Marijuana Taxation Act

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=145238.0

- Smaller Assembly Amendment

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=146350.0

- Car Safety Act

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=150082.0

- Questioning the Power Act

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=151526.0

(Thank you Scott - maybe you can implement something similar in your region)

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #248 on: May 05, 2012, 10:52:47 AM »

The next elections for Assembly and Governor are less than two weeks away. I encourage my fellow Mideast citizens to ask questions about my candidacy if they have any.

In the next days I will release a platform with my plans for this region, which I shall dub Vision October 2012.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2012, 01:18:45 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2012, 01:24:04 PM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

Vision October 2012

Economy and Taxes – low tax rates and economic growth

Taxes are a necessary evil; "evil" because they take away money from our citizens and businesses, "necessary" because they ensure that our state is able to function properly. Clearly, Mideast citizens should not be burdened with excessively high tax rates. That’s why no bill which includes a tax hike for our hard-working citizens shall get my signature. Additionally, I am going to look into our regional budget (--> see "Budget") and propose tax cuts wherever it is feasible.
Furthermore, I am convinced that low corporate tax rates and less bureaucracy for businesses are crucial to economic growth. Based on these principles, the Mideast can attract businesses and wealthy citizens from other Atlasian regions that pursue destructive left-wing policies.

Budget – establishing a balanced budget

While the budget has not been a priority of the current Governor, I would like to continue the budgetary path former Governor A-Bob has set. With the help of various citizens, I want to establish a regional budget - a balanced budget. We must try to achieve a balanced budget because we cannot leave a deeply indebted country to our offspring; this would be highly irresponsible. The budgetary process may take a long time, but it’s worth the effort as it makes the legislative process more concrete and gives us an idea of how money can be spent in an effective way.

Wiki – let’s update the wiki together

The Wiki has been neglected in the recent months, and this shall change under my governorship. As I promised earlier, each Mideast citizen who makes a meaningful contribution to the wiki shall be honored publically. The Wiki is so important because it helps new players to get a first impression of the game and our region and offers detailed information on regional affairs.

Life – the most basic human right is the right to life

I oppose abortion, euthanasia and the death penalty since I believe that life is a godly gift that should not be taken by human beings. A society which does not respect the most fundamental of all human rights, that is the right to life, is a doomed society. As Assemblyman, I sponsored a bill which outlawed abortion in the Mideast, but the ensuing court case is still pending. If the Mideast Supreme Court rules that bill unconstitutional, it will be one of my priorities to take the necessary steps to protect the lives of the unborn.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies