Office of ZuWo (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:05:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 56323 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: January 04, 2012, 06:52:57 PM »

Endorsed.

For now at least.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 09:06:13 AM »

And I thank Mechaman, 20RP12 and PiT for their endorsements "on probation". I hope I am not going to say too many stupid things to lose your support! Wink

I have to say that you're doing a pretty horrible job on that front.

The foreign policy entry was good.  I don't agree 100% with it but it sure as hell wasn't stupid.

If that makes any sense.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »

Sorry Jbrase, ZuWo has already started campaigning on social issues.

He has stated some clearly socially conservative positions in the campaign, which he is entitled to believe in, but I am not worried by them for 2 reasons:
1. social issues will be on the backburner as the main goals are economic and game reform.
2. Anything too social conservative would die a quick death in the Senate.

So his positions on social issues do not worry me.

Exactly.

I'm actually kind of surprised at how non-aggressive he's been on that actually.
Or maybe I'm just too lazy to search through a few pages to find it.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 01:53:51 PM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »

Exactly.

I'm actually kind of surprised at how non-aggressive he's been on that actually.
Or maybe I'm just too lazy to search through a few pages to find it.

It's not that Jbrase and I have fundamentally different views. In fact, our similar views on taxes and the economy are a strong foundation of our campaign. But another thing that unites us is our common pro-life ideology, which is the most important social issue to me.

I always thought of Jbrase as a more politically active Mechaman really.
And maybe a tid bit less crude.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »

One measure of the health of Atlasia is of course the turn out during elections. So to promote greater turn out and participation in our democracy we propose the following change:

The SoFE, and 3 or 4 temporary deputies picked by the SoFE, take the list of registered voters and each take a section. Each person shall send a PM to every voter on their list with a link to the voting booth and when it officially opens and closes. Anyone who sends these PM's with any additional info with the purpose of swaying voters one way or another would face punishment.

What kind of 'punishment' do you have in mind?  Anything specific?

We have not discussed much about punishment. It would likely be during the senate debate when a specific punishment is finalized, which I would imagine including losing voting rights for X amount of time, band form holding office for X amount of time, and of course prohibition from being allowed to perform that duty in the future.

Anyone?

That seems a little harsh I believe.  I mean I never ever PM people about who they should vote for on Election Day but occasionally on voting weekend somebody from the RPP, JCP, or whatever will send a pm with the voting link and say "Vote for (insert name here)!" and I don't think twice of it.  I of course will not name any names on here because I believe they didn't have any nefarious motives and it's not in my nature.
I wasn't aware this was the problem.  I thought the problem was people pming people AFTER they already voted and convincing them to change their votes.
Or are you talking about persistent attempts to sway voters (like listing the whole campaign platform in the PM and not just "hey! Vote Donnelly!" or what not)?  Because that I could potentially see the problem.  Though that isn't much different than say the entire campaign season beforehand.

Or are you referring merely to the SoFE and his deputies who will be charged with the informing of the elections?  If that's the case alright then no complaints!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies