Office of ZuWo (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:07:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo  (Read 56317 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 12, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
« edited: January 12, 2012, 02:56:27 PM by Jbrase »

Hello, all. Smiley

I would like to thank Zuwo for offering this position as running mate. I support Zuwo for president because I feel he is truly committed to the cause of reform, not only game reform but economic as well. I have seen others claim they like him but he is too conservative, well let me tell you, if he planned to governed based on a social conservative driven agenda I would not be here in support. But that is not the case. I am here today because I believe Zuwo will fight tirelessly to restore confidence in Atlasia. He will fight to make Atlasia competitive once again in the global market by fixing our tax code. And most importantly he will be Swiss. I mean come on, who doesn't love Switzerland?

I leave you with this to think over:
For you who claim to be "progressive", by supporting another "progressive" ticket for president you are in fact upholding the status quo. By doing so you are being the conservatives in this situation, if we are going by definition that is. Therefor, supporting ZuWo/Jbrase is the liberal thing to do.

ZuWo/Jbrase: The Liberal Alternative Grin
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »

Sorry Jbrase, ZuWo has already started campaigning on social issues.

He has stated some clearly socially conservative positions in the campaign, which he is entitled to believe in, but I am not worried by them for 2 reasons:
1. social issues will be on the backburner as the main goals are economic and game reform.
2. Anything too social conservative would die a quick death in the Senate.

So his positions on social issues do not worry me.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:45:55 PM »

Thanks!

From now on, everyone who endorses this ticket and then goes on to vote for it gets Swiss chocolate for free. 20RP12, you're the first one to benefit from that offer!

Socialized Swiss chocolate is a great platform plank, but I think you just accidentally set us up for bribery charges to be filed against us. Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »

I think we should also begin discussion in Government on giving a 0% tax rate to a business during its first year, and a significantly lowered rate for business that moves here from over seas.

I believe this is a necessary step to make Atlasia truly competitive in the global market.   
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 05:19:43 PM »

One measure of the health of Atlasia is of course the turn out during elections. So to promote greater turn out and participation in our democracy we propose the following change:

The SoFE, and 3 or 4 temporary deputies picked by the SoFE, take the list of registered voters and each take a section. Each person shall send a PM to every voter on their list with a link to the voting booth and when it officially opens and closes. Anyone who sends these PM's with any additional info with the purpose of swaying voters one way or another would face punishment.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 02:40:00 AM »

One measure of the health of Atlasia is of course the turn out during elections. So to promote greater turn out and participation in our democracy we propose the following change:

The SoFE, and 3 or 4 temporary deputies picked by the SoFE, take the list of registered voters and each take a section. Each person shall send a PM to every voter on their list with a link to the voting booth and when it officially opens and closes. Anyone who sends these PM's with any additional info with the purpose of swaying voters one way or another would face punishment.

What kind of 'punishment' do you have in mind?  Anything specific?

We have not discussed much about punishment. It would likely be during the senate debate when a specific punishment is finalized, which I would imagine including losing voting rights for X amount of time, band form holding office for X amount of time, and of course prohibition from being allowed to perform that duty in the future.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »

Just the SoFE and the deputies lol. I see no reason at all to prohibit people from campaigning like that, just not while on the job of PM'ing ballots.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 01:18:16 AM »

Might I ask your position on civil liberties, such as the PATRIOT ACT?

I cannot speak for ZuWo on this, but I personally oppose any attempt to "protect us" by stripping away our liberty. 
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 02:16:19 AM »

Oh,dear lord, please tell me curling is not a campaign issue. I know next to nothing of the "sport" Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 12:37:35 AM »

Thanks to all those who showed up to vote. Congrats to Polnut and tmth on their win Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 01:12:43 PM »

In the race for Governor of the Mideast there are 2 qualified candidates, and if either won I am sure the ME would be just fine. However only one can win. The incumbent in the race, Governor ZuWo, has had a great term as governor and has done the Mideast well. I cannot think of any reason why he should be thrown out of office.

Today I am here to announce I stand with Governor ZuWo and ask the fine citizens of the Mideast to do likewise.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »

Are Dibbles even manufactured anymore? Tongue

Yes, and legally I might add. Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »

I do no think this is the right thread for this discussion Tongue
Pages: [1]