Pop/soda bottles preference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:04:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Pop/soda bottles preference
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Pop/soda bottles preference
Glass

Plastic

No difference

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Pop/soda bottles preference  (Read 1051 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:13:02 PM »

Glass easily. Plastic bottles are like HFCS, another big downside to American pop/soda. They're full of all sorts of chemicals that seep into it and wreck the taste. If I'm ever at home I always pour it into a glass first if from a plastic bottle, and don't get it in a plastic bottle if possible (luckily Minneapolis still has lots of cool stores that sell in glass bottles, something you can't find in the suburbs or rural areas typically.) At work though I have no choice but plastic, hence my idea I posted about awhile back of simply poking holes in the cap instead of taking it off.

I feel bad for any foreigners visiting The Bad Place who are used to decent non-HCFC stuff in glass bottles in their home countries and have little choice but our relatively disgusting stuff.

I can't even handle aluminum cans anymore, as they are even worse than plastic in this regard. Those limited edition Mountain Dew bottles from a few years ago didn't taste bad though. I still have my empty bottles from then.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 02:15:20 PM »

Everything is better in glass vs. can.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »

Glass. I love those Mexican Cokes.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 02:22:45 PM »

Oh yeah I am quite glad there is a Hispanic grocery store pretty close to me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »

I rarely drink regular soda, but when I do, I always drive one of those mexican cokes I get at Costco. I keep a bunch in the pantry in case I have a special craving. Glass is the way to go for sure.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »

PEI used to be the only jurisdiction to have glass pop bottles (mandated by law) in North America, but the current government eliminated it as one of their first acts a few years ago. Since I grew up there, I'd say glass for nostalgia.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 04:40:19 PM »

Glass.  I miss those old-fashioned glass Coca-cola bottles.  Some of my earliest and favorite memories of my dad taking me to work at his electric wiring shop with him after my school let out, and he had a soda machine in the back filled with those glass Coke bottles, and he would just let me keep drinking them till we went home for dinner.  They were nice memories, but it might explain something about me still being high-strung thirty-five years later.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 06:05:12 PM »

Plastic bottles should be banned completely, and an enormous tax placed upon aluminum cans.  Glass by contrast should be subsidized.  I would also like to see drinks served in plastic bags with ice and a straw again, as it was in the better days.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »

PEI used to be the only jurisdiction to have glass pop bottles (mandated by law) in North America, but the current government eliminated it as one of their first acts a few years ago.

Wow, what a shame. That law should be reinstated ASAP, and other provinces/states should follow.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »

I rarely drink regular soda, but when I do, I always drive one of those mexican cokes I get at Costco. I keep a bunch in the pantry in case I have a special craving. Glass is the way to go for sure.

Wow, that was exactly what I was about to say.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 07:06:48 PM »

Plastic bottles should be banned completely, and an enormous tax placed upon aluminum cans.  Glass by contrast should be subsidized.  I would also like to see drinks served in plastic bags with ice and a straw again, as it was in the better days.
What?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

I think what he's talking about is similar to those bags of milk that started becoming common a few years ago. Also was common until about the 60s for soft drinks I believe.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »

Could somebody please explain to me the benefits of drinking soda (or milk) out of a bag?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 08:06:09 PM »

First poll by BRTD that doesn't suck.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 11:45:06 PM »

Could somebody please explain to me the benefits of drinking soda (or milk) out of a bag?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0cABRleT8s&feature=player_detailpage#t=44s
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 12:58:19 AM »

Glass tastes better, but I always buy plastic for the higher ratio of volume:price. I'm not going to spend $2 to get a measly 12 oz of fluid.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 02:48:04 AM »

What's this pop you speak of?

I prefer to drink soda out of a glass bottle or metal can...much for the same reasons as Red.  Sadly they really havent tried reintroducing glass bottles for the big brands save for an over priced novelty item.

Now if you can find Mexican Coca-Cola in stores...1) its in glass bottles, 2) more importantly it uses real sugar resulting in it being 3) supremely delicious and its 4) safe despite being from mexico.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 06:04:25 AM »

Glass tastes better, but I always buy plastic for the higher ratio of volume:price. I'm not going to spend $2 to get a measly 12 oz of fluid.
Agreed.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 01:27:56 PM »

I think what he's talking about is similar to those bags of milk that started becoming common a few years ago. Also was common until about the 60s for soft drinks I believe.

No,no, it isn't a bag of milk, it is the serving of drinks from a drinks cart or street-side shop in Thailand or other Asian countries (also I believe in Latin America).  Traditionally the drink would be poured from a the reusable glass bottle into a plastic bag, then large ice pieces added, and a straw, and then you can walk down the street with the bag (which has little plastic handles built in) hanging from your finger, sipping the ice-cold Coke or whatever through the straw - wonderful!  Coke is only good ice cold and iced.  These bags are also great for driving on motorbikes.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 01:50:27 PM »

If you want to take a freshly-pressed juice away in India, you'll get it in a bag like that.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »

If you want to take a freshly-pressed juice away in India, you'll get it in a bag like that.

Ugh, well I don't drink the juice of fruits. 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 02:31:19 PM »

Your loss.

Then again, your loss if you take the bag. Much better to just wait around the stall until you've finished your glass.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 02:37:47 PM »

Your loss.

Then again, your loss if you take the bag. Much better to just wait around the stall until you've finished your glass.

I prefer ice coffees, teas, and Cokes in a bag.  I'm just not a big fan of those 'healthy' drinks, such as the juice of a fruit.  The healthiest thing I would go for is yoghurt drinks like the Middle Easterners like, or your buttermilk.  Well, not your buttermilk.. I meant the buttermilk as you have recommended upon these pages...
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 01:02:09 AM »

Glass of course, I'm Mexican.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies