Victory Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:09:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Victory Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Victory Speech  (Read 2666 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2004, 12:38:50 AM »

(eruption of cheers as I take platform situated at Perry Square in Erie, PA)

Thank you.  Thank you.  I would like to take this oppertunity to thank my wife and my family for standing by me and, of course, all of my supporters in this race, you are the true winners tonight.

(cheers)

I must say, I am heartened and humbled by the out come of this race.  Going into it, we all thought it was a sure thing, but I guess that this all proves that there is no such thing as a sure thing.  I want you to know that I will work hard to heal the wounds of this election and I will prove my credentials to all those who voted for my opponents.

(cheers)

I want you to know that your votes truely do matter.  Because of you, people living in cities like Buffalo, Altoona, Reading, Syracuse, Albany and right here in Erie, Pa and all over Atlasia, will see growth rather than decline and know hope rather than sorrow.

(voice rises throughout this part)
(cheers rise as well)

Because of you, tomorrow will be a brighter day for depressed rural areas and the coal communities of this region.

Because of you, are dependency of foriegn fuels will end.

Because of you, the world will come together in the fight against tyrrany through a global treaty organization.

Because of you, and those who voted for my compatriot, Senator-elect WMS, Atlasia will have a taste of Freedom.

Thank you and God Bless us all.

(crowd roaring)

(Sting's "Brand New Day" plays in backround)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 12:39:58 AM »

Congratulations supersoulty.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 12:40:14 AM »

Congrats to our new Senator-Elect, and fellow Pennsylvanian, Supersoulty! You will make us proud, my friend.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 12:41:25 AM »

Thanks guys, sorry about the brevety of it and the spelling mistakes.  Trying to write my thesis.  Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 12:42:53 AM »

Congratulations Supersoulty! The Freedom Party has, what, half its membership in office now? Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 12:48:14 AM »

Congratulations on your victory, supersoulty.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 01:00:38 AM »

congrats
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 01:08:19 AM »

Congratulations Supersoulty! The Freedom Party has, what, half its membership in office now? Smiley

Ha, yes.  We are a four member party with two Senators.  No other party can claim such a mandate.  Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 02:14:24 AM »

Congrats on your victory. Although I fear you will govern as an Arlen Specter Republican I hope that we can work together to pass important bills.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 02:24:56 AM »

Congrats on your victory. Although I fear you will govern as an Arlen Specter Republican I hope that we can work together to pass important bills.

Watch out, them's fightin' words for Chris. :-)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 02:34:11 AM »

My possitions on social, foriegn policy and economic issues are quite clear and I stand by those principles.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 03:22:10 AM »

My possitions on social, foriegn policy and economic issues are quite clear and I stand by those principles.

Indeed, I figured you wouldn't take kindly to the Specter comparision on StatesRights's part. :-)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 03:23:23 AM »

Indeed, I figured you wouldn't take kindly to the Specter comparision on StatesRights's part. :-)

I can't stand for that kind of slander.  Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 05:22:13 AM »

Ah, yes, Senator Snarlin' Chris Supersoult. Congrats (grumble). Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2004, 06:58:39 AM »

Congrats. You have a great partner from D1 in the Senate.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2004, 07:53:13 AM »

Yay! Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2004, 09:43:39 AM »

Congradulations Chris. I am proud that the man who I voted voted for, and the man more deserving of the post, was elected into office. I hope that you will work together with Republicans and Centrists to pass through much of the important legislation that has been proposed. Once again Congradulations Mr. Senator-elect.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2004, 10:00:10 AM »

But you see... that's what happens when you call people like Specter "RINO" and push him away.  Then that opens the door for people like us to become subject to the far-right's contempt.

I can't stand for that kind of slander.  Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2004, 01:31:10 PM »

I don't understand that comment at all. It's similar to your comments the other night saying that the PBrunsel administration is "governing from the left." How would Supersoulty, a vocal Toomey supporter, govern like an Arlen Specter?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2004, 01:33:18 PM »

I don't understand that comment at all. It's similar to your comments the other night saying that the PBrunsel administration is "governing from the left." How would Supersoulty, a vocal Toomey supporter, govern like an Arlen Specter?

Soulty, much like PBrunsel pander to much to the Democrats. I mean look at the new UAC party he created.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 01:39:29 PM »

Soulty, much like PBrunsel pander to much to the Democrats. I mean look at the new UAC party he created.

Pandering to the Democrats? These are two popular members who 1) are approved of by members of both parties for the most part and 2) want to work together to get things done. They don't fall silent when it comes to saying what they believe. In my opinion, they are both common sense conservatives and comparing Supersoulty to Arlen Specter is a real insult.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 01:42:37 PM »

Pandering to the Democrats? These are two popular members who 1) are approved of by members of both parties for the most part and 2) want to work together to get things done. They don't fall silent when it comes to saying what they believe. In my opinion, they are both common sense conservatives and comparing Supersoulty to Arlen Specter is a real insult.

Chafee?

I don't understand what that's supposed to mean? Another insult?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2004, 01:50:12 PM »

Congrats.

Looking forward to working with you on regeneration.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 03:01:21 PM »

Congratulations Super! Great representation for my district!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 06:02:40 PM »

Congratulations supersoulty. I hope you and my Administration can work together in harmony.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies