Webb vs. Obama vs. Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:50:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Webb vs. Obama vs. Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Webb vs. Obama vs. Romney  (Read 2814 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:14:36 PM »

Jim Webb mounts a third party candidacy to challenge Pres. Obama and Mitt Romney for the Presidency. Due to the split among the Democratic party Romney takes a slight lead in the polls, but by election day it is neck and neck.

Romney: 45%
Obama:   42%
Webb:      11%

Timeline coming soon.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »

Cool. Who's Webb's runningmate?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:20:30 AM »

Obama/Biden vs. Romney/Haley vs. Webb/Sanders

D: 0
R: 0
I:  0

Good evening, America Election Night has come to this. Three candidates competing for the Presidency. A President who is fighting for his political life, a former governor who believe he can best the President on the issue of the economy, and an independent from the President's own party.

Looking at the first states that have closed tonight we can project Gov. Mitt Romney the winner in the state of Indiana with 43% percent of the vote, compared to the President's 36%.

We cannot project a winner in Vermont, the President holds a small lead, but Sen. Webb is close behind him. We should it also mention that Vermont is the home state of Webb's running mate.

VT:
D: 38%
I   37%
R: 24%

We also feel comfortable to project Gov. Romney the winner in the states of Kentucky and South Carolina. He was expected to carry them and he has done so.

The real question remains tonight what impact Sen. Webb will have on President Obama's reelection.

I have to admit this election reminds me of 1992. You had a divided party, George H.W. Bush lost the right, and Clinton seized the chance.

There is no doubt that the Democrats are split and the fear among some insiders on the President's team is that this will depress turnout.

R: 28
D:  0
I:   0

It appears now we can also project Mitt Romney the winner in the state of Georgia. Now we should mention whoever wins this election be it Mitt Romney or the President will probably not have a majority in the popular vote, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Well, based on most polling Sen. Webb is only taken about 11% of the vote, which is about what Ross Perot took in 1996, so one candidate could crack fifty, but we'll see, the night is still young.

Let us turn out attention to Virginia, the home state of Jim Webb. He barley leads the President in the state and Mitt Romney is right behind Obama.

I: 34.2%
D: 34.0%
R: 30.4%

7:30

The polls just closed in a three states and we can project Gov. Romney the winner in West Virginia, with Ohio and North Carolina remaining too close.

R: 44
D:  0
I:   0

In Ohio Sen. Webb seems to be having no affect, as it is a race between Romney and Obama.

OH:
R: 48.6%
D: 48.1%

NC:
R: 48.9%
D: 47.5%

We can now project Pres. Obama the winner in Vermont with a weak 37% of the vote, compared to 35% for Sen. Webb.

8:00

The polls have closed in a large portion of the states and we are not ready to project winners in many. However in the states of Oklahoma, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama for Gov. Romney.

For President Obama we can project Delaware, Connecticut, Massachusetts and the District of Columbia.

The states in question are: New Hampshire, Maine, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Missouri,, Maryland and Florida.

Of the seven states that have closed Sen. Webb leads in Maryland, narrowly. Looking at the others states, Mitt Romney seems to be building in momentum.

FL:
R: 48%
D: 40%
I: 10%

NH:
R: 50%
D: 45%
I:    3%

PA:
R: 47%
D: 46%
I:    5%

ME:
D: 48%
R: 46%
I:    4%

MO:
R: 50%
D: 45%
I:    3%

NJ:
R: 49%
D: 41%
I:    8%

MD:
I: 36%
D: 35%
R:  27%

We can now project Gov. Romney the winner in the state of New Hampshire. This is a state that Romney campaigned in heavily and figured he could carry it and he has tonight with what appears to be at least a majority.

We can also project Pres. Obama the winner in Maine, but we are only awarding him three delegates, due to the closeness in Maine's second congressional district.

R: 86
D: 50
I:    0

It is now ten minutes to nine and we'll have more projection to make, we are going to take a short break, but we will return with more coverage of Election Night 2012, stay-- hold on we have a major projection to make:

The state of Ohio has gone to Gov. Romney! Gov. Romney has carried the state of Ohio!

OH:
R: 49.6%
D: 47.0%
I:    2.2%

R: 110
D:  50
I:     0

We'll return with coverage on Romney's big win after the break, stay tuned.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »

Welcome back, and just as we went to break we projected Gov. Romney the winner in the state of Ohio, but we can also project him the winner in the state of Missouri. Thoughts?

Well Gov. Romney is in a good position tonight and it says to me that while Webb is not having a great effect, Pres. Obama is weak and probably a large group of his base either voted for Webb or stayed home and the polls showing that tonight. I mean it is certainly possible tonight that New Jersey goes for a Republican tonight.

Hold that, the polls have just closed at the nine o'clock hour and we have some projection to make:

Gov. Romney has carried: The states of: Texas, Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, Louisiana, Wyoming and Colorado.

We can project for the President him the winner in the states of: Minnesota and Rhode Island. We cannot project winners in Wisconsin, Michigan, New Mexico and New York.

R: 192
D:  64

We can now project Gov. Romney the winner in the state of North Carolina, with now 89% of the vote counted.

Looking at this win is it over for President Obama?

No, there are still states outstanding, and I think Obama can overtake Romney and--

Hold on, we can project Pres. Obama the winner in New York.

NY:
D: 50.2%
R: 44.8%
I:    3.6%

R: 207
D:  93

Well there you have it. Sen. Webb is taking only three percent of the vote which isn't much, but it does show he is playing somewhat of a role tonight.

We are now ready to make a project Gov. Romney finally the win in Florida, with 49% of the vote. We can also project Pres. Obama in the state of Maryland. But, Florida is one that is important. It was the state of the republican convention, and Gov. Romney led going into tonight.

We'll return in a moment...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »

webb/sanders? No way. the first is a conservadem, the second a socialdemocrat.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »

With Florida now having gone for Gov. Romney, the question of the night is can Pres. Obama overtake him and manage to win?

It is electorally possible, but Romney has the advantage, having carried the very important states.

What of Sen. Webb, will we see him get up on the board tonight?

Very unlikely, Virginia is probably the only state that he could take, but his lead has dwindled to almost nothing.

VA:
I: 33.21%
D: 33.12%
R: 33.00%

Romney and the President are fighting for second place, I could see a scenario where Webb does take it, but I'd say its rather unlikely.

Checking back on The Keystone State, Gov. Romney seems to have expanded his lead, now with 90% of the vote in it looks like we can project him the winner in that state.

PA:
R: 49.3%
D: 47.0%
I:    2.3%

Now if Romney is to win tonight, then I have to wonder will he crack the fifty percent marker in the popular vote?

Well, he has carried the big states, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Florida and North Carolina all under fifty percent, he's gotten close, but looking at it nationally I could see if a few states come his way he could break even with fifty percent.

Nationally now he is still ahead of Pres. Obama with forty-eight percent of the vote, almost forty-nine with Pres. Obama taking only forty-forty percent. Sen. Webb is only taking around five percent, about the same as John Anderson did in 1980 when he rans an independent.

Popular Vote:
Romney: 48.8%
Obama:   44.5%
Webb:       5.6%

R: 256
D: 103
I:      0

Romney is probably going to win this thing, he's narrowing in on the magic number and will probably have a plurality in the electoral college and may take a narrow majority in the popular vote as well. The final analysis of this election will be that Pres. Obama was not beaten by Mitt Romney, but by Sen. Webb.

The problem for Obama is he caved when the Republicans came to town in 2011 and did not stand up for the progressive cause and therefore the GOP was able to paint him as the problem. By alienating his base Obama lost this election. He did what George H.W. Bush did in 1992, he let the base get away from him.

It is now ten o'clock here on the east coast and we project Gov. Romney the winner in Utah and Montana. This now brings him five delegates away from the Presidency.

Mitt Romney has campaigned for this job really since after the 2008 election. He worked hard for John McCain and republican candidates in the midterms and then mounted his own campaign. Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry tried to stop him from getting the nomination, but he rode to an easy victory with wins in New Hampshire, Nevada, Michigan and South Carolina, and from there swept the board.

Mitt Romney has earned this, he ran a smart, optimistic campaign and tapped into what the American people wanted, now had it just been a two man race instead of a three man race, I think this election would have been a lot closer, but no one can deny the effort Mitt Romney has put into this night and he clearly deserves the praises and support as it looks like he will be the forty-fifth President of the United States of America.

R: 265

I just remember four years ago when it was around this time we were preparing for the election of Barack Obama and now four years later we are preparing for Mitt Romney. It is amazing how quickly the winds changes in American politics, and tonight is a great example of it.

Looking at some of the states still in question now, New Mexico is barley going for Pres. Obama, so Sen. Webb has had an effect on that state. In Arizona, Romney is leading, but we cannot project him the winner yet.

In Nevada Romney is also leading and looks like he'll probably get that state, but we're waiting for some more results. Iowa as well is treading Romney.

Now looking at Wisconsin, Pres. Obama's lead is shrinking in the state, a lot in part because of Sen. Webb and in Michigan, the birth state of Gov. Romney, the state where his father George Romney was governor looks to be swinging back to the Republicans tonight.

MI:
R: 49.2%
D: 47.5%
I:   1.9%

New Jersey is the other state in question still at this hour. Gov. Romney has held onto his lead, but we are still waiting as votes are coming in.

Now it is just the waiting game, to see if President Obama carries anymore states, or when Mitt Romney crosses the finish line.

Well, wait no further. Gov. Romney has done it. Based on our sources and now from the Associated Press, we are calling the state of Michigan for Gov. Romney.

R: 281

The Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney is now President-Elect of the United States of America. He will be the Forty-Fifth President of the United States.

Let's go to Romney headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts where the news has just broke.

Go Mitt Go! Go Mitt Go!

With Michigan having gone for Romney we are also projecting the state of New Jersey for him as well, which is no small feat for a Republican.

R: 295

By conservative estimate most figure Romney will break somewhere over three hundred electoral votes and will probably break the fifty percent hurdle. His popular vote lead has expanded to now just over forty-nine percent.

Romney: 49.2%
Obama:  43.9%
Webb:      5.5%

At eleven thirty eastern standard time Pres. Obama conceded to Gov. Mitt Romney and was gracious in his defeat. He spoke of unity and that he wished Gov. Romney well.

Romney spoke shortly after Pres. Obama's concession. He promised that he would lead America to the best of his ability, and that he would restore America Greatness, by reviving the economy.

R: 330
D: 169

Electoral Map at 12:46 AM.

Popular Vote:
R: 50.0%
D: 43.5%
I:   5.1%

Gov. Romney has finally broken the fifty percent marker he was aiming for, and it looks like it will hold based wins in Iowa and now New Mexico.

Final Results: 6:58 AM.
Virginia narrowly goes for Gov. Romney.

VA:
R: 33.56%
I:  33.50%
D: 31.6%

Mitt Romney:     50.1% (357)
Barack Obama:  43.7% (181)
Jim Webb:            5.0% (0)

Mitt Romney Elected President!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 06:55:54 PM »

Haha! Webb/Sanders. What's next, Obama/Palin?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 07:11:54 PM »

Haha! Webb/Sanders. What's next, Obama/Palin?
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 07:14:21 AM »

Do you have any timelines with Obama/A democrat winning?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:32:47 AM »

Interesting idea, though Sanders probably wasn't the best VP choice.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies