They just won't give up on Christie.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:18:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  They just won't give up on Christie.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: They just won't give up on Christie.  (Read 1237 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »

Christie being wooed by big donors - http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59343.html

Thank you for keeping up the fight!  Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 03:56:49 PM »

Billionaires with the potential to put their money into a super PAC, I'd be tempted if I was him now that he'd be promised the resources to match Obama.

the next move is to see who Lowes supports Tongue
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »

I like Christie, but sometimes the confrontational stuff turns me off.

Confrontational stuff was the one major thing that turned me off about Bill Clinton (and Hillary for that matter) ever since I was a kid in the 90s.

Reporters would be asking questions legitimate for a President or Presidential candidate, and he would play the victim. His replies always were that of a victim: "Woe is me, I've had to put up with so much crap...blah blah" and it is just a major turn-off. Christie sometimes borders on that. He should be cautious.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 08:04:25 PM »

The guys been in office for less than 2 years.  Why are Republicans even bothering with this?  The country already messed up by electing an inexperienced candidate, and now we want them to do it again?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »

The guys been in office for less than 2 years.  Why are Republicans even bothering with this?  The country already messed up by electing an inexperienced candidate, and now we want them to do it again?

He's accomplished more in those 2 years than many politicans do in multiple terms. And a decade as US Attorney counts as something. He's extremely experienced in law and is a succesful executive that unites the entire Republican party
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »

He's accomplished more in those 2 years than many politicans do in multiple terms. And a decadeyears as US Attorney counts as something. He's extremely experienced in law and is a succesful executivewhistleblower that unites the entire DemocraticRepublican party

Oh hai, BRTD. Talking about Alan Grayson again?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 09:42:31 PM »

I like Christie, but sometimes the confrontational stuff turns me off.

Confrontational stuff was the one major thing that turned me off about Bill Clinton (and Hillary for that matter) ever since I was a kid in the 90s.

Reporters would be asking questions legitimate for a President or Presidential candidate, and he would play the victim. His replies always were that of a victim: "Woe is me, I've had to put up with so much crap...blah blah" and it is just a major turn-off. Christie sometimes borders on that. He should be cautious.

Don't you love Donald Rumsfeld?
milhouse24
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »

I don't think he will win over Evangelicals because he is Roman Catholic, so he won't win Iowa.

Romeny has an advantage in NH because of geography.

He won't win SC.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:46 AM »

If his 10,000th NO, won't convince them to drop it, maybe the new rematch poll showing him even with Corzine will do the trick.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »

If his 10,000th NO, won't convince them to drop it, maybe the new rematch poll showing him even with Corzine will do the trick.

...except that, for once, he wasn't forcefully saying "no" in this recent story.  Wink

And, if anything, those polls in New Jersey will only make his national followers even more convinced that he must run for President.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »

What exactly does he offer on a national level?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 02:16:28 PM »

Satisfies the base and doesn't come across as a whack job like certain other candidates and he's a Governor.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »

Let's just say that his opponents are lightweights in comparison to Christie.  He'd add a great deal of gravitas to the race, and his hopping onto the GOP bandwagon would certainly slow it down on its path to certain destruction.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 02:47:36 PM »

Satisfies the base and doesn't come across as a whack job like certain other candidates and he's a Governor.

Ok he appeals to the base but what about the independent middle America voter? The ones that decide elections.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

This love affair with Christie is really getting old. He has some serious policy problems that are likely to turn off primary voters if he ran in the first place. If you want a confrontational Northeastern conservative as the nominee, push for LePage to run, not Christie.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »

Ok he appeals to the base but what about the independent middle America voter? The ones that decide elections.

As I said, he doesn't come across as a nutcase. I think a reason why Obama still leads a lot of the Republican field is because the candidates are seen as whack jobs. Christie fits the "generic Republican" brand in terms of his ideology perfectly.

He's also a Governor and a conservative Governor from a liberal leaning state at that. Your average voter is probably going to think that if someone like that can get elected in a state where he isn't on the same ideological wave length, he must be doing something right.

Like him or not, Christie is seen as someone that takes on problems and gets things done. In a country where an overwhelming majority of people think we're on the wrong track, someone like that is going to be turned to to chart a new course while Obama is left spinning his tires.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 03:25:37 PM »

Let's just say that his opponents are lightweights in comparison to Christie.  He'd add a great deal of gravitas to the race, and his hopping onto the GOP bandwagon would certainly slow it down on its path to certain destruction.

You forgot to add that he must hurry up his decision because the opening is getting smaller by the day. And we all know than a politician like Christie needs a big opening to take the plunge.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 03:28:42 PM »

Christie would not fare well in a national campaign. He'd take the attacks way too personally and his responses would be way too harsh and over the top. I think he'd come across as angry and whiney.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 04:16:15 PM »

As I said, he doesn't come across as a nutcase. I think a reason why Obama still leads a lot of the Republican field is because the candidates are seen as whack jobs. Christie fits the "generic Republican" brand in terms of his ideology perfectly.

He's also a Governor and a conservative Governor from a liberal leaning state at that. Your average voter is probably going to think that if someone like that can get elected in a state where he isn't on the same ideological wave length, he must be doing something right.

Like him or not, Christie is seen as someone that takes on problems and gets things done. In a country where an overwhelming majority of people think we're on the wrong track, someone like that is going to be turned to to chart a new course while Obama is left spinning his tires.

Sounds like you're mistaking Christie for Romney. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 05:19:45 PM »

You forgot to add that he must hurry up his decision because the opening is getting smaller by the day. And we all know than a politician like Christie needs a big opening to take the plunge.

Agreed, but it's clear that if/when he does take the plunge, as you put it, he'd certainly make a big splash.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 05:29:11 PM »

At this point, if he jumps in, he's gonna have to overcome the countless times he very directly said he wasn't running.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 05:42:34 PM »

At this point, if he jumps in, he's gonna have to overcome the countless times he very directly said he wasn't running.

So would Perry.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 06:15:53 PM »

Agreed, but it's clear that if/when he does take the plunge, as you put it, he'd certainly make a big splash.

Of course, but he will become the biggest fish in the pond and will certainly squeeze out the competition.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies