Where have all the letters gone ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:45:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where have all the letters gone ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where have all the letters gone ?  (Read 2243 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: July 20, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »

I deleted the Christine O'Donnell one and the Bachmann one because they were way too sexually explicit.  The others, I didn't touch and haven't heard anything from Mikado saying he did either.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »

I deleted the Christine O'Donnell one and the Bachmann one because they were way too sexually explicit.  The others, I didn't touch and haven't heard anything from Mikado saying he did either.

How come the moderators never touched that when it was active, but it was deleted when it was bumped?

Touched what when it was active but when it was bumped?  We just got done with a special event at work, so quite honestly, I really hadn't been paying attention much for the past week or so, and had a backlog of reporrted posts.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 03:22:38 PM »

To be honest, I didn't know it was that old.  I don't remember seeing it during the campaign, and didn't check the timestamp (although it did strike me as a bit odd that it was that long already).

So, to answer your original question, it's because I didn't see it - I can't speak for Mikado, but that was the first I noticed it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »

I think they're funny. But they get ruined really easily. Some people need to learn2english.

Coincidentally, the title of this thread is also improperly worded.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 11:34:05 PM »

To be honest, I didn't know it was that old.  I don't remember seeing it during the campaign, and didn't check the timestamp (although it did strike me as a bit odd that it was that long already).

So, to answer your original question, it's because I didn't see it - I can't speak for Mikado, but that was the first I noticed it.

*facepalm*

So you guys really want to ban every post that has "sexually explicit" content ? That will probably take your entire life...

No - and we've been a bit laxed.  But that thread was way over the line.  However, if you really want to complain about me not enforcing the letter of the law every time, I'll be happy to oblige you and start deleting any and all sexually oriented content.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:35:02 PM »

I didn't delete any of them, speaking for myself.

I've been severely tempted in the case of the one to Rochambeau's parents, but I didn't touch it.

So there you have it... 2 people either deleted their own, or Dave Leip or Nym did.  But, Nym hasn't said anything, so I doubt it was him.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »

I think they're funny. But they get ruined really easily. Some people need to learn2english.

Coincidentally, the title of this thread is also improperly worded.

True, but it's not Antonion that usually ruins the letters.....think Polska Kielbasa Wink

Well, the bad grammar isn't as bad a Jr. High using "boner" in his post every single time.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 12:07:25 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

For a forum filled with testosterone?  Off to the priesthood with all of you!  Oh, wait a minute ... Tongue

It's a losing battle Inks against human nature. Smiley

On a more serious note, if I were a mod, the test would be would I be embarrassed if folks whose regard means anything, would read whatever.  Was it in good fun, and reasonably decorous, or just skipping the foreplay?

My intent is certainly NOT to ban any sexually oriented content whatsoever.  My point was that if people are going to complain about it when I do, using the argument that then I should be deleting everything sexual, I'm going to end up crossing over to the ultra conservative moderating rather than laxed moderating.

Me and Mikado have given people a big break with a lot of stuff... if people just complain about the breaks we give, I have no problem cracking down.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »

And as for would I be embarrased by those threads - absolutely.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 12:13:28 AM »

I have never deleted anything from the Hot Girls thread that wouldn't land you a PG-13 rating.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies