John Boehner is a child and he's taking his ball home
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:31:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John Boehner is a child and he's taking his ball home
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: John Boehner is a child and he's taking his ball home  (Read 4469 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2011, 03:28:03 PM »

I'm glad there's no deal. Obama's proposal is terrible. The revenue increases are less than letting the Bush tax cuts expire. How come no one cared about the debt when Obama capitulated on the Bush tax cuts just 7 months ago? That compromise was a budget buster, neither Congressional Republicans nor Obama can claim any notion of giving a rat's ass about the national debt.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »

No, that is not how the system works. It only works that way if you think Dems want to raise the debt ceiling and Republicans don't. That is how many Republicans feel right now. But what we are going to see is either a panic in the Republican caucus or, a few days later, a panic on wall street that forces them to bend, because your Pubbies have drawn a line in the sand against any deal. If you want more evidence to test your theory, here is a lagniappe: consider the influence of the 30th most liberal Dem in the house in 2007.

Again, this is highly irresponsible rhetoric. Wall Street is populated with people on the sunnyside of the Bell Curve. They are fully aware that no default is imminent. Falsely raising the specter of "default" only jeopardizes the credit rating of this county.

The reality is that if a debt ceiling increase was packaged with clean spending cuts agreeable to the House, Senate, and President, our credit outlook would be improved over merely just raising the debt ceiling.

As I said before, Obama is merely deliberately playing brinksmanship in order to raise taxes with the political benefit of having the Republicans in Congress play the role of GWHB breaking a solemn vow to the American people.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2011, 07:07:59 PM »

Yes, I read it.  I don't agree with its spin.  

Then px will discard whatever you said after this sentence.  You must agree with every article he posts, period.

Uhhh...
Isn't that the whole point of posting articles? I mean, how many articles with which you disagree have you posted Grumps?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2011, 07:16:35 PM »

Then px will discard whatever you said after this sentence.  You must agree with every article he posts, period.

Uhhh...
Isn't that the whole point of posting articles? I mean, how many articles with which you disagree have you posted Grumps?

I don't post stupid ones daily, asshole
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 12:42:36 AM »

Uhhh...

I don't post stupid ones daily, asshole

I don't think Cohn's article was stupid. Even if you disagree with his analysis, it was very informative.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies