What will happen to the Asian markets in the first hour of trading today? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:13:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What will happen to the Asian markets in the first hour of trading today? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will happen to the Asian markets in the first hour of trading today?
Up

Down by less than .5%

Down by .5%-1%

Down by 1%-2%

Down by 2%-5%

Down by more than 5%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: What will happen to the Asian markets in the first hour of trading today?  (Read 2841 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: July 24, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »

Given all the hype about the Asian markets tanking in an alleged panic over the slugfest and finger pointing in DC, what do you think will happen today in the first hour of trading? I think next to nothing will happen myself. I think it is hype. I think the markets are being reassured that one way or another, the deficit will shrink, even if dead political bodies are strewn all the way up and down Pennsylvania Ave, leading right into the White House. What do you think?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »

Asian markets are pretty volatile anyways. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a good amount. I am sure Washington will pass at least a half ass plan, but who really knows.

I picked option 2 myself. Down by less than .5%.  And that is because the Asian markets were up by more than that on Friday mostly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies