What will happen to the Asian markets in the first hour of trading today? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:52:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What will happen to the Asian markets in the first hour of trading today? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will happen to the Asian markets in the first hour of trading today?
Up

Down by less than .5%

Down by .5%-1%

Down by 1%-2%

Down by 2%-5%

Down by more than 5%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: What will happen to the Asian markets in the first hour of trading today?  (Read 2808 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: July 24, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »

I don't make predictions of this kind because I don't know enough or follow closely enough to make them.  I do suspect, however, that the two biggest debt-holders, China and Japan, will likely not move much yet.  U.S. bonds are still seen as safer than European ones, given all the unrest there.  China, earlier this year, switched a lot of its Treasury holdings from short-term to longer-term ones.  Japan pulled back its holdings a little after the earthquake in March, but they've ticked up again slightly, and I suspect, though don't know for sure, that their recent buying has been in longer-term holdings too. Besides, talks in Washington are pretty constant now, and Asian governments are probably getting some calls from Washington these days filled with reassurances not to worry too much.   I don't see why there should be that much movement tomorrow, but every day that passes as we approach August 2nd without a deal will make people more and more jittery.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies