Let's Endorse the President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:55:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Let's Endorse the President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Let's Endorse the President  (Read 4900 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2004, 08:36:08 PM »

I would have personally messaged all members of the Freedom Party, but I have instead decided to make this discussion open for all in Atlasia to see, in order to set the precendent that the Freedom Party is not a party of back room deals and secrecy.

I would like to ask that the Freedom Party endorse President PBrunsel in the February elections.  Aside from being a truely good and kind hearted individual, this President shares many of the ideals of the Freedom Party.  Yes, there are differences, but I sense in this President a feeling of opptimism for man kind and trust in the indominable spirit of humanity.

I encourage spirited discussion of this matter by the members of the party.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 08:42:57 PM »

I will also let it be known that I have been given an offer from the Union Party to run a united ticket in February.  If the members of the party want to take this route, I would go along, but I will have you know that I think that this would be a bad idea as it would create an ideologically murkey cooalition that could lead to the downfall of both parties.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 08:54:32 PM »

I would thank the Freedom Party for endorsing me for another term if that is what they chose to do.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 08:56:36 PM »

I would get ahead of ourselves.  This is something that will have to be debated.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 08:58:27 PM »

I would get ahead of ourselves.  This is something that will have to be debated.

If you chose to endorse me than I would be grateful, but it is the choice of your respective party.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 08:59:30 PM »

Aren't endorsements usually so much more effective when they are shortly before the election? And, for that matter, when you know who is running against him or her? Endorsing someone without knowing any of the other candidates probably means no one would be surprised at your endorsement anyway. Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 09:04:40 PM »

Aren't endorsements usually so much more effective when they are shortly before the election? And, for that matter, when you know who is running against him or her? Endorsing someone without knowing any of the other candidates probably means no one would be surprised at your endorsement anyway. Wink

I'm bring this up now so that, if we so choose, we will not run any opposition candidate.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 09:06:08 PM »

True, although endorsing an incumbent is a little different. As long as one thinks the incumbent is doing an excellent job, I can understand being certain in advance that you will support them, regardless of whom the challengers are.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 09:50:53 PM »

King, WMS

I see that you are both on.  Please, let's discuss this.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 10:05:24 PM »

PBrunsel is a GREAT President and I have supported most of his WORK so far, but I THINK it is a little too early to endorse or nominate somebody. I WILL be considering allowing PBrunsel to RUN under the Freedom Party FOR PRESIDENT when that time comes around. Especially when the only person to make an announcement for the office is John and that candidacy is JUST A JOKE
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 10:11:22 PM »

PBrunsel is a GREAT President and I have supported most of his WORK so far, but I THINK it is a little too early to endorse or nominate somebody. I WILL be considering allowing PBrunsel to RUN under the Freedom Party FOR PRESIDENT when that time comes around. Especially when the only person to make an announcement for the office is John and that candidacy is JUST A JOKE
LOL Cheesy Going for the trifecta, oh ex-Senator and ex-SCJ King? Wink
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 10:14:08 PM »

I would, but the trifecta has already been done by Former President/Former SCJ/Senator Nym90
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 10:19:58 PM »

I would, but the trifecta has already been done by Former President/Former SCJ/Senator Nym90

I'd forgotten about his stint on the SCJ. Oh well, all who follow that path will suffer in comparison, I'm sure... Cheesy
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 10:29:22 PM »

I agree that we should wait, but it is something worth discussing now, especially since I have been propositioned by the Union Party.  I think that taking a stand soon would allow us to focus our efforts on the Senate, where we have the best chance of picking up seats.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2004, 10:35:54 PM »

I agree that we should wait, but it is something worth discussing now, especially since I have been propositioned by the Union Party.  I think that taking a stand soon would allow us to focus our efforts on the Senate, where we have the best chance of picking up seats.

King's post was a joke.  Read only the capitalized, bolded letters.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2004, 10:37:16 PM »

The BOLD part was just a joke, the paragraph as a whole is serious.
John

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2004, 10:45:38 PM »

Hey Mr King
you are a Joke
you say My Run is a Joke
Think Aging man
I am in this Race for Good
I will not Drop out
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2004, 10:47:23 PM »

The BOLD part was just a joke, the paragraph as a whole is serious.

True.

I do think that endorsements should be SHUT for a while, given that the question of who the candidates will be is still very much UP in the air.  I think that YOU'RE MAKING a good decision by holding off on them; if it were up to ME, I would wait and LOOK for who the candidates were, because, who knows, one might be so good that PBrunsel is BAD in comparison.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2004, 10:51:40 PM »

Things are different in this instance because PBrunsel is the President.  If this were an open race, I would agree with you.
John

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2004, 10:53:58 PM »

Gabu
i know you Just got vote in & Houner you victory but i need a Person with fire in his bones
will you be on my Team
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 11:01:25 PM »

Gabu
i know you Just got vote in & Houner you victory but i need a Person with fire in his bones
will you be on my Team

sorey i dont have fire in my boens Sad  aske suparsoultey, he has lots
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 11:22:05 PM »

Things are different in this instance because PBrunsel is the President.  If this were an open race, I would agree with you.

My quote was actually entirely a joke intended to be a response to King. Smiley

Still, I dunno, I'm currently leaning towards PBrunsel regardless of my party because I think he's done a great job as President so far and that he's a very honorable, pleasant guy, and I tend not to want to toss out an incumbent if they're doing a good job just to get someone I agree with into power, but I'd still like to see the field of candidates before making a decision one way or another.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2004, 11:23:54 PM »

Why? You don't like aging men now? This guy is unbelievable!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 11:25:03 PM »

No, silly, he wants us all to think of the poor, poor aging men. Sad
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 11:47:21 PM »

After som eoff camera consultation (yes I know, it was secret) the Freedom Party has decided not to endorse any candidate at this time.  That is all.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies