Senator Technicality
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:25:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senator Technicality
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Senator Technicality  (Read 2103 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2004, 10:55:43 PM »
« edited: December 13, 2004, 10:57:30 PM by Senator-Elect Supersoulty »

This will be how I refere to Harry from now on if he wins this challenge.

Edit:  This is, of course, thanks to Harry's habit of winning races through no virtue of his own.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 10:57:19 PM »

Although it may be true, it would be horribly improper for a junior senator such as yourself to address a three-term senator such as Harry in that manner... Wink

But we could use some fire in the senate.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 12:10:33 AM »

haha
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 12:19:43 AM »

LOL
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 12:21:34 AM »

ha
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 12:53:17 AM »

Seriously, grow up....

Is this really helping matters any?
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 12:55:48 AM »

It helps me to laugh about voter fraud.  Otherwise it would just be really, really sad that the Democrats have sunk this low.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 01:13:06 AM »

It helps me to laugh about voter fraud.  Otherwise it would just be really, really sad that the Democrats have sunk this low.

Exactly.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 01:27:17 AM »

It helps me to laugh about voter fraud. Otherwise it would just be really, really sad that the Democrats have sunk this low.

I still fail to see how it's fraud. It was, at the very least, an honest mistake on Democratic Hawk's part. If you truly can't see ANY difference between an honest mistake by a highly respected member of the board and fraud, and if you can't admit that Democrats have even the slightest interest whatsoever in wanting to prevent the disenfranchisement of voters, then it's going to be pretty hard for us to reconcile our differences.

Come on, Don, you are better than this. Do you really think I and my fellow Democrats are stupid, evil, and/or both?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 01:31:36 AM »

I think the "fraud" he's talking about is people trying to make it count, not the vote itself.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 01:33:47 AM »

I think the "fraud" he's talking about is people trying to make it count, not the vote itself.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but this "fraud" was accepted by members of all parties in June, including the then-SOFA, Nation. I failed to notice any objection to it then from Htmldon or others (if someone can provide proof of some, I'll stand corrected).

My how times have changed....
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 01:52:14 AM »

Oh, come on.  Harry got beat, and he won't walk away.  That's so awful its the kind of thing I might do Wink .
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 02:00:02 AM »

Oh, come on. Harry got beat, and he won't walk away. That's so awful its the kind of thing I might do Wink .

I respect your opinion. I don't think there's anything more that I can add about this that I haven't said many times already.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 03:25:40 AM »

If it were not for a the fact Harry already recieved less votes than another one of his write-in challengers and still win the election I'd agree with you... But for the same thing to happen twice is just amazing and its almost impossible to not make a joke out of it.
qwerty
ghwbush
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 05:29:26 AM »

It sure is, you son of a bitch.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 06:20:08 AM »

Edit:  This is, of course, thanks to Harry's habit of winning races through no virtue of his own.
You notice, though, that the Senator Technicality would be WMS (since he wins only if a vote is ruled out on a technicality, while Harry wins if all votes are counted - although that would require disregarding pretty minimum standards...)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 10:07:42 AM »

If it were not for a the fact Harry already recieved less votes than another one of his write-in challengers and still win the election I'd agree with you... But for the same thing to happen twice is just amazing and its almost impossible to not make a joke out of it.

Harry didn't win the election against M. M won, but failed to show up for inauguration. Thus, the seat was declared vacant, and Harry won the special election that followed.

M can't be a Senator if he isn't even on the Forum, as he wasn't at that time. He didn't even declare that he wanted to run, he was just drafted without even knowing it...thus, I hope no one feels that M's victory was perfectly ok morally but that it was morally wrong to vote for the Bulldog on the count of his inactivity. At least Bulldog actually announced his candidacy and was active on the Forum at the time, whereas M had been gone for weeks, never said he wanted to run, and then failed to show up to take the oath. If he had shown up for the oath, I would have had no problem at all with him taking office.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 10:56:49 AM »

LOL Don thats great. Thats defintely going in my sig.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2004, 01:20:33 PM »

Nym, the thing with M's candidacy was that no one but Harry was allwowed to run in the election held afterwards. He won by getting one vote - his own.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2004, 01:26:03 PM »

Nym, the thing with M's candidacy was that no one but Harry was allwowed to run in the election held afterwards. He won by getting one vote - his own.

I agree, that was wrong. I didn't support that decision. Other candidates should have been allowed to run, but I don't think anyone else wanted to at that time, hence why Harry was unopposed in his initial bid until people got the idea to start writing in M.

I disagreed with the decision, but I don't recall anyone else actually wanting to run against Harry. Of course, Atlasia was in its infancy, and there were only 3 voters in that entire election in the Southeast. 2 for M, and 1 for Harry (himself).

And that happened two months before the June election. So I still don't see why you'd be saying that helped contribute to your change of opinion as to whether these types of votes should count.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2004, 03:29:37 PM »

Please everyone remember one thing....this is called Atlas *FANTASY* Elections for a reason Wink

Also, Don that logo is priceless!
TheBulldog
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2004, 03:37:41 PM »

You notice, though, that the Senator Technicality would be WMS (since he wins only if a vote is ruled out on a technicality, while Harry wins if all votes are counted - although that would require disregarding pretty minimum standards...)
What he said
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2004, 03:42:19 PM »

The most amusing part of that entire saga was that Harry conducted the court case to get himself in as though he had some sort of mandate to be in the Senate.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2004, 04:00:58 PM »

The most amusing part of that entire saga was that Harry conducted the court case to get himself in as though he had some sort of mandate to be in the Senate.

Well, he did have one from the AFDNC chairman. Tongue
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2004, 05:01:31 PM »

Well, he did have one from the AFDNC chairman. Tongue

I fail to see what Tweed could have done to affect the result in D4, though I do notice the Tongue in your post so I'm getting too worked up about it.

I agree the Court made a bad decision on that one. Blame Migrendel and MAS.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies