American Nightmare - Finished w/ epilogue
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:30:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  American Nightmare - Finished w/ epilogue
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Poll
Question: Continue?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: American Nightmare - Finished w/ epilogue  (Read 32394 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2011, 06:23:03 AM »

Does anyone else think it's a Stockdale pick?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »

Interesting. Very interesting. Surprised Prueher went with Trump.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2011, 09:18:44 PM »

I find it funny how confident Trump is he's going to win despite Romney leading and Trump being one of two major independent candidates.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »

I find it funny how confident Trump is he's going to win despite Romney leading and Trump being one of two major independent candidates.

It's because he's Trump. Tongue
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2011, 01:40:37 AM »

September 2012

Governor Mitt Romney, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Vice President Gore and Donald Trump all are allowed to participate in the first of three Presidential debates. One Vice Presidential debate is also scheduled.

On Climate Change…

“We all know who the expert on climate change here is…” Mitt Romney says to laughter from the audience “…and I don’t dispute that its happening…we can be more economical and green while reducing the deficit…”

”I care about the environment. I even have a park named after me –why? Because I donated A LOT of money to the environment. – Donald Trump

”Mr. Trump, you’ve said that Vice President Gore should be stripped of his Nobel Peace Prize because climate policy is hurting America’s economy and that climate change is false. Do you still stand by these comments?”

” Gore wants us to clean up our factories and plants in order to protect us from global warming, when China and other countries couldn't care less. Plus, look at all the snow we’ve been getting the past few years. I’m sure a lot of people who don’t own houses in the Carribbean would love it to be warmer.”

”Can I respond to this? Thanks –Donald, without boring the millions of people watching let me assure you that specific weather events do not prove or disprove global warming . Climate change happens over a long period of time. Just because we had a blizzard last week doesn’t mean that climate change isn’t happening. – Former Vice President Gore

On Health Care…

Mitt Romney and Donald Trump tell the audience they are in favor of repealing health care while the Donald asks Romney why he’s in favor of repealing his own creation.

Vice President Gore says improvements can be made to the current bill and that its not perfect –Mayor Bloomberg agrees but says he would repeal some of the tax requirements.

On President Powell…

Gore, Romney and Bloomberg all express support for President Powell while Trump says that he generally likes him but that he “needs to be tougher on China, we’re getting screwed.”

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2011, 02:17:48 AM »

Polling after the first Presidential debate shows that Al Gore won. The Romney camp responds “Vice President Gore has run for President 3 times, and has been the Vice President on a ticket
twice –being good at debates is the only thing he’s gotten good at besides inventing the internet.”

“Mr. President, who will be voting for on Election Day?”
“I think that making an endorsement might hurt some of the things I hope to accomplish so I’ll stay out of this one.”

“Mr. Vice President, who will you be voting for on Election Day?”
“I believe President Powell had a great answer to this question earlier today.”

September 12th 2012

ASSOCIATED PRESS: North Korea, early this morning, attacked South Korean forces on the defacto border between their two countries. South Korea has called it an act of war and pledges to “bring down the entire North Korean regime.” The United States has responded with more airstrikes.

Congressional leaders are calling for President Powell to quickly seek Congressional approval for continued airstrikes and blockades against North Korea. President Powell quickly stated that he sees US forces only intervening in a defensive capacity in South Korea which he adds “hopefully won’t be necessary.”

President Powell has also proposed a bill to Congress that would overhaul the education system in the country. President Powell and Secretary of Education Jeb Bush called for its passage by Congress immediately. Harry Reid and Peter King have promised to take up the bill.

September 17th 2012

Congress authorizes the use of the US Navy and Airforce on North Korea…the US Attorney General said the authorization was “nice but not necessary.”

China condemns the continued airstrikes on North Korea…Secretary of State Dick Lugar responds that “China can help bring peace to the Korean peninsula or antagonize and help a totalitarian regime who’s people are dying in the thousands daily from malnutrition and starvation…”

October 8th 2012

The largest overhaul in the US Education system since No Child Left Behind is passed in Congress by 63-30 in the Senate and by 235 – 200 in the House with about 40 Republicans crossing over to vote yes. Paul Krugman and other influential pundits call the new law a “true legislative masterpiece…”

The same night, the second Presidential debate occurs and the theme is National Security but Education is also discussed. Bloomberg and Romney both support the President’s education bill but Al Gore has some concerns but says it “points America’s children in the right direction.” Trump thinks the bill is a bunch of political giveaways.

All the candidates support full withdrawals from Iraq and Afghanistan with certain disclaimers –mainly if Generals on the ground ask otherwise.

At the end of the debate polls show that Gore won the debate by a larger margin than the previous.

October 16th 2012

The Vice Presidential Debate. Jon Huntsman and Tom Coburn come off as dry while Jim Webb jumps with enthusiasm. Joseph Prueher performs better than expected but Americans are still unfamiliar with him. Polls show that Huntsman or Webb won the debate.

Justice Anthony Kennedy announces that he will be retiring from his post before the years end due to health concerns in his family.

October 23rd 2012

In the last Presidential debate, the candidates make their final plea for why Americans should elect them, respectively, as the next President of the United States. The debate doesn’t change the race at all, but solidifies existing thoughts about the candidates. Bloomberg is seen as winning this debate according to polls.

Mid-October Head to Head Polling:

Romney/Coburn: 30 %
Bloomberg/Huntsman: 29%
Gore/Webb: 28%
Trump/Prueher: 7%
Not Sure: 6%

NEXT: Election Night 2012 & the American Nightmare continues. Any predictions?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2011, 07:46:24 AM »

Romney or Bloomberg. Tough.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2011, 07:49:23 AM »

I'm predicting no electoral college majority and a fractious contingent election in the House that undermines the legitimacy of whoever comes out on...we'll call it 'top', for now.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2011, 09:35:43 AM »

Ironically, Bloomberg is to Romney's right on climate change & environment.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »

Being 1/2% behind does not put Gore out of the running.

I meant in reference as to who I would vote for.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2011, 10:27:30 PM by sirnick »

**Spoilers in this update if you haven't read prior...**

ELECTION NIGHT 2012

Vice President Albert J. Gore Jr of Tennessee/ Senator James H. Webb Jr of Virginia – Democratic Party – 212 Electoral Votes –  40,052,014  (31.51%) Popular Votes

Governor Willard Mitt Romney of Massachusetts / Senator Thomas A. Coburn of Oklahoma – Republican Party -- 213 Electoral Votes – 36,809,829 (28.96%) Popular Votes

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York / Governor Jon M. Huntsman of Utah – Independent – 114 Electoral Votes – 37,020,432 (29.13%) Popular Votes

Donald J. Trump of New York / Admiral Joseph Prueher of Connecticut – Independent – 0 Electoral Votes, 13,211,305 (10.39% ) Popular Votes

Other – 1.01%

Pundits: Well, it looks like the House of Representatives will be choosing the President…Vice President Gore has once again lost the Electoral College and won the popular vote…no candidate has secured a majority of the Electoral College but Mitt Romney leads the former Vice President by one electoral vote. Mitt Romney is in third place for the popular vote, following behind Mayor Bloomberg.

This time around, Al Gore has safely carried Florida. I’m sure out of everything that’s happened tonight he’s happy about that.

It’s clear tonight that the winner is not Donald Trump who came in last and took home zero Electoral Votes…

The White House has said that President Powell will speak to the nation regarding the election…
“We came in third place in the popular vote? Are you joking?”

“No, Governor –you came in third place. We have a plurality in the Electoral College, those are the rules of the game.”

“Its not important when we don’t have a majority and the lead is only one while on top of that we came in THIRD. By how many votes did we lose?”

“Our internal estimates put it around two hundred thousand to Bloomberg…about 3 million to Gore..”

“Super.”

“But we won Massachusetts.”

“America, this time you won’t hear a concession from Al Gore. We are the winners here tonight –we have won a plurality of the popular vote –by over 3 million of your votes --and there is no winner in the Electoral College. Don’t let your representatives put another George W. Bush in office. You tell them to vote for the Gore/Webb ticket, winners of the popular vote, when they cast their votes for a new President.” – Al Gore on Election Night

”The Constitution says that the candidate who wins a majority of the Electoral College wins the Presidency. Tonight we have more electoral votes than any other candidate. These aren’t my rules, these are the rules the country was founded on. They make not be perfect but you don’t change the rules halfway through the game. We’ve won more states than any other candidate, and we expect for the House delegations to vote for the winner of their own states.” -  Governor Mitt Romney addressing supporters.

”Seriously? None of you could win outright? After everything that’s happened in the past year this is what we get? I can’t ask any of you to drop out and endorse anyone else but it would be in the best interest of the country if that happened.” – President Powell on a conference call with the candidates for President

”Tonight, America has heard us and I’m still going to be very rich. – Donald Trump quasi-conceding the election.

”Congress has a chance to do something different. They can elect a Democrat or a Republican –but look where they’ve gotten us –high unemployment, so many wars I can’t count anymore, economic turmoil and a third world education system. The country needs an independent to get it back on track” – Michael Bloomberg addressing supporters.

SENATE RESULTS:

Connecticut: Democrat Chris Murphy defeats his challenger. (D-hold)
Hawaii: Ed Case defeats his Republican challenger (D-hold)
New Mexico: Martin  Heinrich wins (D-hold)
North Dakota: Rick Berg defeats Jack Dalrymple (R-pick up)
Virginia: Tim Kaine defeats George Allen (D-hold)
Wisconsin: Tommy Thompson defeats Tammy Baldwin (R-pick up)
California: Feinstein is reelected (D-hold)
Delaware: Tom Carper is reelected (D-hold)
Florida: Bill Nelson is reelected (D-hold)
Maryland: Cardin is reelected (D-hold)
Michigan: Pete Hoekstra defeats Debbie Stabenow (R-pick up)
Minnesota: Amy Klobuchar is reelected (D-hold)
Missouri: MacCaskill is reelected (D-hold)
Montana: Marc Racicot defeats Jon Tester (R-pick up)
Nebraska: Jon Bruning defeats Ben Nelson (R-pick up)
New Jersey: Menendez is reelected (D-hold)
New York: Gillibrand is is reelected (D-hold)
Ohio: Brown is is reelected (D-hold)
Pennsylvania: Casey is reelected (D-hold)
Rhode Island: Whitehouse is is reelected (D-hold)
Vermont: Sanders is reelected (D-hold)
Washington: Cantwell is reelected (D-hold)
West Virginia: Manchin is reelected (D-hold)

Arizona:  Jeff Flake is elected (R-hold)
Texas:  Chet Edwards is elected (D-pick up)
Indiana: Joe Donnelly defeats Dick Mourdock (D-pick up)
Maine: Snow is reelected (R-hold)
Massachusetts: Brown is reelected (R-hold)
Nevada: Heller is reelected (R-hold)
Tennessee: Phil Bredesen defeats Bob Corker (D-pick up)
Utah: Jim Matheson defeats Orrin Hatch (D-pick up)
Wyoming: Barroso is reelected (R-hold)

Senate Composition 2013-2015:

Democrats: 52 (-1) *Includes one independent
Republicans: 48 (+1)

House of Representatives Composition 2013-2015:

Republicans: 218 (-24)
Democrats: 217 (+24)

Speaker King: ”The new Congress will choose the President.”

Pundits: Most pundits predict the first round of voting in the House will be 7 votes for Romney, 7 votes for Gore, and the rest of the states voting in-bloc will be up in the air.

Powell: ”There is no need for calls of panic or crisis. The Constitution has ways of handling these problems –we’ve used them before and we’ll use them again. The New House of Representatives will vote in-bloc by state on a President out of the top 3 Electoral vote earners (Romney, Gore, Bloomberg)…and the Senate will choose the Vice President from the top two  Electoral vote earner (Coburn, Webb)…As always, I urge Americans to have patience…the transition, even through these tumultuous times will be as seamless as possible…”

**Spoilers in this update if you haven't read prior...**
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2011, 10:29:28 PM »

Even in your scenario Donnelly would still get beat. That senate seat is a SAFE GOP seat. It's not moving period.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2011, 10:34:32 PM »

Even in your scenario Donnelly would still get beat. That senate seat is a SAFE GOP seat. It's not moving period.

Debbie Stabenow's seat is pretty safe too but I thought it'd be fun to throw an upset or two into the mix. Out of all the things I've done in this scenario, you complain about that. You're no fun.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2011, 11:08:26 PM »

It would be more fun if you switched around Massachusetts and Tennessee, it would still have the same EV total but just be a punch in the face to both Gore and Romney.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2011, 11:15:16 PM »

Post-Election Day:
New York Post: 2000 ALL OVER AGAIN –BUT WORSE

New York Times: WHO WILL 48 BE?

Drudge Report: Trump loses, America win
s.

Wall Street Journal: Markets drop after post-election drama

Associated Press: Sources say each campaign, Gore, Bloomberg and Romney –are preparing transition teams and beginning to form their administrations –however, few are confident of their own candidate’s chances to win the White House in the House of Representatives….
President Powell is facing increased criticism that he should endorse a candidate and push Congress to go in one direction over the other. Sources inside the White House say they don’t know who the President voted for.

Post-Election Polls…

Poll: By what criteria do you want your House delegation to vote for President?

Winner of my state’s popular vote: 28%
Winner of the national popular vote: 39%
Whoever has the most electoral votes: 16%
Don’t know/not sure: 17%

Powell Approval:

Approve: 69%
Disapprove: 24%

In your eyes who won the Presidential election…

Gore: 47%
Romney: 26%
Bloomberg: 3%
Trump: >1%
Not Sure/Don’t Know: 23%

Anderson Cooper: ”Endorsing anyone in a no win situation for the President…he may seem like he’s going against the Constitution if he endorses Gore, and he’ll seem like he’s going against the best wishes of the American electorate if he endorses Romney…endorsing Bloomberg wouldn’t make sense unless the President really wanted to throw all his political chips behind the Mayor…”[/b]

Donald Trump’s Best States:

1.   South Carolina – 26%
2.   New Hampshire – 23%
3.   Louisiana – 22%
4.   Texas – 21%
5.   Nebraska – 18%

Donald Trump’s Worst States:

1.   Hawaii – 3%
2.   Washington DC – 3%
3.   Ohio – 4%
4.   Vermont – 5%
5.   Rhode Island – 5%

”Do you think the country needs me now? This would not have happened if I were still President.”
“Sit down and shutup, Dad.”

January 2013

Voting commences in the 113th Congress for a new President and Vice President…

First Vote for President (26 needed to win)Sad

GORE:  6
•   Connecticut (state voted for Bloomberg), Delaware, Hawaii, Rhode Island (state voted for Bloomberg),, Maine (state voted for Romney), Vermont (state voted for Bloomberg),

ROMNEY:  9
•   Alaska, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Idaho, South Dakota, Kansas, Wyoming
BLOOMBERG: 0

ABSTAIN/NOT VOTING: 35

SIMULATENOUSLY IN THE SENATE…

Vice Presidential Vote – 51 to win:

WEBB: 51
COBURN:  49

James Webb will be the next Vice President of the United States…

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2011, 11:45:49 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2011, 11:53:13 PM by sirnick »

After 192 rounds of voting in the House of Representatives, lasting several days, President Powell issues a statement on the matter after Romney and Gore deadlocked at 20 states each with Bloomberg at zero (who also privately conceded the race).

”I have privately urged my own Congressional delegation to vote for the winner of the national popular vote…I would urge other Americans to do the same –but because I endorse the winner of the popular vote, but because I think it that choice is the best for the future of this country.” – President Colin Powell

193rd Vote for President…

GORE:  26

•   Connecticut (state voted for Bloomberg), Delaware, Hawaii, Rhode Island (state voted for Bloomberg), Maine (state voted for Romney), Vermont (state voted for Bloomberg),  California, Washington (voted for Bloomberg), Oregon (voted for Bloomberg), New York (voted for Bloomberg) , Massachusetts (voted for Romney), Maryland, Virginia, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, New Jersey (voted for Bloomberg), Colorado (voted for Romney), New Mexico (voted for Romney), Wisconsin (voted for Romney), Pennsylvania (voted for Romney), Nevada, (voted for Romney)

ROMNEY:  24

•   Alaska, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Idaho, South Dakota, Kansas, Wyoming, Utah, Alabama, Ohio, Florida (state voted for Gore),  South Carolina, Louisiana,  Mississippi, Oklahoma, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Michigan, Texas (voted for Bloomberg), Arizona, Georgia (voted for Gore),

BLOOMBERG: 0

Albert A. Gore, Jr will be the 48th President of the United States.

Epilogue

November 25, 2040…

“I’m glad she won the election. I voted for her. In my old age, I’ve looked back…and I want to say this…I’m sorry for what I did to the Presidency…the turmoil I put the country into…I should have stepped down sooner –but you know what, maybe if I did the right thing we wouldn’t be here today…we’ve come so far since 2012…I was blinded by pain, sadness and depression then…I hope the President-elect can learn from my mistakes…I’m genuinely glad for the service that Colin Powell performed for this country…I was always a Lincoln fan…now I’m a Powell fan. – former President John Boehner in an interview…he is 90 years old.

January 20, 2041

A cold and snowy January morning...the President-elect is standing in her office saying goodbye to senior intelligence officials who have just briefed her. In a few short hours the, now former, Governor will be sworn in as the 53rd President of the United States…

“Madam President-elect...your mother is here to see you.”

“Don’t keep her waiting, send her right in”

“Certainly.”

The President-elect’s mother walks in as gracefully as ever. Most people commented that the President-elect looked like a younger version of her mother…

“Your father would be proud to be here today.”

“I know he would. I want to do for this country what he couldn’t.”

“He believed in you and your sister. You don’t know how proud I am. He’s looking down  on you today.”

“You think so?”

“I know so.”

“I miss him.”

“So do I.”

As the mother and daughter embraced for the last time before their snowy appearance at the United States Capitol, the President-elect escorted her mother out of her office and walked into her Chief of Staff’s office.

“I can’t believe we’re here now.”

“You better believe it, we’ve got a lot to do.”

“So much to do. I just wanted to thank you before I went out there. I appreciate everything you’ve done.”

“I serve at the pleasure of the President…elect” the incoming Chief of Staff paused for a second before she added the final word then the President-elect and her Chief of Staff shared a laugh together before the President left to attend pre-inaugural ceremonies.

Noon – January 20, 2041…

“My fellow Americans…I promise to you here today, that I will work hard to make this country better, I will work hard to for everyone one of you…I know my father is looking down on not only me, but this country today and he is proud of the direction has gone in. –and its thanks to the hard work  of every American here right now and every American that has come before us…”
– Malia Ann Obama, the 53rd President of the United States…

Presidents of the United States

44 –  Barack H. Obama -  January 20, 2009 – November 11, 2011
45 – Joseph R. Biden* – November 11, 2011

46 – John A. Boehner** – November 11, 2011 – June 2nd, 2012
47 – Colin L. Powell*** – June 3rd, 2012 – January 20, 2013

48 – Albert A. Gore, Jr – January 20, 2013 – January 20, 2021
49 – David H. Patraeus – January 20, 2021 – January 20, 2029
50 – Marco A. Rubio – January 20, 2029 – January 20, 2033

51 – Corey Booker – January 20, 2033 – January 20, 2037
52 – Ken Cuccinelli - January 20, 2037 – January 20, 2041
53-   Malia A. Obama – January 20, 2041 – January 20, 2049

*Length of term is uncertain. Technically ascended to Presidency after the death of the 44th President.
**Ascended as Speaker to the Presidency
***Ascended to Presidency as Speaker due to vacancy in the Vice Presidency after Boehner resigned.

Vice Presidents of the United States

47 – Joseph R. Biden – January 20, 2009 – November 11, 2011
Vacant – November 11, 2011 – Present
48 – Samuel A. Nunn, Jr – June 18, 2012 – January 20, 2013
49 – James H. Webb – January 20, 2013 – January 20, 2017
50 – Kirsten E. Gillibrand – January 20, 2017 – January 20, 2021

51 – Marco A. Rubio – January 20, 2021 – January 20, 2029
52 – Aaron Schock – January 20, 2021 – September 8, 2022

Vacant – September 8, 2022 – October 15, 2022
53 – Nikki Haley – October 15, 2022 – January 20, 2033
54 – Kamala Harris – January 20, 2033 – January 20, 2037
55 –  Derek Schmidt- January 20, 2037 – January 20, 2041
56 – Katrina Schweitzer – January 20, 2041 – January 20, 2049

Losing Tickets:

2008 – John McCain/Sarah Palin
2012 – Gov. Mitt Romney/Sen. Tom Coburn, Mayor Michael Bloomberg/Gov. Jon Huntsman, Donald Trump/Adm. Joseph Pruehler
2016 – Gov. Chris Christie/Gov. Susana Martinez
2020 – Vice President Kirsten Gillibrand/Gov. Gavin Newsom
2024 – Gov. Gavin Newsom/Sen. Tim Ryan
2028 – Sen. Chet Edwards/ Sen. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
2032 – President Marco Rubio/Vice President Nikki Haley
2036 – President Corey Booker/Vice President Martin Heinrich
2040 – President Ken Cuccinelli/Vice President Derek Schmidt
2044 - Governor Jeffrey Powell/Senator Avrie Reynolds
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »

At least Debbie goes down & we get Hoekstra!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2011, 01:40:55 PM »

If Kuchinelli and Rubio are to be future Presidents, then I can say I met 2 Presidents XD.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2011, 02:47:39 PM »

Very good job.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2011, 02:51:38 AM »

Random...

My little version of what President Corey Booker's defeat would have looked like to Ken Cuccinelli...in my mind Booker was the favorite and Cuccinelli won in an upset...

(In 2012 numbers - 270 to 268)

And then my version of what Malia Obama's win would have been...

(In 2012 numbers 451 to 87)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2011, 09:13:52 AM »

Has there been any shift in the two parties, such as, say, the Republicans breaking into industrial states while the Democrats go into the South West?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »

I was thinking, if I really wanted to hold true to the title of the timeline, I would have had Mitt Romney win in the House of Representatives. The American electorate would scream bloody murder, 2000 all over again but much worse. His Presidency would never get off the ground --and international leaders may even refuse to work with Romney having come in third in the popular vote....
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2011, 02:07:39 PM »

Awesome twist ending. I know I'm late but I haven't checked up on this timeline in awhile.

Phenomenal job.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »

Awesome twist ending. I know I'm late but I haven't checked up on this timeline in awhile.

Phenomenal job.

Thanks! This was one of my favorite ones to write.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies