American Nightmare - Finished w/ epilogue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:17:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  American Nightmare - Finished w/ epilogue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Continue?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: American Nightmare - Finished w/ epilogue  (Read 32420 times)
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« on: July 26, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »

I hope you finish this timeline but I'm not holding my breath.
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:33:06 AM »

And looking forward to more.

The confirmation hearings for VPOTUS nominee Bentley (if any) will be acrimonious and make for great soundbites on CNN
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »

January 2011
The Republican campaigns restart, although a bit awkwardly given the absence of a Democratic nominee or a Democrat in the White House…

The FBI says it is finalizing its report on the assassinations. The report will say that the FBI has found no strong or compelling evidence that Lucas Charley was part of an organized plot to kill the President and Vice President and that Charley suffered from severe psychological issues.
Many Americans feel unsatisfied by the report –this feeling like there was more to it and that this horrible act couldn’t just be a random act of violence. Americans had heard Lucas Charley’s story but it was not a unique story in the Great Recession. Many Americans had lost their jobs and resorted to working below their pay grade –but they didn’t turn to violence.

President Boehner’s approval continues to fall –he is now overwhelmingly disliked by a majority of independents and Democrats. His support amongst Republicans is barely at a majority. 62% of adult Americans say that Boehner should have appointed a Democratic Vice President…18% think he did the right thing by appointing a Republican and the remainder have no opinion or are unsure.

Both domestically and internationally there are crises looming on the horizon that President Boehner has yet to address. The initial shock from the assassination, while still a horrible image in everyone’s mind, is beginning to wear off.

“The President needs to appoint a Democrat and then step down. This is nothing personal against Governor Bentley –but I will not vote to confirm a Republican Vice President.” – Senator John McCain, 2008 Republican Nominee for President.

January 4th 2011

President Boehner attends his first event outside the White House that isn’t a funeral a reporter yells “WILL YOU RUN FOR PRESIDENT?!” President Boehner stops, looks at the reporter and replies “You know what, I have nothing left to lose. Why not?”

Boehner’s Press Secretary quickly hears about the comment and approaches Chief of Staff Barry Jackson

“You need to walk him back Barry. He can’t run for President. He’s in such emotional turmoil –its obvious to everyone who works here, it’s obvious to the Press that come in and out of the White House –and the only reason they haven’t hit him on it is because they feel bad.”

“If the President wants to run for President then we’re going to help and guide him.”

“You hired me telling me that this was a temporary gig. You said it would last a few months –tops. I don’t want any part of the sh**t-storm that’s going to come.”

“If you feel you can’t serve…”

“Feel I can’t serve? HE CAN’T SERVE! Are you completely ignorant? You couldn’t find a Vice President, and now you’re having trouble finding anyone willing to be in the Cabinet. Take the hint. I quit”

A little while later Hillary Clinton sits down for a scheduled interview…

“Madam, thank you for your time. Finally I want to ask you –who do you think the President’s nominee for Vice President should have been?”

“First and foremost it should have been a Democrat because President Obama was a Democrat. I worked closely with him for three years and I know that he would have wanted it that way. President Boehner knew Barack’s wishes as well but he ignored them.”

“Any names in mind that would have been good?”

“Well, here’s one worth discussing –although I’m unsure if he’s eligible or not under the Constitution –but the 22nd Amendment allows someone to serve 10 years as President…less than half of one President’s term and two more elected terms as President…my husband would be a great choice to finish out President Obama’s last year in office. Not only does he have the experience to do it –it would be the safest thing anyone could do. You know exactly what you’re getting and he doesn’t need training wheels.”

“Who would you support for the Democratic nominee then in 2012?”

“Gosh, I don’t know but it would allow for a competitive primary.”

Don't you mean 2012?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies