Chapter Three: Buckets of Warm Piss
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:42:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Chapter Three: Buckets of Warm Piss
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Chapter Three: Buckets of Warm Piss  (Read 24148 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2012, 08:56:05 PM »

Cath's Cartoon Corner

Ambassador Cathcon is The People's political cartoonist and a former Mideast Assemblyman. He was recently hired by The People and looks forward to a long career with them.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 04:50:53 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2012, 04:52:44 PM by Irish Dixiecrat »

Your new Political Analyst will have a copyright free (for all you hater of MLA formats and Works Cited) article up sometime this weekend over the latest court controversy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »

Your new Political Analyst will have a copyright free (for all you hater of MLA formats and Works Cited) article up sometime this weekend over the latest court controversy.

That will do. Remember, you need not announce prior to your publishing on an article. Listen to The People. They will speak to your heart. They are the voice within.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »

I expect nothing less than the best pro-administration propaganda. Grin
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:59 PM »

I expect nothing less than the best pro-administration propaganda. Grin

That all depends on the patronage the administration is willing to give The People.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2012, 08:39:53 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2012, 08:54:41 AM by Irish Dixiecrat »

Vote Early, Vote Often, It Doesn't Matter Your Vote Won't Count!
The Tweedist Manifesto and the Case for the Defense of Atlasian Democracy
By Mechaman:

In these recent days the people of Atlasia are facing the most ultimate of grand trial cases in the History of the nation.  A trial case, launched after the end of an election, that would in effect attack and destroy everything that our fair democracy holds dear by handing the authority of election from the hands of The People into the hands of a few people on the Supreme Court.  Never before have we seen such a blatant act of tyranny than the case launched by the so-called "Young Tweed" that seems to laugh in the face of our liberal democracy and the right of the people to decide for their own who leads this nation.
And earlier this week, the person they democratically elected of their own free will and cognition to serve as President, was Napoleon of the Northeast.  Whatever your feelings of Napoleon as a person or your disagreements of his public policy, any real citizen of these Atlasian states must stand by the legal and binding election of a plurality of the people of this nation for his election as President.  Also earlier this week, the Honorable Kalwejt was elected Vice President, also with the verification of a plurality of the citizens of this nation.
I did not vote for Napoleon and Kalwejt.  In fact, I gave them fourth preference.  In hindsight, considering this rape of our legal system, I consider this a grave mistake.
I will admit, I have not been the biggest fan of the Napoleon campaign's approach.  There were times when I found him lacking in humility and respect for his opponents.  Maybe this did impact how I voted.  In fact, it did.  To say it "might have" or anything less than that would be a bold faced lie.
However, my personal opinions about the man Napoleon can not be used to dictate who becomes President and who doesn't!  I am but a lowly man, a common Atlasian, in the grand scheme of this system!  I carry no more democratic authority than any other man.  My candidate lost, but I bear no ill will towards this system, this liberal democratic system that ensures the right of the people to elect for themselves, BY PLURALITY, the men and women who lead this nation and dictate it's legislative policies!  I dare not, for any damned reason, dream to make a mockery out of it!
Which is why I stand by the democratic decision of the voters of this nation and denounce and defame the Tweedist agenda post election.
The Election of both of these men were decided in the most legal and Atlasian of ways, the voting booth.  The voting booth by which all free men and women have the right and privilege to decide best which form of governance suits them the best.  That form of governance they voted for was a proven record of reform and duty.  That form of governance they voted for was a proven record of honesty, integrity, and principle.  They did not come close to supporting the Tweedist Manifesto.  In fact, the Tweedist Manifesto was soundly rebutted by The People!  By large margins!
What this author wonders is what makes the esteemed Sir Tweed fit to run this nation anyway?  If Napoleon, a proven man with a proven record of defending the right of the Atlasian citizen to vote and in opposition to corrupt practices, can not serve the "public welfare", what makes Tweed feel more qualified to do so?  Not only does he lack the conviction of truth and decency exhibited by candidate Napoleon, the Tweed Manifesto was overwhelmingly crushed in the electoral count.  The voice of The People have spoken Tweed, and you aren't, and probably won't ever be, the leader of the free world.
What I find the most shocking is that, in Mr. Tweed's case, never once did he bring up the possibility of vote invalidation or coercive tactics once!  Not once!  Usually, when these sorts of cases arise the plaintiff claims some sort of voter fraud.  Well, to the mind of Young Tweed it seems that the only voter fraud going on is the voter voting!
What exactly is this Tweedist Manifesto you ask?  Why it's the most anti-democracy anti-Atlasian movement in the history of this nation.  It is radicalism, it is sedition, it is treachery, it is a mockery of The People!  This is nothing less than a full on power coup by a desperate megalomaniac with Messianic grand delusions to take power by the abuse of our legal system.  A Tweedist likes free will up to the point that it benefits him.  A Tweedist likes the right to vote, as long as it results in him winning.  A Tweedist in effect hates the rights and liberties of the people of this nation that have been guaranteed by our forefathers since time immemorial.
Anybody who gives a damn about this nation will join us, The People, in opposing this blatant hatred of Atlasian customs professed by Sir Tweed.
I could say more here, but really Homelycooking, our esteemed head of the Department of Federal Elections and another person who has proven himself worthy of being called a "hero of reform", being instrumental in the turn around in the Northeast that has been the talk of the nation for over a year, really said it all in his appeal before the Courts.  No finer public official has there been found than Homelycooking, who has proven himself beyond the call of duty in his position as the DoFE.  His testimony in favor of democracy should not be discounted and should stand in time as one of the greatest speeches in favor or our system of governance than as any in the history of this nation.
This is more than a case of whether or not Napoleon or Tweed should be our President, this goes to the very foundations!  To the very cornerstones of this nation's system of democracy and free choice and liberty and freedom.  If the Court decides to side with Sir Tweed it will have committed a most grievous crime against the people of this nation.  It will have effectively taken control over the this nation, effectively destroying the right to vote of every citizen.  Elections will become formalities, elections will become meaningless.  The People will be destroyed by the onslaught of judicial decision at the behest of a Tyrant.
I, and many others in this nation, wholeheartedly oppose this madman.
So join us, in this grand movement to defend Atlasian Democracy and donate to the National Council for the Restoration of Democracy (NCRD, though admittedly I would replace "Restoration" with "Defense", given that the Courts haven't turned their backs on us yet) and other organizations fighting to make sure that what has happened in many fallen nations doesn't happen here.

I would also like to take this time to thank my colleague Cathcon, for providing with us the most appropriate cartoon for this grand crisis we find ourselves in.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2012, 10:51:15 AM »

Sorry Mech, I believe that comparing records is a more honest campaign than petty personal attacks in the groupchat from other campaigns. I take full responsibility for focusing on the issues.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2012, 07:10:48 PM »

I appreciate it, but would prefer an opportunity to clarify campaign events to an apology.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »

I appreciate it, but would prefer an opportunity to clarify campaign events to an apology.

Well, I guess it's more of a perception that you lacked some tact in the debate thread.  Like, Clarence and Oakvale wanted to discuss policy and what not with you and you were like "lame debate wtf!"

That's probably the most obvious one I can point out.

I don't know man, I just didn't like some of the tone of the campaign.  Sh*t, I don't really like this game to begin with but I still put up with it despite it making me hate other people.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2012, 07:31:13 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2012, 07:33:39 PM by Napoleon, President-elect »

The debate was lame. Compare the "debate" we had here to the February 2012 debate, structured and moderated by GM Shua. This debate completely flew in the face of the entire campaign. It was an opportunity for candidates who didn't discuss policy much during the campaign to answer generic questions with their positions on issues that may or may not be important to the campaign. This isn't a Political Matrix test. A debate should give you insight to what each candidate would actually do as President, and the timing and structure of the debate did not allow it. I tried to organize a series of debates over the course of the campaign, other candidates were less willing to participate. If those candidates wanted to talk about policy, they had 2 whole months to do so. That they decided not to is no one's fault but their own. Frankly, that was the worst excuse for a debate imaginable and I will not participate in a debate like that again for any office.

Forgive me for my frustration that people were willing to entertain a candidacy that did the bulk of its campaigning through personal attacks in the IRC (joined by many others as you may be aware of), provided very few policy proposals, and couldn't even answer how his platform would differ from mine when asked. Oh, and the last time we elected him, he resigned without doing anything. Even ignoring the hateful things said about me behind the scenes by the little chatroom crew, I had to deal with the now-removed rantings of yourself and Snowstalker.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2012, 07:44:45 PM »

The IRC seems like a gift from hell - glad I don't go on their anymore.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »

Okay man, you're angry at the world because we bent you over and screwed you.

Sorry, here's the $500 we owed you but didn't pay up because we lost it in Craps.

Trust that im not angry. I am disappointed that I did not get to enjoy the thorough debating of issues candidates of the past enjoyed, but I tried. I'm only taking issue with the idea that an off-forum negative campaign of personal attacks shouldn't be questioned for its approach.
Otherwise I agree with the Vice President.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »

The IRC seems like a gift from hell - glad I don't go on their anymore.
That's because you're a wet rag.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2012, 12:39:43 AM »

The debate was lame. Compare the "debate" we had here to the February 2012 debate, structured and moderated by GM Shua. This debate completely flew in the face of the entire campaign. It was an opportunity for candidates who didn't discuss policy much during the campaign to answer generic questions with their positions on issues that may or may not be important to the campaign. This isn't a Political Matrix test. A debate should give you insight to what each candidate would actually do as President, and the timing and structure of the debate did not allow it. I tried to organize a series of debates over the course of the campaign, other candidates were less willing to participate. If those candidates wanted to talk about policy, they had 2 whole months to do so. That they decided not to is no one's fault but their own. Frankly, that was the worst excuse for a debate imaginable and I will not participate in a debate like that again for any office.

Forgive me for my frustration that people were willing to entertain a candidacy that did the bulk of its campaigning through personal attacks in the IRC (joined by many others as you may be aware of), provided very few policy proposals, and couldn't even answer how his platform would differ from mine when asked. Oh, and the last time we elected him, he resigned without doing anything. Even ignoring the hateful things said about me behind the scenes by the little chatroom crew, I had to deal with the now-removed rantings of yourself and Snowstalker.
I probably posted a few rants about this, but disillusionment with the system lead me to vote for the candidate that wants to destroy it. You guys had plenty of times to arrange a debate that would be on irc/skype/youtube whatever new technology you wanted to use and could be real time and engaging. In the end I decided to vote for oak over you because his positions are more clear to me because of engagement in IRC. Also excuse my generalizations but you also took a hardline bureaucratic stance only focusing on your favorite issues(typically the normal ones held by US liberals), and generally unwilling to engage in meaningful dialogue.  I'll say that I'm prepared to work with both administrations, as the current right-wing senate is completely unacceptable and almost destroyed the public education system and has a certain extremist in it who submits troll bills all the time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 01:08:02 AM »

Well, I preferenced neither of the candidates involved in this case. Grin
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2012, 02:03:57 AM »

Senator Seatown, I am happy to hear that. I am prepared to work with anyone to put this nation on the right track. I do have some disappointments regarding my campaign but I think some of the relationships lost are more important than what is in the past. We all need to move on and work together to accomplish this. Now, my administration will be taking a hardline stance on positive political discourse. I have tried to ensure my Cabinet choices can be trusted to hold a higher standard, and this applies equally to myself and Kalwejt. I have faith that we can bring this game to new heights, as the Northeast region has. Governor Nix is doing a wonderful job not only continuing what I have built but expanding on it and even improving on it. Cheesy

Seatown, as someone who wants to work with you as a partner I must say that the goal of my campaign was to get people to vote for me based on my record of service and my vision for the future alike. You weren't around when I was a Senator so you may not be familiar with my record as well as others are but I encourage you to check it out. There was a reason I emphasized it more than anything else. I balance my ideology with pragmatism because it has proven to be effective. I am not a strong partisan (Labor gained a seat in the Senate because I found a good candidate!). Grin I am looking forward to an exciting administration. Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2012, 02:40:10 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2012, 08:21:20 AM by Irish Dixiecrat »

Well, I still intend to defend my position on the Election of President Sensitive Sally, even if he's proving every word said about him in the IRC "hate filled" chats true.  If you think that all we do is sit around in the IRC and talk about how lame your attitude is you grossly overestimated how much we care about this game (no, that isn't a mistype).  This game isn't God to a lot of us, it's just that. . . . it's just a game.
YOu want to know what I said about you in chat?  I said you were a "f***ing hardon" (considering your attitude, probably pretty accurate really) and other sh*t.  If you really knew me you would know that is what I say about everybody in the IRC Chat.  I even call Dallasfan on occasion a "c***f****er".  Oh and also, I pointed out the obvious observation by more than a few of us that you were acting like an asshole!
So did Oakvale, Clarence, Snowstalker, Yelnoc, and most everyone else.
And then we start talking about State's Rights candidates in Maine, something about "accidental gay dating", mod tyranny, timeline stuff, some female celebrity's ass, etc. etc. etc.  This is the typical IRC Chat.  I'm sorry if you're disappointed, expecting us to have been obsessing about you 24 hours a day seven days a week on an obscure chat website, but it doesn't happen.
If you are the type who believes that any criticism is equal to "hatred" then yes I guess we're guilty.  However, what we are not guilty of is self-deception.  I for one know I am an asshole, that I am not a nice man, and that I have a tendency to say hurtful things when I'm angry.
Rest assured, I am not angry now, so I guess I have a tendency to say hurtful things even when I'm not angry.

And before you yell "cowards", keep in mind that the language we use in the IRC Chat would've gotten us banned in like five minutes here.  Frankly, it doesn't really matter because even when putting it nicely this sh*t doesn't come remotely near to going through to your head.  Which is often expected with people with delusions of grandeur or Messianic Complexes.
"IRC" Campaigning is a f***ing ludicrous term.  There are only like 9 of us on there at the most at one time.  If you seriously think that is how your opposing tickets got people to vote for them you have problems.
You can't get 40+ votes off of pure personal attacks on an obscure chat log that only a fraction of this website uses on a regular enough basis for such tactic to work.  The fact that you even entertain this idea shows a grand deal of delusion.  No, you probably aren't deluded, but you seem to entertain thoughts that suggest you flirt with it often.
I got the PMs from Clarence asking me to vote for him to back me up.  Most of the campaigning done by these other men were through PMs and through other means.  Men that you have thoroughly mocked and thus shown that you don't have the character, the attitude, or behavior of a real Atlasian President.

However, you are the President, the democratically elected president of this nation.  Somehow someway, despite all of the nasty ass rantings of yours you managed to get enough people to get elected President by a sizable margin.  I will not let my personal disgust at your conduct get in the way of supporting the legal and democratic means by which you were elected.
So congratulations Napoleon, you are President.  NOW ACT LIKE IT.
I still stand by my remarks that the people of this nation elected Napoleon to this highest office and that he is the legal president.

I rescind my previous comments for being too nice, but still take the position in my article that the Courts shouldn't entertain the delusional fantasy of the Tweed movement to subvert democracy.  The President wants to work on positive discourse?  Well he can start with himself.

I will stand by your election as president, but I will not act like suddenly you are Jesus Christ and can do no wrong.  If you are expecting nothing but praise from The People, or this Political Analyst, you are not getting it.  We have jobs to do Mr. President-Elect, and that revolves around delivering the news and the Truth to the people.  ANd  I could seriously give a damn now if the President never talks to me again or stops giving patronage to this paper.

So screw my previous apologies, you don't deserve them.

Mr. President-Elect, please grow the Hell up.

NOTE: This is a goddamn game dude.  Occasionally some of us like to have something called "fun" while campaigning.  The reason why my ad was removed was because it violated the TOS and the mods infracted me three times in a row for it.  Nobody and their grandmother should've taken it seriously.

Anyway, this will probably be infracted and deleted by Tuesday.  But it had to be said.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »

Napoleon- since the campaign is over we've had a very cordial relationship which I enjoy... I believe Mechaman was aiming to put the campaign behind him by supporting you in the court case despite personal differences between you two. When folks aim to bury the hatchet, it is bad form to reject the effort.....be grateful for the fact that your opponents during the campaign are supporting you now that you've been democratically elected instead of bring campaign arguments back to life. The only thing worse then a sore loser is a sore winner....don't be one
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2012, 08:47:41 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2012, 06:25:14 AM by James Badass Monroe »

One more thing:

While the President is "not getting angry" I would like him to consider taking some time to actually self-reflect on his behavior on this forum.  This is a very hard thing to do, I know I've been through it before.  It's very hard to admit that you are being an asshole it really is.  Hell, it is even hard to see that you are being one.  Self-perception is a huge killer.

I mean, I used to think I was a perfect little angel and that all of my friends on here were just abandoning me because they were evil a few years ago.  And then, I took a few days offline to think about it and I realized that I was being a gigantic unbearable asshole.
It isn't easy Napoleon.  I realize that ego is a damning thing, I really do.  I used to be loaded with it.

However, the difference between you and me is that I've never been remotely near Presidential caliber.  You however, in your short time have managed to become President.  Therefore, expectations of your civility are a lot higher than they were in the Senate or even as your tenure as Governor.

Imagine, in real life, what the fallout would be if President Obama walked off the stage in a debate with Mitt Romney and ranted about how it was the "most pathetic debate" he's ever had?  He would get criticized the hell out of by everybody and their grandmother for being a gigantic prick.
The Presidency demands a level of humility and grace that frankly you haven't exhibited.  Not once in your time here.

You could be the most good hearted reform minded politician in history but people will only remember you in the long run as "that asshole".  So far, you seem to be living up to that legacy.  Now, am I saying you should constantly kiss babies and hug little puppies?  No, the Presidency demands a strong willed individual, but not an asshole.  You can be a strong minded individual and not come across as a totally unlikable person.  Politics has more to do than with pure policies, as a number of people use characteristics of the President himself to determine how they can trust him with the office: honesty, integrity, humility, a sense of justice, his public perception (does he smile a lot, does he shake hands, etc. etc.), etc. etc..

I mean seriously, this isn't some bullsh*t where we are going out of our way to antagonize you.  In fact, a lot of us used to be your friends.  And, from my experience on here, the easiest way to lose friends is to be uncivil and antagonistic.  If more than two people are suddenly not pleased with you, there is likely something going on.

There is the chance that these words may fly over your head, or that this may fall on deaf ears.  After all, that's probably happened to me a few times on here.  Right now, some of my "little chatroom crew" buddies are shaking their heads, thinking this is a wasted effort.  Maybe it is, but I always found the glass to be 5% a better thought than it's 95% empty.  Mostly, you have to find the change within yourself, we can't do it for you.

I don't expect a huge "I'm sorry for being an asshole" thread/post or even a defensive response to my posts on here.  I really don't want this sh*tfest to continue any longer than it has to.  An improvement in attitude concurrent with the office in question, though, would be notable.

Also, I am not supporting the Administration's side on this to "bury the hatchet", I'm doing it for Democracy.  Be thankful.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »

Yelling Goodbye to Yelnoc

This morning as I woke up and wiped the sweat from my brow and the sleepies from my eyes, I reached over and grabbed my laptop. Like every morning, I opened its lid and began checking my emails and messages from colleagues and the like before stumbling across a message that shook my room: Yelnoc, a People's champion in his own right, resigned from speaker of the IDS legislature and that southern bloc I never joined.

So I want to take a moment to formally recognize Yelnoc for his service to the region, to me, and of course, to The People. He carried himself with dignity and class for his entire tenure in public office, and The People and myself thank him for that. As with all resignations, Atlasia loses someone who made the game better. They lose a bright eyed, eager boy who simply wanted to help The People in their continuous fight for powerto stay alive in this country.

While we here at The People's Paper understand there is a time to step away and reflect on one's career, we do hope in the future Yelnoc returns to public service. Regardless of future musings, Atlasia weeps today, as it wept when Senator Duke retired from the senate. But wherever Yelnoc goes, The People will follow and will continue to shine in his left pupil. And when Yelnoc looks up at the sun on a hot Georgian day, he will know that The People are looking back at him. Happy trails, Yelnoc, and may you return to Us one day brining more glory than ever before. I, for one, will miss him.

Senator Duke is the Chief Senate Analyst for The People's Paper. He also serves as the Voice of The People.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2012, 09:10:59 AM »

That was beautiful man. Well wishes Yelnoc.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »

Haha, thanks Duke, that was great!

And you too, Cath, you know where to find me if you ever want to chat.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2012, 07:34:48 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2012, 09:04:09 AM by Cathcon »

Governor ZuWo to Seek Re-election,
Update on ME Gubernatorial Race
by Cathcon

On June 28th, 2012, Governor ZuWo (Whig-KY) announced his re-election campaign. This humble reporter, representing The People, asked him about his term, and he was happy to respond to The People. The Governor views his accomplishments in office as seeing a flurry of activity under his reign. He's proud of "the introduction of several bills dealing with a variety of issues" as well as the first "Questioning the Power" session. In the future, he plans to continuing cooperation with the Assembly--which could see more than five candidates this time around--and moving forward to tackling the budget.

On June 30th, a poll was released by the A-Bob Research Center. In it, the Governor was matched up against four possible contenders for his office, those being: Speaker of the House HappyWarrior, then-Vice President Tmthforu94, then-SoIA 20RP12, and Game Moderator Shua. In this poll, consisting of roughly 17 participants, ZuWo looked to be beating three rather comfortably. However, in the polling against the Vice President, he was being beaten by one vote. In a much more recent survey by ScottSurveys begun on July 3rd, the only options given were Governor ZuWo and Vice President Tmthforu94. As of now, ZuWo is beating "Tmth" ten to six.

The Mideast Gubernatorial: ZuWo v Tmth?
Left: Governor ZuWo (W-KY) announcing his re-election bid
Right: former Vice President Tmthforu94 (MCPR-IN) announcing formation of an exploratory committee

The nation's former Vice President himself formed an exploratory committee on July 1st and looks to becoming more and more of a potential candidates. As for the other three labeled as potential candidates by the A-Bob Research Center, 20RP12 is running for Mideast Assembly, Shua is being retained by President Napoleon in his position as Game Moderator, and HappyWarrior is running for re-election to the Assembly.

Cathcon is The People's correspondent to the Mideast as well as The People's Cartoonist. He has served over five terms in the Mideast Assembly. As of now he is President Napoleon's appointee to the position of Ambassador.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2012, 11:55:30 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2012, 12:03:40 PM by James Badass Monroe »

Announcing, the Regional Protection Organization (RPO)!:

The results of the case against the peoples of the IDS should come as no surprise.  After all, the federal courts of this nation are full of anti-Imperialist bigots who are out to strip the South, and all other regions, of their region rights.
Everybody and their grandmother saw this coming from a mile away, as the prosecutors, or should I say the oppressors, in the case went out of their way to let it be known that they oppose the right of the IDS region to regulate it's commerce.
This wasn't merely a case of the legality of trade currency or whatever the hell the "Dibble" is supposed to be, this was a blatant attack on Imperial culture by bigoted big government advocates that have complete control of this national government!  On all three branches.
You could almost hear the glee in the oppressor Fuzzy's voice as he got onto Jbrase's case, seemingly ignoring his well constructed case with loads of evidence backed by the Trojan Act itself.  Our defender, Jbrase, thoroughly rebutted the prosecuting attorney's points to the point that if I were the prosecutor's mother I would've been embarrassed to have given birth to such a sorry piece of sod masquerading as an intelligent user of the law.
Instead of playing the part of an impartial mediator and taking the prosecutor to task, holding the prosecution team responsible for it's amazingly idiotic, dumb, stupid, borderline Special Ed Class logic the Court decided to layway all of it's force into Jbrase.  The man with the brain.
The language of the law itself was quite clear Mr. Courtroom Judge.  Mr. Jbrase put it as clear as day, with as few big words as possible (so as to not confuse the federal judges who just graduated from the 6th grade with Principal Honors Roll Awards for Amazing Performance in Physical Education Class) and yet the supposed "non-biased" and "constitutional" judges still ruled against Section 2 of the Trojan Act.
Question: How much money did your federal mafia cronies pay you to rule against freedom of commerce?

Mark my words fellow Imperials and Dave fearing citizens throughout this nation, the lynch mobbing of Jbrase at the hands of the Federal Courts is only the beginning.  This Federal Atlasian Government is just getting started.  After all, it was foretold many moons ago that the first thing the government would take away from us in it's pursuit of statism would be our right to commerce and thus our right to self govern.  Success is the enemy of every oligarchist, this case is no exception.
Which is why we need to fight back.
As of now Mechaman and Associates are starting a new campaign.  A campaign which has at it's interests the restoration of Region Rights that has been stripped away throughly in recent years by activist radicals hell bent on destroying our rights to a non-government worshipping culture.  We will not bow down head first to the visage of the Federal Government that the statist loving cretins in the high federal offices and the bastardized courts, raped by bureaucracy and corruption, wish upon us.  We will fight back.
And this fight begins with you.
That's right, the People.  You the People as one, protesting the tyrannic overreach of judicial activism at the behest of a few hermaphroditic characters sons of a halfbreed squaw that threatens to doom this country for their own greedy corporatist theocratic masters.  You can do your part by making a loud protest by at once voicing your right to regional sovereignty.
That is why, today, I am launching the Regional Protection Organization (RPO) to launch protests against this wave of anti-regionism that is now in vogue amongst our corrupted mafia led court system.  Our aim is your aim, to take back what was once ours.
Our main aim will be what will ultimately restore region rights: the elimination of At-Large Senate Seats to be replaced with all regional seats to best represent the actual interests of those constituents whom the Senators represent.  It will be quite simple, two Senator to two regions.  With this accomplished only then can we have the Capone appointed Judges in their rightful places: in fear of the people.
Our secondary aim will be to push forward motions to defend the right to region commerce and economic legislation.  No two regions share the same business and tax culture, and it is unfair to let unelected government officials decide for them how to best operate their commerce.
Our miscellaneous aims shall be to press forth a wave of pro-region bills, acts, and measures in the legislatures of the regions to force the federal government into devolving further rights stricken from us.

I encourage all legislators, whether region level or federal level, to support our cause and to restore Atlasian Democracy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2012, 12:22:42 AM »

I want to thank these fine men for continuing to provide The People with quality news since June 2011. Friends, through my whiskey clouded eyes, I can proudly proclaim this newspaper is the finest in this land, publishing quality articles with thoughtful musings and and intellectually stimulating conversation. We will continue to support this great country and welcome your donations via cash, credit, cashiers check, or debit card. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies