Assuming 2012 GOP primaries turns out to be largely a Romney-Bachmann battle...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:49:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Assuming 2012 GOP primaries turns out to be largely a Romney-Bachmann battle...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Assuming 2012 GOP primaries turns out to be largely a Romney-Bachmann battle...  (Read 464 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 30, 2011, 07:32:22 PM »

Whom do you see as a third strongest candidate?

Discuss.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 07:38:01 PM »

Paul has a base that neither of them will tap.  If the battle is between the two of them, he's the only serious candidate I foresee staying in.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »

Paul has a base that neither of them will tap.  If the battle is between the two of them, he's the only serious candidate I foresee staying in.
Paul will definatly place 3rd, and maybe win a primary or two, but I can see Cain possibly overtaking him. Possibly. Pawlenty would be in third, if he actually survives Iowa, which he probaly wont even make it too.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 08:44:54 PM »

Paul has a base that neither of them will tap.  If the battle is between the two of them, he's the only serious candidate I foresee staying in.
Paul will definatly place 3rd, and maybe win a primary or two, but I can see Cain possibly overtaking him. Possibly. Pawlenty would be in third, if he actually survives Iowa, which he probaly wont even make it too.

No, because Cain is a moron who can't tell when the media is obviously baiting him to the point where FOX News wonders why he doesn't focus on something other than bringing up teh Muslim horde. Also nobody likes T-Paw, even when they get confused and think they're watching a Transformers ad.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 01:31:38 AM »

In a Romney vs. Bachmann match up, I figure Paul would pick up the scraps. There's room for a darkhorse still, who may lose in the primaries and then go independent. Especially if we enter into recession again, the public isn't going to have a reflexive target to blame.

Sure Obama would bare the brunt of it, but the Republicans aren't looking so good either. This may be the best time for a 3rd party challenge since 68. Naturally, I don't want to get ahead of myself- we'll see how the economic mess goes. By the end of the year we'll probably have the dynamics of the race.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies