Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 04:32:19 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Lol what
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Lol what  (Read 2237 times)
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:22:17 pm »
Ignore

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:27:42 pm »
Ignore

Lunartic drinks a lot.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 08:37:29 pm »
Ignore

The Mods are really on the warpath.

Aaron is pissed:

She was like "How did you get my number?  I don't handle this issue.  You have to call the South Bryant Campus for that.  I'll transfer you, but I don't handle it."  She said it in a slightly condescending tone.  I didn't tell her that Grumps gave me the number.  I just told her I looked it up.
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 08:40:04 pm »
Ignore

wow.

The moderators are really working over time to destroy this place, aren't they?

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 08:41:47 pm »
Ignore

Just checked this (it did seem strange) and the answer is that you got done for necromancy.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »
Ignore

Just checked this (it did seem strange) and the answer is that you got done for necromancy.

Looking for it, I see now that it was an old thread.  I use Who's Online to find threads to post in so that happens sometimes.  HOWEVER, this was not simply a "bump" to the thread as known necrophiliacs like Robert Stark did.  I continued the conversation.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 09:00:04 pm »
Ignore

Looking for it, I see now that it was an old thread.  I use Who's Online to find threads to post in so that happens sometimes.  HOWEVER, this was not simply a "bump" to the thread as known necrophiliacs like Robert Stark did.  I continued the conversation.

I'm not necessarily defending the reporting or the punishment, just informing you of the reason. You can appeal against the points if you aren't happy, of course, and I'd suggest you do that.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:54:38 pm »
Ignore

The legitimate complaints about Joe have sent the moderators into a state of panic. They feel the need to cement their authority. You were made into an example, King. These people don't retreat; they bite back.

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 09:57:05 pm »
Ignore

The legitimate complaints about Joe have sent the moderators into a state of panic. They feel the need to cement their authority. You were made into an example, King. These people don't retreat; they bite back.

Not ALL the mods. Wink  Although, who knows how much longer I'll last anyway.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 09:58:52 pm »
Ignore

Not ALL the mods. Wink  Although, who knows how much longer I'll last anyway.

You dared to question the cool kid from Vegas. You'll likely be gone by the end of the Summer.

Passing Through a Screen Door
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 10:05:21 pm »
Ignore

Who would've thought BushOklahoma would've looked like a quality mod in retrospect?

Victory over Inks dedicated in memory.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 10:19:32 pm »
Ignore

I guess things have to get worse before they can get better.

Aaron is pissed:

She was like "How did you get my number?  I don't handle this issue.  You have to call the South Bryant Campus for that.  I'll transfer you, but I don't handle it."  She said it in a slightly condescending tone.  I didn't tell her that Grumps gave me the number.  I just told her I looked it up.
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 10:20:07 pm »
Ignore

bumping an ancient years-old thread without explanation will get you infracted.

this is real
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 10:24:15 pm »
Ignore

Obviously starting a ridiculous thread ignoring all context was the right way to appeal the decision instead of simply asking me.  Since you're saying you were bumping an ancient thread by mistake, I've decided to remove the points and also prescribe you three chill pills in their place.

this is real
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 10:25:59 pm »
Ignore

^^^^^^

this is real
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 10:28:42 pm »
Ignore

You should be able to occasionally bump old threads if you feel you can add to the discussion without being hit by death points.

Aaron is pissed:

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 10:29:25 pm »
Ignore

You should be able to occasionally bump old threads if you feel you can add to the discussion without being hit by death points.

As long as you explain why you're bumping it, it's fine.

"I know this is an old thread, but..."

I've  had to deal with a surge of necromancy recently as well (not that this is visible to you guys, as I undo it).

this is real
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 10:51:03 pm »
Ignore

Sorry, Lunar, I'm not a very observant fellow when it comes to mod politics and did not know it was you who gave me the infraction.  I also did not read the part of the PM that said "appeal by responding."

I don't really care about the infraction points and I support the moderators actions for the most part.  This delete was just so absurd to me the moment I received that I felt I had to post it.

Posting in an old thread is not bumping.  Bumping is posting the inane post count padding "bump" without explanation.  The topic looked interesting to me when I saw it on Who's Online.  Would you have preferred I started a new thread about confederate flag burning?

That goes against existing protocol in my opinion.

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 11:01:45 pm »
Ignore

I don't really care about the infraction points and I support the moderators actions for the most part.  This delete was just so absurd to me the moment I received that I felt I had to post it.

Posting in an old thread is not bumping.  Bumping is posting the inane post count padding "bump" without explanation.  The topic looked interesting to me when I saw it on Who's Online.  Would you have preferred I started a new thread about confederate flag burning?

That goes against existing protocol in my opinion.

I would have preferred you said "I know this is an old thread, but I found this discussion to be worthwhile" or something along that line.

If you're not able to do that, starting a new thread would be best.

I can understand some disagreements, but we've had to deal with annoying necromancy problems in the past and I've personally have had to deal with some in recent days. We haven't talked about it recently, but I've always encouraged stating a reason for bumping ancient threads as a way to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:10:57 pm by Lunar »Logged

this is real
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 11:10:32 pm »
Ignore

Sorry, Lunar, I'm not a very observant fellow when it comes to mod politics and did not know it was you who gave me the infraction.

As of right now, every infraction on the Individual Politics board and United States General is my doing, unless an errant mod accidentally infracts my stuff or Nym intervenes.

I'm rather busy these days and I've been doing my best over the last month or so to urge Dave to appoint someone new in my place.

this is real
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 11:17:39 pm »
Ignore

BRING BACK BUSHOKLAHOMA

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 07:55:34 am »
Ignore

Oh so it wasn't your hard drinking?  Sad
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 03:53:52 am »
Ignore

Not ALL the mods. Wink 
Yeah, some of them just bite anything in sight and don't care whether they've ever been bitten themselves. Smiley

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 09:25:01 am »
Ignore

Man, I posted in a three-month old thread yesterday to avoid cluttering the forum up with duplicates. Hope I don't get infracted.

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 09:40:23 am »
Ignore

Man, I posted in a three-month old thread yesterday to avoid cluttering the forum up with duplicates. Hope I don't get infracted.

Shouldn't be.  The first standard I use is whether you get the blurb saying that the thread is over 120 days old and asking whether you really wanted to post that.  If you don't post in an older than 120 day thread, no chance of infraction for zombieitis.  Even then, for me, it depends.

I wonder why Van Heusen never bothered to make women's clothing?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout