How have the GOP gained such strength?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:51:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How have the GOP gained such strength?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How have the GOP gained such strength?  (Read 1677 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »

Obama's problem is that he governs like a rank amateur

Though, surprisingly, Obama has pretty good instincts  – at least better than W, who was naive enough to trust the new leadership of Afghan/Iraq/Pakistan.

That's not down to 'instincts' at all, jmfcst, but down to the difference between being a well-informed, intelligent amateur rather than a delusional, ignorant ideologue.

no, Biden just isnt naive enough to buy into nation building like Cheney was.  thing is, if Biden weren't such a troll he would be a lot more useful

Being a well-informed, intelligent amateur, as fits both Biden and Obama, is a lot less naive than being a delusional, ignorant ideologue, which I suppose does fit Cheney better than Bush, who may have merely been the fool he seemed to be.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »

The How is quite obvious. The Democrats did not deliver adequate economic growth.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »

Though, surprisingly, Obama has pretty good instincts when it comes to being commander in chief – at least better than W, who was naive enough to trust the new leadership of Afghan/Iraq/Pakistan.

Yes, Obama had done much better there than I thought he would.  Back in 2008 I didn't think either McCain or Obama would be able to do much to help the economy, and nothing in the past three years has convinced me I wrong then, but I thought McCain would be superior to Obama on foreign policy, and I have been pleasantly surprised.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 02:10:38 PM »

The same reason described by Francis Fukuyama for why nobles gained power in history: because they were willing to risk it all. Because they have detached themselves, psychologically, from the system as it is constructed.

Has he seriously argued that? Hahaha. What a worthless fraud.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies