MA: Vote Sanctity Act (Vetoed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:16:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Vote Sanctity Act (Vetoed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Vote Sanctity Act (Vetoed)  (Read 5025 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: August 02, 2011, 09:51:57 PM »

I  would like to thank Governor A-Bob for inviting me to address this assembly on the subject of the Vote Sanctity Act.  I consider it an honor to be asked to address this legislative body in this beautiful region.

In answer to the question from the honorable member TJ in Cleve "any length of time" means just that, that any editing of the original vote, at any time after the original vote is cast, invalidates that vote.

I would urge support for this bill, as we have seen in the last federal election, this 20 minute time frame to change a vote leaves open the possibility of a voter being manipulated into changing, or even invalidating their vote due to being pressured by someone else.

One person, one vote, per election, is a fair way to vote.  This bill eliminates any possibility of a voter being manipulated or pressured in any way by someone else.

This bill personifies democracy in action.

This bill is fair and just and puts all voters on an equal footing in every election.

The will of the people must prevail, not the will of potential manipulators looking out for their own interests.

It is the responsibility of each of us before casting our vote to know that that is the choice we have decided upon.

I urge your assembly to get behind democracy and support this bill.

Thank you, and thank you once again for inviting me to your lovely region.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 10:09:16 AM »

Looking back at my voting record, there have been several votes I've made over the years that would have been nullified if this were law. There have been plenty of times that I, as well as many other Mideasterner's, have gone back to edit a vote a couple minutes after, sometimes just minor things (one time I decided to add "LWC" to the end of Ink's name just to be more clear Wink ) I could perhaps get behind reducing the time to 10 minutes, but I will do everything I can to get this defeated in it's current form. Not too long ago I had to edit a vote (can't remember the reason), and since my Atlas has been running slow for a while now, even though I made the edit just seconds after I posted, it took a couple minutes to update.

I would like to add, that the current wording of this is tricky, as you can edit it for the first few seconds after you post it and it doesn't show that you did. 30 seconds or a minute, I believe.

This coming from the individual who attempted to get me to change my Senate vote because I voted for Napoleon in the last Atlasian election, moments after I had voted.  I do not know how many other voters you attempted to get to change their votes.

This bill would eliminate that blatant interference with voters and their votes. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:28:06 AM »

I would like to add, that the current wording of this is tricky, as you can edit it for the first few seconds after you post it and it doesn't show that you did. 30 seconds or a minute, I believe.

If there is no notation at the bottom of the entry that the vote was edited, then for purposes of counting the vote, it was not edited.

Besides that, no entry is deemed to be edited if there is not a notation at the bottom of the entry stating the edit date and time.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »

Governor and Senator from the Northeast,

thank you (Governor) for your input on the bill in question, but it is now up to the Mideast to debate the Vote Sanctity Act.

Understood.  My apologies.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 03:39:10 PM »

In addition to my previous remarks on your above statement, I will point out that your statement is completely irrelevant and is nothing more than a smoke screen with which you are attempting to mask the real issue here, which is voter manipulation, to which Atlasia should put an end to, once and for all.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies