Breaking News: Preferential Voting is Unconstitutional (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:23:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Breaking News: Preferential Voting is Unconstitutional (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaking News: Preferential Voting is Unconstitutional  (Read 4344 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 14, 2004, 11:17:54 PM »

I was just looking at how we enacted Preferential Voting and um, it was submitted and passed as BILL and never AMENDED the constitution so the original election system in the Atlas Constitution overrides the Preferential Voting Bill.

This means the Supreme Court has the power to overturn the results of every federal election held after May 7th, 2004.

Good job, Senators! Tongue
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 11:24:34 PM »

Personally, we need to stop getting bogged down in technicalities. The bill passed. We are in fantasy elections, not the AG's office.

But this could mean a lot, plus StevenNick and Harry could request a revote since they lost because of the preferential voting system.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 11:29:06 PM »

Personally, we need to stop getting bogged down in technicalities. The bill passed. We are in fantasy elections, not the AG's office.

But this could mean a lot, plus StevenNick and Harry could request a revote since they lost because of the preferential voting system.

Absolutely.  When's the Supreme Court gonna recover?  I'm think about starting a revolution, myself.. Smiley

We already *had* one, it was unsuccessful...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 11:44:37 PM »

Gabu won the final round tie because he had more first preference votes.

That's what I don't like, if I could quote some parts of a message from WMS on this:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 11:46:41 PM »

The issue King has raised was in fact brought up, debated, and settled at the time the bill was passed.  It was decided that the bill did not contradict the constitution in any way, and therefore did not need to be an amendment.

It was not discussed in the original thread where the Preferential Voting Bill was debated and voted on. The only discussion was when NickG asked if it was an amendment or a bill and StevenNick said a bill. No Senator officially questioned whether it was vaild or not...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies