Markets not happy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:28:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Markets not happy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Markets not happy  (Read 6242 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 07, 2011, 09:52:49 AM »

How bad is the stock market expected to be on Monday? I can't see investors buying stock when we've been downgraded for the first time ever.
Anyone taking his money out of US treasury bonds because of that (not sure anybody is that touchy, but hey) would likely put it into something else, right?

A few institutions have it in there rules that they must keep there funds, or a portion of them, in AAA instruments.  They will be moving out of US bonds.  They won't be moving it to stocks.  Conversely, these institutions, might consider US bonds as a non-AAA alternative, and may move some of their "stock money" into US bonds, with could effect stocks.

That is one of the structural changes.

With only one of the three major rating firms having downgraded the US so far, I doubt we'll see a rush out of Treasuries because of rules.  Still, I expect T-bill yields will go up sharply Monday followed by some degree of bounce back. Even with a weekend to digest what S&P did, I expect an overcorrection.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:23:57 PM »

Care to comment, Link:

I just basically post running totals of numbers to get the feel of the market.

Might I suggest investing is scratch paper.  This is a forum not a notepad.

I like keeping track.

And others who want to keep track are perfectly capable of doing so on their own.  Your spamming of this thread and the gold thread with the latest updates has reached the point that if I see you are latest one to post in them , I just hit the mark as read button and go on, for your signal to noise ratio in this board is so low as to be not worth reading.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 08:06:15 PM »

Posting about breaking events on the proper board is not spamming.  These things are poll numbers, except they are ongoing.

It's spam if no one else is interested in it.  Not only can what you have been spamming in this board be easily obtained elsewhere, it can obtained in much more useful forms including charts.  It would be different if you were to include some analysis of why the numbers are what they are each time you spew the numbers, but you don't.

These seven posts made in a period of less than 24 hours the other day are absolutely nothing but spam:

In some good news Dow Futures are only off 24.

If you were a new poster, you'd probably be halfway to being banned on suspicious of wanting to pad your post count by now.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 11:14:05 PM »

How else are we am I suppose to follow this on a week of literally historic volatility, not to mention, the record high gold prices?  Seriously.

Fixed your post, and it's been pointed out several times how you can do so.  Indeed, you must be getting your numbers from such a place.  If you want to comment on the volatility, then comment on the volatility.  Simply spewing numbers without commentary is just spam.

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 10:31:33 PM »

I looked at the thread on the Iowa debate; it's 27 pages, but they are posted almost live, basically almost as the stuff is happening.  It gives some impression of what's happening, as it is happening. 

Even the most inane responses in that thread are at least providing some commentary that gives insight into what the poster is thinking.  All posting stock and gold index numbers does is increase your post count.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies