Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 05:25:40 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  Props to Chris Christie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Props to Chris Christie  (Read 1063 times)
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:57:21 pm »
Ignore

Won't see me say that much, but he deserves it for standing up to bigotry,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83z552NJaw&feature=player_embedded#at=164

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:11 pm »
Ignore

Another Act of Sanity by America's Governor.

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:36:55 pm »
Ignore

Well done on this one Christie.

Invisible Obama
DrScholl
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 10:40:39 pm »
Ignore

RINO!!!!!!!!!!!
Link
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 12:05:24 am »
Ignore

I'm a Democrat and I don't always agree with Christie but if I lived in New Jersey and I had to make a choice right now it would be very difficult for me to vote for anyone but Christie.  You have to reward people for good behavior.  He's made several good calls.  I have a bit of a problem with his stance towards public sector unions but nobody is perfect.

Insane quote of the year-

"Every aspect of life in America is worse than when he [Obama] took over" -Marco Rubio
RIP ESKIMO JOE'S
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 03:42:40 am »
Ignore

We are at the point where we have to give public officials credit for this sort of thing now? Hmm, okay...

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 04:04:48 am »
Ignore

We are at the point where we have to give public officials credit for this sort of thing now? Hmm, okay...

Yeah, it's great and all, but it's also an example of how totally backwards we are.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 08:46:54 am »
Ignore

He realizes that the Sharia scare is a load of sh**t?

There goes any hope of a national career.

Rollback
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 08:56:54 am »
Ignore

He realizes that the Sharia scare is a load of sh**t?

There goes any hope of a national career.

Indeed. We all know the only reason Mitt Romney is staying consistently at the top (or near it) in GOP primary polls is because he consistently harps on about Sharia law.

Economic score: +4.81
Social score: +4.83
Minstrel Show Taylor Swift
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 08:59:33 am »
Ignore

...yeah I'm not going to congratulate someone for not being an anti-Muslim bigot.

specific_name
generic_name
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 10:59:02 am »
Ignore

So even odious people can occasionally talk sense? Good to know. It's a bit sad that a wing of a major party is so off the tracks into nutbar-land that affirming the president's citizenship or defending a judge because of his private personal faith is now an action worthy of special praise.

Here's our Constitution on the matter:
Quote from: Article Six
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

G-NY for the sake of not being confused with other I-NY's.

Political Compass:
E: -8.88 S: -8.10
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -1.22

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 11:04:02 am »
Ignore

I'll certainly give him a thumbs-up on this.  Yes, it's sad that governors have to defend public servants against the aspersions of the loud nutters.  But at least Christie did stand up and bat the nonsense down; I wish more people did.

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 12:24:31 pm »
Ignore

I can see why people say he has a temper problem....but, hey, he is from New Jersey...kinda goes with the territory

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 04:10:27 pm »
Ignore

With this, Chris Christie has re officially ruled out running for President.

Kudos to the man for being rational though, even if I disagree with his policies.

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
AUH2O Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 11:58:48 pm »
Ignore

He will be a President someday, mark my words if you wanna.

If he ran in the GOP primary, I don't know one Northeastern or Midwestern state that wouldn't go for him.  He's about the only prominent Republican I can see being popular in Iowa and New Hampshire.  He'd have a very good chance of winning Florida too as long as Jeb Bush or Rubio weren't running (and even if they were, he'd still have a chance their).

Win those three states and the nomination is all but locked up.

Economic Score: +8.77
Social Score: -5.91

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially libertarian.

--------------------------------------------------

Duluth Eastsider, born and raised.
AUH2O Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 12:02:49 am »
Ignore

He will be a President someday, mark my words if you wanna.

It's not even his positions that make him great, but how he unregrettfully defends his positions.  He is a "leader", however you define it and I think the appearance of being a staunch leader is more important to Americans (in general) than ideology.

If he ran in the GOP primary, I don't know one Northeastern or Midwestern state that wouldn't go for him.  He's about the only prominent Republican I can see being the frontrunner in Iowa and New Hampshire.  He'd have a very good chance of winning Florida too as long as Jeb Bush or Rubio weren't running (and even if they were, he'd still have a chance there).

Win those three states and the nomination is all but locked up.

Economic Score: +8.77
Social Score: -5.91

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially libertarian.

--------------------------------------------------

Duluth Eastsider, born and raised.
greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 12:20:37 am »
Ignore

Yeah, it's great and all, but it's also an example of how totally backwards we are.
Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 09:04:47 am »
Ignore

NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 11:20:08 am »
Ignore

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 12:00:14 pm »
Ignore

I can see why people say he has a temper problem....but, hey, he is from New Jersey...kinda goes with the territory

As Chris Matthews so brilliantly pointed out when discussing this topic and Christie's response: "This guy's a Jersey guy."

...yeah I'm not going to congratulate someone for not being an anti-Muslim bigot.

Ah, ok. So standing up to bigotry is only cool and worthy of praise when people you like do it. Noted.

Lupo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 03:24:46 pm »
Ignore

As Chris Matthews so brilliantly pointed out when discussing this topic and Christie's response: "This guy's a Jersey guy."

I never understood this.  I have never perceived any sense of "toughness" about NJ in my entire life. 
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -5.30

P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 04:25:20 pm »
Ignore

I must admit, although I do disagree with his policies sometimes, I do kind of like the guy.

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if you’re willing to work hard, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try.
-Obama
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 06:36:24 pm »
Ignore

In today's Republican Party?  yes

coyolxauhqui
a Person
YaBB God
Costa Rica

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 02:36:32 pm »
Ignore

With this, Chris Christie has re officially ruled out running for President.
You mean for the 9,476,323,815th time?

Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 04:52:28 pm »
Ignore

I love not just what he said, but also the way he said it. I like this guy's style. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout