Applying To Colleges (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:28:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Applying To Colleges (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Applying To Colleges  (Read 87438 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 05, 2011, 08:57:15 PM »

My community college.  Eventually UGA and maybe Georgia Tech.  Georgetown in my dream school, but I have neither the grades nor the money.

More likely than not I'll end up enlisting Sad
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:00:58 AM »

Man, you guys make me feel dumb.  My list consists of UGA, Georgia State, and the lesser Georgia public schools I'd rather not think about.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »

Whoops, I didn't notice that people responded.

Man, you guys make me feel dumb.  My list consists of UGA, Georgia State, and the lesser Georgia public schools I'd rather not think about.

George State I've heard is a good school. Are you looking at Georgia Tech? My sister's friend is the only person I knew who went to a Georgia school, he's crazy brilliant. He went for a degree with something related to physics and astronomy but is now in a Ph. D. program at Johns Hopkins...for poetry.

I can't get into Georgia Tech, though I'm not looking at a science or engineering field so that's no big deal.

Man, you guys make me feel dumb.  My list consists of UGA, Georgia State, and the lesser Georgia public schools I'd rather not think about.

What are you thinking about studying? If you're interested in Political Science at all (or Public Management and Policy, which has its own school at GSU) definitely consider it over UGA even though it's a good bit further down in the overall rankings and lacks a lot of UGA's tradition. Being located literally next door to the State Capitol and very close to a bunch of state and federal agency headquarters, awesome internship opportunities are basically a dime a dozen.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to study.  I can't really make a living with anything I'm interested in.  Maybe economics?  But I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Man, this whole process is intimidating.  I have to declare a major in two years, and the degree I graduate with is going to kinda set the course of my life.  And I don't even want to go to college (but I know I need to).  Sad
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »

I have a sister-in-law who went to Georgia. I can guarantee you that if you go to UGA, it will be four of the greatest years of your life. Plus, it's tuition free with the state scholarship, isn't it called HOPE?
Yeah, UGA is definitely a party school.  Deal et al have trimmed HOPE down considerably.  90% of my tuition is still covered, but the killer is room and board.  That along with books and "living expenses" comes out to about $11,000/year, which is a lot of money for me.

the degree I graduate with is going to kinda set the course of my life. 

That is absolutely false.

Ok, maybe that was overly dramatic.  Still, this is where the doors start closing and opportunities start narrowing down.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies