Peter's MidEast Gubernational Campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:06:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Peter's MidEast Gubernational Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peter's MidEast Gubernational Campaign  (Read 867 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2004, 10:37:57 AM »

Fellow Citizens,

Earlier today, Governor NickG announced his intention not to seek a thrid term as Governor of the MidEast Region. Nick has served our Region with all devotion and has been a fine Governor. I hope to continue his fine work for our Region. Today I announce to you that I will run for Governor of the MidEast Region.

I will present my full plans for my Governorship, if elected, in the New Year. However, I present to you today that which will be the basis of my term in the Governor's Mansion if you choose to send me there:

1. A Constitution for the MidEast[/u] - In today's Atlasia, it is clear that we need a firm apparatus to govern our Region well into the future.
2. Education[/u] - There is no higher priority for our Government today than to provide for the future of our Nation and Region through education. I will propose a radical plan to overhaul education without increasing the tax burden.
3. Clean Energy[/u] - With the passage of the Clean Energy Act, we now have  a chance to secure the environmental future of our Planet. I will work to assuring that the goals of the Clean Energy Act are achieved in our Region.
4. Redistricting[/u] - I will only vote for redistricting maps that I consider to be fair and non-partisan. I will call for a Governors Conference if elected so that we can establish more concrete methods for conducting the redistricting.
5. The Economy[/u] - I will work to ensure that our economy thrives. I will do this by making the MidEast the place to do business in our nation by offering incentive packages for businesses to invest here.

I would like to offer the best of luck to DanielX, NixonNow and any other candidates who enter the race. I look forward to a spirited contest.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 10:38:58 AM »

Fellow Citizens,

Earlier today, Governor NickG announced his intention not to seek a thrid term as Governor of the MidEast Region. Nick has served our Region with all devotion and has been a fine Governor. I hope to continue his fine work for our Region. Today I announce to you that I will run for Governor of the MidEast Region.

I will present my full plans for my Governorship, if elected, in the New Year. However, I present to you today that which will be the basis of my term in the Governor's Mansion if you choose to send me there:

1. A Constitution for the MidEast[/u] - In today's Atlasia, it is clear that we need a firm apparatus to govern our Region well into the future.
2. Education[/u] - There is no higher priority for our Government today than to provide for the future of our Nation and Region through education. I will propose a radical plan to overhaul education without increasing the tax burden.
3. Clean Energy[/u] - With the passage of the Clean Energy Act, we now have  a chance to secure the environmental future of our Planet. I will work to assuring that the goals of the Clean Energy Act are achieved in our Region.
4. Redistricting[/u] - I will only vote for redistricting maps that I consider to be fair and non-partisan. I will call for a Governors Conference if elected so that we can establish more concrete methods for conducting the redistricting.
5. The Economy[/u] - I will work to ensure that our economy thrives. I will do this by making the MidEast the place to do business in our nation by offering incentive packages for businesses to invest here.

I would like to offer the best of luck to DanielX, NixonNow and any other candidates who enter the race. I look forward to a spirited contest.
Will this mean that you would resign your position as AG since you can't hold both positions at once?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 10:41:40 AM »

Will this mean that you would resign your position as AG since you can't hold both positions at once?

Yes. If elected, I will resign as Attorney General.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 02:45:48 PM »

My response to each of Peter Bell's points:

1. While a Constitution is not my top priority, I do believe that a regional constitution that enshrines a limited government would be good for the Mideast.
2.  Not only do i approve the idea of a 'radical change' in the educational system, i will flush out my central idea: encourage the states and municipalities to experiment with ideas to see what works. Even extremely radical ideas, like making all schools charter schools - i am not stating my support for this measure, but I believe in what works. If a state or municipality is successful in educational reform, I would encourage other states and municipalities to follow.
3. I personally oppose some of the clauses of the Clean Energy Act - I believe that any idea, even 'planet-saving' ones, should have some element of choice, as well as practicality, involved. I, for one, am also disappointed that nuclear waste will be treated in the same fashion as fossil fuel fumes - as fumes, at present, cannot be reclaimed to the degree that nuclear waste can. If forced, however, I shall enforce the Clean Energy Act, and attempt to find solutions (market solutions, where possible).
4.  How can anyone disagree with the idea of fair redistricting? I support this point.
5. While incentives can bring businesses to the Mideast, I believe a combination of lower taxes and eliminating unneccesary restrictions will, overall, work even better. Also, nasty as it sounds, legalizing 'sin' can bring business coming (Look at how successful Las Vegas has become!).
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 03:20:55 PM »

I endorse Atty. Gen. Peter Bell for Governor 110%.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 03:59:59 PM »

I'm torn. I want Peter to be my Governor, but I also want him to be AG.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 04:18:02 PM »

I'm torn. I want Peter to be my Governor, but I also want him to be AG.

For obvious reasons, i want Peter Bell to be Attorney General ;-). 
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 05:17:27 PM »

Best of luck Peter.  It would be alot better for all of us if you were both attorney general and governor, but what can you do? Smiley
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 08:17:04 PM »

Oh no! Who will be my Constiutional go-to-man!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies