Demographic Help
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:16:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Demographic Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Demographic Help  (Read 469 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »

Hi Guys, I am trying to find some demographic profiles for a few existing NY State Senate and Assembly districts. After trolling through Google I haven't had luck finding what I am looking for. I was wondering if you experts know where to find such data.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »

Hi Guys, I am trying to find some demographic profiles for a few existing NY State Senate and Assembly districts. After trolling through Google I haven't had luck finding what I am looking for. I was wondering if you experts know where to find such data.

The census bureau recompiled the 2000 census on the basis of the post-2000 districts, and has also compiled the 2010 census on the same.  And the ACS should be compiled for those as well (you will probably need the 5-year average 2005-9).

Use American Fact Finder.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 11:56:15 PM »

The census bureau recompiled the 2000 census on the basis of the post-2000 districts, and has also compiled the 2010 census on the same.  And the ACS should be compiled for those as well (you will probably need the 5-year average 2005-9).

Use American Fact Finder.

Belated thanks. I actually found basic demos # on ny latfor site.  http://www.latfor.state.ny.us/
I couldnt really find any real details by senate district, but I was able to extrapolate data by community district and apply it.  NYC Dept of city planning has pretty good breakdown of statistics. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies