How long until riots begin in the U.S.? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How long until riots begin in the U.S.? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Imminently

Only if things get really bad.

Lulz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: How long until riots begin in the U.S.?  (Read 6988 times)
Zarn
YaBB God

« on: August 08, 2011, 09:45:58 PM »

You do realize you will likely end up with more right-wing (libertarian and conservative) protesters than left-wing ones?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »

If you see mass protests, it'll go beyond the type that identifies with political labels. I also predict that it'll be embraced by the left more than the right.

I don't think you understand just how peeved the right-wing is exactly. I also have been talking to dyed in the wool liberals, who are starting to question the federal government's role in society.

That said, R-W ones are more likely to be peaceful, although much larger in number than left-wing protests. L-W protests will tend to be smaller, much more violent, and completely pointless.

The only way the R-W will start to get violent, is if police or L-W protesters start getting physical with them.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 10:21:12 PM »

If you see mass protests, it'll go beyond the type that identifies with political labels. I also predict that it'll be embraced by the left more than the right.

I don't think you understand just how peeved the right-wing is exactly. I also have been talking to dyed in the wool liberals, who are starting to question the federal government's role in society.

That said, R-W ones are more likely to be peaceful, although much larger in number than left-wing protests. L-W protests will tend to be smaller, much more violent, and completely pointless.

The only way the R-W will start to get violent, is if police or L-W protesters start getting physical with them.

Of course, if the system comes down, the federal government's role in society is about to become much, much larger.

As for protests, I just don't see the right wing being very effective at protest. Even at the height of the GOP 2010 wave, Jon Stewart could mobilize more people than Glenn Beck.

Plus, the fundamental issue is not the government's role in society, it's economic depression and inequality.

The Tea Party protests were huge and there were different types, some outright hostile to Glenn Beck.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies