best McCain% ED in the country? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:59:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  best McCain% ED in the country? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: best McCain% ED in the country?  (Read 9642 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 11, 2011, 07:14:40 AM »

From what I've seen, the Lakewood Township ED was McCain's strongest populous precinct in the U.S.  It would be pretty damn hard to beat, although there are a few other <1% Obama precincts (Pinesdale, Montana, for instance.)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »

From what I've seen, the Lakewood Township ED was McCain's strongest populous precinct in the U.S.  It would be pretty damn hard to beat, although there are a few other <1% Obama precincts (Pinesdale, Montana, for instance.)

by any chance do you have the numbers?

What numbers, sorry?  Pinesdale?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 07:13:31 AM »

Pinesdale was McCain 274, Paul 21, Nader 6, Obama 2, Barr 1.

McCain 90.13%, Paul 6.91%, Nader 1.97%, Obama 0.66%.

The presence of Baldwin on the Utah ballot probably screwed up McCain's performance in FLDS towns, but Obama may have gotten <1% in some.  Bob Barr didn't seem to ignite the passions of the insular religious crowd, so FLDS Colorado City, Arizona (where no Constitution Party candidate was on the ballot) may have been strongly McCain.

Edit: Nope.  Colorado City was McCain 614, Nader 84, Write-ins 44, Barr 24, Obama 14, McKinney 13.  Go figure, one of Nader's best national precincts was fundamentalist Mormons.  Hell of a lot of write-ins, too.  For the record, that gave Obama 1.77%.  That's way better than John Kerry's hilarious performance of 1/618 votes (0.16%), which put him well behind Bush (606) and Badnarik (11).  That time no write-in votes were cast at all...what a strange place.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 08:12:12 PM »

Based on the sheer quantity of write-ins, my assumption was that Nader was the "Other" vote...why he kicked Bob Barr's butt, on the other hand...no idea.

If you hadn't caught on, the FLDS (in Arizona, at least) were not huge John McCain fans.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 07:42:30 AM »

Based on the sheer quantity of write-ins, my assumption was that Nader was the "Other" vote...why he kicked Bob Barr's butt, on the other hand...no idea.

If you hadn't caught on, the FLDS (in Arizona, at least) were not huge John McCain fans.
I'm not sure how this works outside of NY but who was by any chance did Nader have the third line? thus getting the highest other vote

I'm not sure about that -- Arizona's Elections web site makes it hard to tell -- but Barr beat Nader in the state, so I'm not sure that's the explanation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies