Why Nevada won't vote for the Republican in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:22:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why Nevada won't vote for the Republican in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Nevada won't vote for the Republican in 2012  (Read 1166 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: August 10, 2011, 07:51:27 AM »
« edited: August 10, 2011, 07:53:36 AM by Rip Marky Mark »

I agree with your assessment. Nevada is going to become more like California than places where Dems are currently having trouble (Midwest). Same for Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona.

Demographics are going to destroy the Republican party. Hopefully we hold the WH in 2012, but even if we don't Republicans going to lose again and again in 2016 and onwards. I'm pleased with this development. Smiley

Yeah, because the Republicans suffered legendary losses last year in the midterm elections.......

Not that midterms have anything to do with presidential elections, but that this whole "THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS DEAD!" spiel is lolarious.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2011, 06:41:34 PM by Rip Marky Mark »

I agree with your assessment. Nevada is going to become more like California than places where Dems are currently having trouble (Midwest). Same for Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona.

Demographics are going to destroy the Republican party. Hopefully we hold the WH in 2012, but even if we don't Republicans going to lose again and again in 2016 and onwards. I'm pleased with this development. Smiley

Yeah, because the Republicans suffered legendary losses last year in the midterm elections.......

Not that midterms have anything to do with presidential elections, but that this whole "THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS DEAD!" spiel is lolarious.

I certainly think that Nevada can be competitive next year with Mitt Romney on the top of the ticket. That said, if it hadn't been for these demographic changes Harry Reid would have never won last year (even with his nutcase opponent).

Granted.
I thought that greenforest was kind of implying that the GOP was dead nation wide.  On second look he's obviously referring to California and other states.  Again, assuming anything for granted is foolishness.  After all who thought in 1936 that Vermont would ever vote Democratic?
Plus, such posts tend to neglect that parties can evolve.  The GOP will inevitably change to accomodate a changing demographic.  It doesn't seem so now but take in mind the political history of the GOP.  Just a century ago Irish American Catholics were almost as Democratic as black people are now days.  Now days.........they are usually 50/50 on election day.
I for one tend to look down on such posturing (the "we are invincible!!!!" kind) that ignores the nature of the American electorate.
As for Nevada, I agree.  It'll likely vote Dem in 2012.  Whether or not Obama wins or loses.

Just an observation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies