Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 01:08:25 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Michele Bachmann Democratic Equivalent?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Michele Bachmann Democratic Equivalent?  (Read 682 times)
Progressive
jro660
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 02:19:28 pm »
Ignore

Say John McCain won in 2008 and liberal/progressive voters wanted a very liberal person to run. Who do you think would be the equivalent of Michele Bachmann (a non-establishment firebrand member of the House)?
Zarn
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -5.91

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 02:26:46 pm »
Ignore

Bachmann is establishment...
Odysseus
Scifiguy
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 02:29:35 pm »
Ignore

Kucinich, I guess.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 02:32:40 pm »
Ignore

A shrill nasty bug-eyed biatch?  Easy.

(edited because Mr. Morden is even more of a prude than Inks.  Tongue )
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:34:47 pm by Grumpy Gramps »Logged
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 02:43:14 pm »
Ignore

Alan Grayson
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 02:43:54 pm »
Ignore

+1 to Gramps.  I had a google tab open to retrieve a Wasserman Schultz photo and everything.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »
Ignore

Say John McCain won in 2008 and liberal/progressive voters wanted a very liberal person to run. Who do you think would be the equivalent of Michele Bachmann (a non-establishment firebrand member of the House)?

I concur with the suggestion of Alan Grayson.

Though he's not a member of the U.S. House, I also see some similarities between Bachmann and Howard Dean.

Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 03:39:52 pm »
Ignore

Kucinich, I guess.

Nah, it needs to be someone who took all of Kucinich's ideas and claims to be their orignator. Grayson fits the bill, but I'll say Pete Stark, just to go against the grain.

Criticism in a time of war is essential to the maintenance of any kind of democratic government.- Robert Taft
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 05:38:43 pm »
Ignore

Weiner, assuming he can keep it in his pants.

Goodbye
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 05:49:18 pm »
Ignore

Alan Grayson

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 05:50:06 pm »
Ignore

Alan Grayson for sure, with Schultz in a close 2nd...
A shrill nasty bug-eyed biatch?  Easy.

(edited because Mr. Morden is even more of a prude than Inks.  Tongue )
Fun fact---she is my friends sisters sister-in-law...yea, they still havent gotten the Thanksgiving invite yet. I understand why, they hate Schultz more then Allen West and myself combined.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 05:54:02 pm »
Ignore

The Democratic Bachmann? Mhmm.

Sheila Jackson Lee.

Michael Moore (alright, not an office-holder Tongue ).
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 06:11:51 pm »
Ignore

This actually reminds a bit of the 2004 Dem Primaries.  Clearly, the closest the Republicans can come is with the boring bland Massachusetts guy.  But loud base ralliers in Southern man Rick Edwards and the ever ineloquent Michelle Dean are making a push.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 06:56:51 pm »
Ignore

Comparing a nutcase like Bachmann to a successful and popular multi-term governor and DNC chairman like Dean is very insulting to Dean.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
nhmagic
azmagic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 09:47:55 pm »
Ignore

See, I find it funny that you say that.  She is not well liked by the establishment of the party and she sides with the Paul wing far more often than she does the establishment.   The establishment wouldn't even let her serve as a committee chair because they found her economic views further right than they wanted.

Secondly, to the topic of the post.  There is no democratic equivalent unless you put her next to Hillary Clinton (maybe even Bill for that matter because her style is much like his).  She is the first major female candidate running on the republican ticket that has a chance at the nomination.  I actually think she'd win the general against Obama (then there'd be no real democrat equivalent to compare her to.
Zarn
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -5.91

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 10:42:16 pm »
Ignore

See, I find it funny that you say that.  She is not well liked by the establishment of the party and she sides with the Paul wing far more often than she does the establishment.   The establishment wouldn't even let her serve as a committee chair because they found her economic views further right than they wanted.

Secondly, to the topic of the post.  There is no democratic equivalent unless you put her next to Hillary Clinton (maybe even Bill for that matter because her style is much like his).  She is the first major female candidate running on the republican ticket that has a chance at the nomination.  I actually think she'd win the general against Obama (then there'd be no real democrat equivalent to compare her to.

I don't. She in in line for the most part. Pretending she is Paul on rhetoric (Gingrich does the same thing) doesn't make her anti-establishment. Even her show-off style Christianity is establishment friendly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout