List of Presidents by home states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:09:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  List of Presidents by home states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: List of Presidents by home states  (Read 9393 times)
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« on: December 16, 2004, 07:48:43 PM »

Hey States, it has always puzzled me why you want Virginia to get the credit for Woodrow Wilson. Wilson signed the Espionage act which was one of the most trecherous assaults on the first amendment in a long time. Wilson also supported the League of Nations, which was the UN's forerunner. Given all of this, I would think you'd be more than willing to let Jersey take credit for him.

Due to the reality that for many, legal residence changes from time to time, usually, Presidents are listed by their state of birth. That is one thing you can pin down with little uncertainty.

It is an entirely different matter to have the list reflect the state with which they were most associated, or the state where their political career blossomed, or what ever other criteria you might choose.
Correct. I have been trying for some time to pin down for certain the home states of Nixon and Eisenhower, but I can't say for sure for either one. (best I can figure out: Eisenhower NY '52, Eisenhower PA '56, Nixon NY '68, Nixon CA '72). Even birthplaces can be hard to pin down, just ask the Carolinas who both claim to be the birthplace of Andrew Jackson to this day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies