2nd Campaign Stop on my SE tour
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:09:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2nd Campaign Stop on my SE tour
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2nd Campaign Stop on my SE tour  (Read 380 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2004, 07:20:07 PM »

*Jake walks up on stage*

Hello, everyone. This is my second stop on my campaign for Southeastern Governor and I'm happy to spend it with y'all here. I understand there is a basketball game later, so I'll make my remarks short.

My campaign for Governor of the Southeast is about one principle, choice. Choice is the glue that binds our democracy. When we all walk into the ballot booth on Friday, we will have a choice of candidates and that is a good thing. If you honor me with the job of Governor of the Southeast, I can promise you that I will uphold the dignity of the office and work hard to make this region the greatest in Atlasia. I will work to establish a standardized regional tax to replace the sketchy system we have in place. This will ensure that all citizens are taxed fairly and that the region has the funds to improve your lives.

One of the plans I've been promoting for the last few weeks has been the Military Training Propositon. If this plan is passed next weekend, it will provide the money to build a new training center for our National Guard troops to train for duty overseas. The North Carolina National Guard currently has the 105th Military Police Battalion and the 30th Heavy Brigade deployed overseas in Iraq, and we are proud to honor their service. With the construction of this facility at Fort Bliss, we will ensure that troops deploying overseas will have the best training we can give them before they fight for us. I urge y'all to vote AYE on Proposition Six.

Also this weekend, we will be voting for the first Southeastern Magistrate. I ask you to vote for John Dibble for magistrate. John is an active, polite, and fair politician, which is saying something. He is a member of my party and I trust he will make an excellant judicial officer.

The rest of the ballot this weekend will be taken up by Propositions 7 and 8. Proposition 7 is the Right to Work Initiative. This initiative will firm up the region's laws regarding unions, the right to choose whether you will join a union, and establishes the penalties for violating these laws. This is a common sense initiative and I urge evry voter to vote to approve this initiative. Proposition 8 regards standardizing building codes in the region. This is also a good plan and this to deserves your vote.

Thank y'all for coming out to hear me, now go and cheer on the Demon Deacons!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies